1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 December 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2021.

1. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From a business perspective, not as in earning as much cash as quickly as possible, but rather as being able to keep a small business afloat: It's better to have the earnings spread out over time rather than to receive all at once. In other words, since Reiza's earnings come from game sales and DLC purchases, it's wise to not launch two large DLCs back-to-back and instead wait until the earnigs momentum from the previous DLC has died out. So I don't think we'll see Part 3 of the DLC for a few more months.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

There is a simple option is to update the dallara F3 with the dallara F320 from the Euroformula open with the Halo.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

You right now:
    [​IMG]
    I actually think drift content would make pretty reasonable sense, maybe in the Extreme pack that's planned and/or something as a carryover from AMS1, besides it's far from the worst suggestion people could make :p

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But do those stock cars go over 200 freedom units per hour? Don't think so. :p

Suppose we didn't get the oval-specific CART that's been announced, and that we were just getting oval tracks and not any cars specifically for oval racing: My guess is that those ovals would mostly be raced with Street Supercars and SuperV8 (for shorter ovals where that car doesn't reach redline in top gear). Not the Brazilian stock cars. So it would be nice to get some high-speed and low-grip NASCAR for this purpose.

5. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can choose the class, the skin and the driver names in as many classes as you like (I've used up to nine) with the only limitation being that there's an even number of cars picked from each class. You can't have 1 GTE and 4 P1s, for example, but you could pick only MB190s from the German Group A class.

It picks one car from each of the chosen classes, in class order but the class you're driving is first, and repeats until the grid is full.

It always picks cars/drivers that are named in the custom AI files first so you can just pick from one chassis in each class.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  6. Wolf

Wolf New Member

I Love Formula 1 cars and Formula 1 history. I always wanted a game where many eras of Formula 1 cars are playable. AMS 2 comes my dream really close. After the upcoming Update for the 1983 Era we need the 1994 Era. I want to drive the Benetton B194 and the Williams FW14. And please some really old F1 cars. The Early 50s. I want to feel like Juan Manuel Fangio. And where is the McLaren MP4/4 from the first teaser? Please give us the complete F1 history of Senna... Lotus 98T!!!!

BTW: I LOVE F1 CARS.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

#metoo :)
    I hope you use VR too. Then you can really BE Senna or Fangio! :cool:

8. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's possible, but it's a bit difficult at the moment. There are a few cars that are fairly easy to drift consistently: Camaro road car, Corvette C3, Porsche RSR, etc. They still require a lot more finesse and skill to control than say any road car in AC or one of the plethora of excellent drift mods on that sim. With Nissan content on the horizon, I would really like to see some version of the S chassis make it's way to AMS2. Also, if they add drift cars, they need to have some lower horsepower stuff and not just 800+ monsters like Pcars2 did. Imo, 250-300hp is the perfect range for people to learn the art of drifting. Plus, we already have a bunch of great kart tracks to drift on.

• Like Like x 2
  9. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato have said more than one time that the landscape for simracers preferences have changed in the last couple of years. It was 80% SP users not a long time ago and it's about 50/50 now, acording to figures they have access.

I doubt any devs fails to see this (like you said), it's only not a simple thing to do. ACC has a big publisher behind and their MP experience it's not that good yet, lacking a lot o things, after some years of work. Iracing it's only what it is cause they have more than a decade of development and a faucet that drips money every month from their users.

Besides that I tend to think MP users are a lot more vocal in the forums (almost like VR users:p) but you need to remember that there is the same amount of players enjoyng the SP experience in a more silence way.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Normally I would agree, but they got 4 more DLC packs they have to get out before the end of 2022 or risk extending the season pass for current holders. Remember, racing USA was supposed to come out as one massive expansion and not 3 normalish sized DLC.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am happy to hear that historic Spa and Nurburgring will arrive in Q1 and that the rest of the Pt.2 DLC along with documentation on ffb and mp ratings will arrive later this month.

1.3.x brought in a lot of good changes so it's hard to say what doubled the numbers. Was it the physics changes, MP ratings, custom AI, CART?

I have been enjoying it though. There is usually 1 or 2 rooms at all times, so I join if I happen to catch the end of qualifying. Organization will consolidate the base and drive more growth so I look forward to those developments. I assume that's what keeps Raceroom where it is currently.

12. Theo Lupu

Theo Lupu Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I understand. The dedi has issues of its own though with what field sizes we have. Would just be nice to have the choice in game.

13. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato has already stated putting years in the subcategories in game is flying too close to the F1 copyright sun so that won't ever happen.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Brett Nagle

They can't add the years in game for copyright issues with F1. Use this as a guide.

Vintage Gen 1 & 2 = Late 60s
    Retro Gen 1 = Mid 70s
    Retro Gen 2 = Late 70s
    Retro Gen 3 = Early 80s
    Classic Gen 1 = Mid 80s
    Classic Gen 2 = Late 80s
    Classic Gen 3 = Early 90s
    V12 = Mid 90s
    V10 Gen 1 = Late 90s
    V10 Gen 2 = Early 00s
    Formula Reiza = Early 10s
    Formula Ultimate = Late 10s

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt naming a series "Formula Retro Gen 1 Mid 70s" is going to violate anyone's copyright. Trying to fit it into the allotted text space might though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Brett Nagle

Okay well Renato said almost a couple years ago when this exact topic came up

"Without going into details, we would be flying too close to the sun by adding the year to the cars, and it wouldn´t be accurate as although they have a core year for inspiration, the generation usually covers at least 2 years.
    We gave it some thought to naming conventions - we agree the current is clunky but anything we came up with was just random and made it harder to remember what spec the cars actually are."

So be sure to let Renato know he is wrong about adding the years to the cars, since it's not that big of a deal in your eyes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Whatever smart arse! There is no way that would be copyrighted.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Calm down a little bit, please. You can also talk about that matter without the passive aggressiveness guys.

Fwiw: There is an official statement about that situation and it's certainly made out of experience with how to deal with a copyright/licensing situation. So there is actually no reason to assume things.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's so cool that we get such a wide spectrum of formula cars. They all feel vastly different, but you can feel the progression through the eras. Just in the 90's cars alone, the change between the Gen 3 to the V10 Gen 1 is insane. You go from a light, short wheelbase, twitchy monster, to a stable downforce beast that is not too far removed from its successors over a decade later.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Brett Nagle

Yup it's a pretty unique experience and it's also cool to feel the technical regulation changes and how they impacted the development of the cars. The bonkers grip improvement from the mid 70s to late 70s with the introduction ground effects, or the reduction in raw power from the crazy turbo cars in gen 1 classics to the lower power, but more refined gen 2 and 3 classic formula cars.