1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I Like seeing speed trap data flash up on screen. You could get mods in rF1 that showed it. Would love something like that in AMS2.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Karl Rawstrone

Karl Rawstrone New Member

In VR (2070S and RiftS) I've gone from turning shadows off (e.g. Nords evening/night) to High and it's running amazingly. Shadows still fairly jaggy, but not too distractingly so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried running with accelerated time last night, 10x for 40 minutes and the shimmer becomes more apparent even on ultra, but with realtime or 2x they look great. I will stick with ultra now as for me it's worth taking the hit and reducing something like reflections instead.

4. SnatchTractor

SnatchTractor New Member

Certainly:

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you!

6. CrimsonEminence

@SnatchTractor

So this is very likely a "funny" bug, connected to the ingame profile seeing a steam name with less than 3 characters which is leading to the inability to change ingame profile name.

Thing is that it likely already triggers when you load a new/fresh ingame profile with the too short steam name and will even remain buggy, if you change your steam profile name afterwards.

BUT:
    You have two options to get around that:

-create a new ingame profile with a long enough steam name at first game load

-or wait for next update, because it's a solvable bug :) (probably recommended)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yes, Yes, YES, & YEEESSSSS!

• Like Like x 2
  8. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll reserve judgement for when we can actually drive the cars but I'm with you on that initial feeling. I was hoping for at least a Dallara DW12 or even a modern aeroscreen car (could be a generic Formula Ultimate USA Reiza or something). Hope we get them one day.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Yeah I myself wish that the gaps were a little larger, maybe 88, 98 and 08 (IR05) or something along those lines
    95 is gonna be a good addition for the ICR2 memories though
    If the cars are different to drive though it won't matter much

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Yes, that should finally be fixed for these cars, as this issue came up with an update about one year ago and had not been there in earlier builds. When using autoclutch and shifting to neutral after a spin, the engine stalls. Same when pitting, no matter if you stay in 1st or neutral. When standing still, the engine switches off.

Second annoying issue: When using custom liveries for Formula_V12 and F-V10 Gen2, you still suffer from this double livery thing (one AI has same livery as player, whilst one livery is missing when driving in full grid).

11. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Yeah, The Formula Classics vary wildly from Gen1 to Gen3 in terms of handling and power. I'm guessing Papyrus' ICR2 had a lot to do with the decision. I can't blame them for that, as I played those sims to death, along with Crammond's(GP1-4). Nostalgia FTW.

In future, there needs to be a way to easily switch between multiple years within the same car class, enabling multiple seasons for the F-USA cars for example, if you wanted to race 1998 one day and say, 1999 or 2000 on another day.
    The Formula V12 has multiple season skins available for it, needing just this sort of thing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

I'm really hoping for the ability / option to resize the widgets in the HUD and having an option for a full tack map vs the current zoomed in version. These 2 changes would be huge for me!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

At the beginning of this topic I complained about the tires being gummy and you joked about ("hurdur... like rubber")... but Reiza changed that I said and the car gone better. Now you are trying to enforce a graph that has no real application about how the diff is working.

Usually you make very good points, but now you are just saying something for the sake of being right. Just chill out, lads... the car was a crap and now is amazing, that is what really matters.

Abrações!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you're willing to run SimHub, there is a full track map available that works well.

15. CrimsonEminence

So rear wheel rps and slip, even synced to pedal inputs has no real application about how the diff is working? Good to know, mate! :)

But i'm happy to read, what would show a "real application", to improve testing process for something, i spent 70% of my testing with and apparently did it wrong. :whistle:

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone know when we are meant to be getting the option to llimit tyre sets?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hope soon. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or the appropriate tyre compounds available - at least for the open wheels. We really are missing those, as they are a huge part of open wheel racing dynamics.

I understand Reiza seems to be struggling with tyre compounds performance, hence the delay. Is that correct?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I did some pretty intensive practicing and a 30 min race at watkins and the softs wear about 2x as fast as the hards. The hards were about 2 secs slower per lap at optimal temp. The softs could last a full fuel tank with some nursing though.

IMO the advantage softs have is the ability to get pace when you need it and conserve when you don't. The hards you have to push all the time and could get touchy when doing so more frequently and they seem to overheat only marginally less than the softs at hotter track temps.

I'm going to use softs until the hards don't overheat and stay at optimal grip
    Im chill. I'll admit the rubber joke was a bit cheeky, but I like the feeling the rubber overtop of the suspension dynamics. It helps me determine the loading, which effects the tire temps, which I like to keep an eye on corner by corner. You may feel gum, I don't. But the change wasn't made for the feel, it was made for the lap times only. So if it solves 2 issues for you instead of one, great! Perhaps its best of both worlds.

Im not trying to enforce anything. What Crimson posted IS diff data, there is no other data out there that I know of that takes the conversation from anecdotal to empirical. Reading that graph one can tell, when he's braking, when he's cornering, how the diff opens on coast, and how it opens on power. You can tell if its a right hand corner or a left hand corner. You can tell that he throttles through the apexes. I can even see that the left tires went over some rumble strips coming out of the right hander starting at the 2600 mark. If this isn't directly on point, what can be?

The diff settings also weren't changed "behind the scenes" and if Crimson says the diff is behaving the same, he would be the one to know. So to dismiss him and his data...

As much as I value a subjective buffet of conjecture when talking about cars. I do tend to lean towards data.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not impossible, they've licensed the track in a few other sims (iRacing, RaceRoom, IndyCar Racing series), but the last time it was licensed out was 2015. I'm not sure if the owners are hesitant to license it out, possibly want too much money for the license, or they feel an appropriate sim hasn't come along since.

Been hoping it would get a release in a more modern sim (aside from iRacing). The frustrating thing with the AC mod versions of the track is, the most topologically accurate version has a terrible road mesh, where the other version is inaccurate on terrain data, but has a good road mesh.

Then again, it's just one of many unique road courses in the US.

• Agree Agree x 1