1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can turn pretty much any open-wheeler in AMS2 to an old-school "spincade" car by reducing the rear wing and increasing the front wing. Not sure why you'd want to do that, the point of downforce is to make the car stick better and go faster through corners. I am basically done with driving open-wheelers in any other sims as they all seem to model downforce as an impediment to driving where the way to go fast on every track from Monza to Monaco is to zero out of the rear wing and then fiddle with the rear ARBs to skate around the track with no penalty. In AMS2 the effects (and benefits) of downforce are properly felt and aeroboying isn't always beneficial.

• Like Like x 6
  2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@REIZA
    Please, add a MD Douglas DC-10 to Cleveland!
    It will give a better airport feeling:)
    cleveland.jpg
    Or a Team Kool Green balloon.
    cleveland2.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Depends on the track. Long Beach and Cleveland are exceptionally short laps and they gain 3-4 seconds there already. Take something like Road America and you will have a bigger problem. And, yeah, new asphalt is a thing, but I highly doubt that Long Beach, a street circuit, has improved by that much. I also highly doubt that the track conditions explain more than a second difference (and even that's quite a stretch).

So, the car is easier than expected to drive AND too quick. So, you - and all the other guys responding to me - can of course argue about the benefits of downforce, but I think it's quite obvious that something's not recreated in a proper way here, be it car stability or pure corner speed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

How are you comparing with Long Beach as the 1998 layout has a major difference in 1st sector?

I'm not necessarily agreeing or disagreeing with your conclusion, just interested in how you arrive to such a conclusion based on Long Beach.

• Like Like x 1
  5. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

When it comes to Long Beach we'll just have to wait for the 2000 season to drop so we can get the comparasion there

6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Lap times are largely irrelevant. The F1 2021 lap times are close to real life, whereas the iRacing Mercedes W12 is several seconds faster. That does not mean F1 2021 is more realistic than iRacing. Devs have all kinds of tweaks they can use to influence lap times without changing anything in the realism aspect.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

I agree with you, but the plane is a Boeing 727-200F

Get it right, jeeze! :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

From v1.3.1.0 I'm not able to drive any other sim.
    Cart 1998 is the better, the funniest singleseater I have driven.
    Great effort Reiza!
    Can't wait to drive the other models:1995 and 2000.
    This AMS2 is every day far from PCars2 and more close to the true Reiza simulation!
    Many thx!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Do you really believe that the only difference between you and a RL Indy driver is that he is better than you dealing with g-forces, heat and fear?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista 2 update V1.3.1.1 is now live - this is another hotfix to complement the latest release with some further improvements & fixes.

As this update roll-out ran a bit late, the free period for Racin´ USA Pt1 & Pt2 was extended to suit, keeping them free to all AMS2 owners until this release - they are now available only for owners of either or both packages.

V1.3.1.1 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Added Real Weather historical data for Cleveland & Watkins Glen

UI & HUD
    • Fixed instances where custom AI drivers would have the wrong nationailty
    • Fixed an issue where all AI would have incorrect nationality in session results screen
    • Fixed leaderboard not being enabled by default in cockpit view
    • Added tyre wear and temp info to damage widget (this can be disabled by selecting the minimal version
    • Equalised opacity across all tach/damage modes.
    • Corrected engine layout UI info for Camaro GT4R & Copa Classic FL Fusca

PHYSICS & AI
    • F-USA: Adjusted tire tread for both compounds; adjusted default gear ratios & added extra final drive options; increased aero drop-off with yaw; switched off downishft autoblip; adjusted pit stop rules & timing
    • Made AI vehicles uncollidable earlier on pit entry

TRACKS
    • Cleveland: Enabled standing starts & moved rolling start position 300m back
    • Watkins Glen: Enabled standing starts & moved rolling start position 300m back; Added watchtowers; start gantry, warning light poles, worn maps mapping for tirewalls/tecpro barriers, garages scoretowers, more buildings and gantry structures, tweaked startlight gantry, added startlight; Reworked T1 curbs to minimise issues with AI; Adjusted track limits to not allow running wide into escape roads

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 32
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Yay track limits @ Watkins! No more cheat caravans going into t1. Can we have similar track limits @ Daytona to stop people using the track apron to avoid the banking and get an advantage in MP races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. NoMorholt

NoMorholt New Member

About the Stuttering in the last update, some news?

• Like Like x 1
  13. JAGLeMans

JAGLeMans Member

Yeah, but have the leaderboards been reset?

14. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I was literally about to drive Monza 1991, when I saw the update. Prior to it, there were some disappearing ground in the background with the corner looking at the first chicane. Glad to see on the replay post update that this has been fixed! :)

Still no grandstand at Lesmo 2 and the photographer gantry on the inside of Parabolica, but I’m sure they’ll be coming eventually, as they’re major aspect of Monza pre-1994.

About the relative 'ease' of the F-USA cars - I'm glad they're on the accessible side, than the ultra-real side, as they're much more fun to drive. Does that speak to my lack of alien talent? Yes, :D but I also think that fun has to be taken into consideration, without descending into full simcade.

I don't see many videos of people driving the F-Classic Gen1 (F1 1986) cars, as I think those are on the opposite side of the difficulty/fun spectrum, as a comparison.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

They usually use the automatic by weather. So softs for many classes it is.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"Added tyre wear and temp info to damage widget (this can be disabled by selecting the minimal version"
    Love this, did'nt like having to scroll through and get thos massive tire widgets in my face whilst driving, this is tonnes better. Bravo!

"Reworked T1 curbs to minimise issues with AI; Adjusted track limits to not allow running wide into escape roads" Just tried a few 3 lap races with F-USA and A.I. are so much better, no massive crashes on T1 or last turn either! Brilliant, although they do cause the odd skid when turning into pits, but are not taking each other out now, Bravo!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed their line into the pits is funny. If you are too close to them you will have to slow down to not crash onto them.

18. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

I know we've all been speculating about future track releases and possible ovals for later releases, so I thought I'd share some of my quick research to help contribute to the speculation!

The F-USA DLC will cover 3 years of CART racing- 1995, 1998 and 2000. Across those 3 seasons, 13 circuits were race don in all those seasons.
    Bold: In AMS2 Italic: Announced

Oval
    Nazareth
    Milwaukee
    Michigan

Road Course
    Portland
    Road America
    Cleveland
    Mid Ohio
    Laguna Seca

Street
    Surfer's Paradise
    Long Beach
    Detroit
    Toronto
    Vancouver

A further 6 circuits were featured in the 1998 and 2000 seasons

Oval
    Miami
    Twin Ring Motegi
    Rio
    Gateway
    California

Street
    Houston

For US ovals, I could see Michigan, California, or Milwaukee included, the former being superspeedways and the latter a shorter 1 mile speedway. Nazareth would be interesting, but it would be historic as the venue is defunct.

IMO AMS2 is in needs of more street circuits. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a historic Long beach layout in the near future (1995- 1998 used the same shorter layout without the fountain section) or Detroit.

Given the popularity of Mid Ohio and Portland across many racing disciplines, I'd be willing to bet in the future we'll see these included.

One interesting thought is the opener for the 1995 season at Miami Bicentennial Park. Although the layout was a one-off for CART before moving to Homestead, the reverse of the layout was used in the 80s and early 90s for IMSA, and we've been teased with some IMSA group C cars. I am not holding my breath, but it would tick a lot of boxes: US Venue, Street circuit, historic, used in several disciplines, and IMO, one of the best street layouts ever designed.

There's also a big question mark about if license for Indianapolis will ever come to fruition as the Indy 500 was part of the CART season in 1995.

Ok that's it for me, happy conspiring!

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

Don't know if that was it, but the "gummy' tire behavior is completelly fixed... as the differential behavior (now, car rotation fells much more responsive to throttle input than before).

Ceis é lindo demais!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Not everything is related to the diff....kinda. It's possible you feel an influence of final gear, tires and aero in interaction, that might feel better now.

I also highly recommend resetting default setup btw.

• Informative Informative x 2