1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

A lot of love for open wheelers in this thread which I don’t mind in the slightest. Would imagine Reiza may mix it up a bit though as may not want too many eggs in same basket.

2. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

Everyone talking about open wheelers so….

I’d like to say that I would love a modern open wheeler car. Perhaps the new F4 Brazil or an updated F3 Regional car. Maybe some of the road to Indy cars without all the overtaking systems. Just a raw modern open wheeler kinda like iRacing’s F3.

The F309 in ams2 is now 13 years outdated and is as fast (or as slow) as a GT3 :/

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since there seems to be a division between those here who would like more historic Formula 1 cars and those who don't want more open wheelers… Mercedes-Benz solved this dilemma for us a long time ago with their W196:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly, I am not a fan of open wheels but AMS2 has shown that some open wheels are fun. Since we have CART now, can we also get a newer F3 and F2?

I still prefer more tin tops, particularly Marcas and the current hyundai cup in Brazil.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I personally love formula racing, and I agree with comments requesting the modern F2 car (dallara f2/18) to bridge the f-ultimate with the much slower f301 and f309s. Currently rf2 has this level of formula racing covered with their multiple tatuus models.

also an f-ultimate gen2 which reflects 2022 regs has to be on the wish list?

• Like Like x 5
  6. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nascars? Think this would fit pretty well to the US packages...:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

They're planned for Part 3

8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Whilst I'm not the biggest open wheel fan, I would say "eggs in so many baskets" is a bigger concern for me than which those baskets are.

Reiza's been doing a stellar job in trying to keep on top of their existing content, but the wider that net is cast the more it could potentially take away from 'depth'. Personally I'd love to see more in the '70s Touring and GT categories, but I'd be equally supportive if they said "we're going to focus on '70s and '80s single seaters and add as much depth as possible".

Still, I know I'm preaching to a choir and Reiza are well aware of, and proactively dealing with, concerns like mine, so can't complain!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They've never said that, they said Part 3 would be focused on "oval racing" and people invented the NASCAR out of thin air. It could just as well be historic open-wheel oval racing or something.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Eduardo Villaça

Eduardo Villaça Member AMS2 Club Member

I know this is a bit silly, but I find these subcategories within the open wheelers a bit confusing... it would be so much easier if it was something like "Formula Retro 197x/198x" or "Formula Classic 198x" instead of Gen1/2/3...

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Or just possibility to sort by date of car construction, I'm getting confused a lot if it comes to what era of Formula is the car from

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't get confused, but scrolling through the list and finding what you want is a pain. The problem of too many options :whistle:

13. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A "from year / to year" filter in both the car selection and track selection screen would be a nice feature to have, but such an interface can be difficult to make work with input devices that are not mouse&keyboard.

• Like Like x 3
  14. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I agree that having year info in-game would be nice, for now you can see that info in the AMS2 cars website:
    Open-Wheelers

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Whilst wishlisting, I forgot that my number one request for a feature for 2022 will be the ability to create a completely custom offline grid - I don't care how many notepad txt files I need to edit, but please allow me to say "I want these liveries from this car and this car from Class A and those from that car in Class B (with the custom AI values) at some point.

With that, I can make my own 'career' with a pen and paper and the immersion will be 100x greater for me personally.

• Like Like x 1
  16. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For oval racing there are better ways than NASCAR (except historic cars) like this which would fit much better to REIZAs unique contents:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
  17. Racer25

Racer25 New Member

If they decide to do NASCAR, I hope it's the era before restrictor plate racing. 1982-1987 would be a great period to start.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They'd have to do a 1990 car too though. Can't imagine they would skip the opportunity for a Days of Thunder reference. The Caper Monterey was definitely missed when it was dropped from PC2. I'm curious if the roadmap will have any clues to Racin' USA Pt.3...

Luckily, a single model will suffice from whatever periods they decide to offer (if they indeed go the NASCAR route) so they could easily do 3 and then focus on tracks. However, they already have a lot to do with oval models for the F-USA cars.

19. Marg

Marg Active Member

"single model will suffice", yes, some series are very well represented by just 1 or 2 cars. Even Indycar back in 1986 had just 2 chassis - 85% March and some Lolas (not counting Penske or older chassis).

20. Atanas Dmyanov

Atanas Dmyanov New Member

I love everything you did, but please we need DRIFTING.

• Disagree Disagree x 17
    • Funny Funny x 3