1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy New Year and thanks for a great 2021! I'm excited for 2022!

2. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jonathon

jonathon Linuxer

I read this title as "2 December 2021 Development Update" and got confused... :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy new year!

5. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FCY and career mode lets go! Exciting stuff for 2022! Happy New Year to everyone!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Member AMS2 Club Member

Oval AND dirt racing that will be glorious. Take your time, I'm sure you'll nail it

• Like Like x 3
  7. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna Active Member

I hope to see more people online, this sim is amazing !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can someone please explain this „full course yellow“ (FCY) thing to me and why it is so important for oval racing?

Isn’t this a safety measure which shouldn’t be important for SIM-racing at all as nobody‘s life is really threatened in a virtual world? I even don’t like it when I have to watch F1 cars in TV driving many many many laps behind a safety car until track has been cleared from debris and I‘m happy that we don’t need these annoying interruptions in sim racing because there is no real danger for us sim-racers because of such debris.

And why so important for oval racing? Doesn’t it matter how many corners a track has? Debris is debris and danger is danger no matter of the track layout, right?

Is FCY something that should be implemented in AMS2 just to make the experience more realistic (because in real life it’s also there) or would it really have a positive effect if it’s implemented or: what problem would we have when racing on ovals without FCY implemented?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Congrats to the whole team!
    The improvements in AMS2 in 2021 have been spectacular for sure.
    This is such a solid base for years to come!
    Especially for building an in-depth career mode leveraging all features and the extensive content from all eras.

10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It looks like Spa - Malmedy

11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy new year to all!
    That's a great start, more historical content, perfect.!
    AMS2 is a great SIM, but the historical contents are the best and the only thing I need;)

And some 20 / 30 year old historical cars/tracks show me, that I am not a child anymore:(

REIZA, relax these days to restart with full throttle and power for the next 12 months, keep going!

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

This is music to my ears.

Thanks Renato and all the team at Reiza for providing me with many hours of enjoyment this year.
    AMS2 has become my vice to unwind and relax outside the stresses of working life, and it's looking like 2022 will be another year of huge progress.

It's been a pleasure to follow the development of this sim, and reap the benefits of all the new content and improvements.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because a big accident will easily block the track and cause more mayhem. Watch some Class D oval races on iRacing (no yellows), they are just a wreckfest.

Also, it has strategic consequences since without yellows the leader will quickly start lapping backmarkers and if you ever go a lap down you need to work hard to get your lap back to have a chance at winning the race. A full-course caution will bunch the cars back up, which will also dictate the pit stop strategy. Most oval races are 2-3 hours long irl.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. RacingAtHome

RacingAtHome New Member

With disappearing cars and most ovals being banked, there wouldn't be any problems by not having an SC period.

However, it's not the type of thing that changes nothing. We saw a few weeks ago how a Safety Car period on a road course can dramatically change a race and we see it a few times a season.

In series like IndyCar and NASCAR, it's the type of thing that offers a wildly differing variation in strategy and I've been a part of IndyCar leagues on PCARS2 where manual Safety Cars did exactly that. A well-timed yellow was the difference to me needing to work my way back onto the lead lap and being in a good position to make a stop without losing as much track position.

There are also various philosophies to pitting on ovals because you don't lose the laps you would under green. Most of the time, it's better to pit on, pretty much, every yellow and that's how I won an iRacing race at Motegi because one of those yellows turned out to be the one where I could edge it on fuel with one less stop. Also, with the high loads on tyres, fresh tyres are usually better so you can see a split in terms of that.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

You are a very pleasant team to follow. Respectful, attentive, with good com for your community. I don't own AMS 2 and now it's time to buy it. Any purchase has a trigger and for you the list goes on. But I would say that this last post with announcements like Steam Achievements, Carrer mode, AI development, more multiplayer features, Full course yellows. I like a lot. The CART had me already well hyped as well as the DPI.
    For the future, a development of hybrid prototypes like the Porsche 919 would please me a lot even if it is unlicensed because this type of driving is great with another approach with the management of the hybrid and a good addition for endurance. I really appreciated these vehicles on Pcars2.
    Happy New Year to all of you Brazilian friends;)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

I think we have enough formula car in this game. And more will come with DLC's. I love formula car. Especially V10 and after. But i would rather see more modern race series cars and more street legal cars or different race series car in this game. That would excite me. What the majority of the community wants to see in this game is more important, i know that. But if i have to speak for myself, more formula cars don't excite me.

• Agree Agree x 9
  17. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I SECOND THAT, specially because I am missing badly Marcas or TC cars in general...

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

I absolutely love this sim and it keeps evolving which is great. I like how everyone has different opinions and preferences. I differ from some because I don’t particularly race a lot of open wheelers, I prefer the GT4, GT3 AND GTE class cars. Where I think AMS2 has a big void is in the BTCC and WTCC car classes both modern (Hondas, seats, fords, BMW etc etc) and vintage (Volvo estates, Primeras etc etc). I know licensing is issues for a lot of content and I am more than happy with what we have currently and what we will still receive.
    Hope everyone has a good new year and this sim keeps growing

Baz

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Is Reiza just shooting to get every single era of F1 in at this point? If so I wouldn't be complaining :p

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy New year Reiza and everyone else! Great news for 2022, cannot wait!