1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I take it you are not using any damping slider ?
    as without some use of it , i don’t think 5.0.1 works the way it’s intended too.
    just like default it adds some resistance and weight to everything.

2. Kuku Maddog

yes that over lightness was something i didn’t like with 5.0.5 .
    that and much higher max forces in under high downforce load.

with the right balance of sliders, 5.0.1 feels significantly more consistent steering weight and the road textures come through more .
    can even feel brake cantering better.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. T3chAddict

T3chAddict New Member

Danke Daniel. ICh werd das mal versuchen. Also du nutzt die 5.01. Was fur parameter hast du da noch geandert? Schuldige Deutsch ist nicht mein Erstsprache. Danke.

4. T3chAddict

T3chAddict New Member

Yeah I am using the cusotm file and I do get the oscillations. ALthough I am a bit confused to the Heavy messing 2.5 files I found on here and the 5.0x files so I will start playing around with those and see what works better. Sorry I'm new to this :) Thanks for the reply though.

5. T3chAddict

T3chAddict New Member

Man... I'm going through so many posts here since yesterday and just gotta say this: Damn you guys are nerds when it comes to this stuff and I ****ing love it. Thanks to all that are contributing here and happy holidays!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  6. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Heavy messing files by @NuScorpii are very old. We haven't seen him around here for quite some time. It has really only been @Karsten Hvidberg and crew for awhile. They are doing a great job in making AMS2 the best.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

[QUOTE = "Kuku Maddog, post: 166143, member: 21004"] I take it you are not using any damping slider?
    as without some use of it, i don't think 5.0.1 works the way it's intended too.
    just like default it adds some resistance and weight to everything. [/ QUOTE]

There's a good chance the "madness bug" is playing tricks.

People getting weird oscillations on dd1 bases using the custom files as well as people not feeling a difference using damping slider on Default/Default+.
    There are more cases than these 2 of weird behavior that some encounter while others don't.
    So far I was under the impression the bug would always surface the same for all users, but it seems highly likely that some percentage are exposed to it slightly differently.
    @Domagoj Lovric please see this, as I think we do have evidence it's now a serious issue, no matter which ffb configuration the user picks, based on chance.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 6
  8. geg

geg New Member AMS2 Club Member

@Karsten Hvidberg

I have as you a Simucube 2 Pro with last driver installed. Especially with formula cars I have oscillations (with all 5.X) as soon as I remove the hands of the wheel (back strait of Adelaide Historic for example).
    Any tips to avoid that?

in game
    =======
    GAIN 38
    LFB 4
    FX 24
    DAMPER as power steering 20

TD
    ==
    Strenght 80%
    Damping 0
    Friction 0
    Inertia 0

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Kuku Maddog

Interesting
    With default the ffb is hopeless for me without using moderate damper, as it adds the control to the wheel.
    Both against my input and to resist the output forces of the game so they done run away.
    And basically is crucial to overall weight.

10. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Initially I had the damping slider at 1 to avoid possible calculation errors having it at 0.
    Did some more testing with your 5.0.1 now, and with a bit of damping it felt better :)
    Anything up to 15 was very manageable oscillation wise, running at 10 for the moment.

But from about 20 and above the damping slider works more as an oscillation amplifier, both on custom files and default FFB :confused: (@Karsten Hvidberg as well).
    Might be something with DD1 bases in general, or something with my setup specifically.
    Here's my Fanatec settings:
    upload_2021-12-24_10-58-37.png
    In-game is
    Gain 45
    LFB 5
    FX 25
    Damping 10

11. Kuku Maddog

I get you, I get oscillation at high speed if I take my hands completely off the wheel, but it’s not an issue otherwise, and taking hands of the wheel at 200- 300kph isn’t normally something I would do :)
    . So I’m happy to live with it, for the overall feel of connection and full road texture at straight centre.
    But your wheel base is more powerful than mine so maybe it’s a bigger issue that is trying to pull the wheel while you are holding it ?

12. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

There's no problems when I'm holding the wheel, it's just when I sligthly let go. So it's more of a security concern as I have small kids that might distract me at any moment :)
    But regardless, your file feels great even with less damping than what is probably optimal.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I tested your modified 5.0.1 WIP file quickly and I just love how it feels on my SC2 Sport wheelbase. :)

It has a nice detailed feel with a moderate bump scale (bumps in Nordschleife with high powered high downforce cars doesn't destroy my arms with this file) and it also has a very nice natural steering weight, even it doesn't have the damping slider used for power steering anymore.

In fact, I don't even miss that feature with this file because the steering weight already feels so awesome out-of-the-box. I just set the in-game damping slider to 0 and leave it there, feels perfect. :)

Simply put, for me your modified 5.0.1 file is an awesome all-rounder file. I can just dial in my preferred in-game FFB settings, select the car and track and after that I can just forget fiddling with the in-game FFB settings completely even when I switch to another car and track when I feel like it. :)

My in-game settings are 35/10/30/0 and they work awesome with the GTE cars and also with the open-wheel cars such as the McLaren MP4/12 for my wheelbase (for this specific car I have set the vehicle specific FFB Gain at 80% and it works great with the in-game settings mentioned earlier).

Great work with your modified 5.0.1 file, @Kuku Maddog ! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

V

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hallo

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. tk84

tk84 Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry if I'm being stupid, but is there something in this 5.0.x file that is causing Menu Spring Strength to get overwriten?

I have it set to 0, but when in menus there is definitely quite a strong resistance with my wheel and I can't turn it more than 90 degrees. Obviously not the end of the world, its just something I'm sure I didnt use to have, pretty sure when set to 0 I could spin the wheel freely around..

17. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To Reiza, to Karsten & Co. and to all of us, none excluded...........

:hurrayreiza: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!! :hurrayreiza:

Being alive is a precious gift for anyone, we can even play AMS 2 ...
    ... we're lucky ... full speed ahead!!!

:):):):)

merry-driftmas-and-a-hethel-new-year-from-lotus-cars.jpg

• Like Like x 13
    • Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Indeed,

Thank you Stakanov!
    Merry x-mas to you and everybody!

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  19. LowBlow

LowBlow New Member

Hi all, merry christmas. AMS2 is my favourite sim at the moment and today my Simagic Alpha Mini showed up. Which custom ffb file from here is recommended for that DD base please?

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Kuku Maddog

Welcome to the world of custom files.

here is what I’m running with my Alpha mini currently
    With settings of Gain 55, Lfb 25 , fx 25, damper 25 as a base.

Attached Files: