1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Canard

Canard New Member

Testing a bit of everything, yours feel incredible on CSL DD and so far the best to me.
    Lot of details, lot of feeling, lot of control. Thanks (a lot).

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I need to stop treating this as a force feedback tweaking sim like I did with PC2 and start enjoying it for what it is - a damn great racing sim.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

My girlfriend claims the moment I stop tweaking a game, I lose interest and start playing something else (and I think she has a point) :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Alegunner68

Sometimes I just want to go back to consoles. But where's the fun in that? :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. JDean

JDean New Member

Thanks, this is a very smooth File. On the CSL DD there is not so much Detail, but the overall performance is super balanced.
    You can catch every slide (no wristbraking), it has a vibration understeer effect and the power steering is easy adjustable with the damping slider. The Curbs are super crisp with DD. Great Job.

Im now on the Podium list with GT4 in Spa:D:D
    Thanks for That

• Like Like x 1
  6. easy81

easy81 Member

@Alegunner68 in the end it was like you said. I changed the center relax value, decreased LNB..but the vibrations always continued. It was enough for me to calibrate the wheel to make the strong vibrations in the center almost completely disappear. Now I can also drive the wheel with one hand .... thanks

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alegunner68

Glad you got it sorted.

8. Alegunner68

I'm getting the pull right bug again, happened a couple of times yesterday, now it's all the time. Reinstalled wheel drivers, done a game file check, nothing helps.
    Haven't had this for ages, bleeding typical now I just want to race I can't.

Edit: seems ok 'for now', reduced on wheel ffb to 95, very odd, never had to that before.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Lele

Lele New Member

Hello guys. I'm new on ams 2 and i have a t300 rs. Which custom ffb is more appropriate for my wheel ? Thank you.

10. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With Default, Default+, Custom or all FFB. I only ever run my 2.5 at 90 - 95 anyway, but will look out for it.

11. pista hufnagel

pista hufnagel New Member

Hi
    Who uses tm, t300
    firmware update to 34.00
    Driver: 2.10.84.0
    and you get 1 new feature,BOOST (costant--Spring) ,you set it up,not bad,but maybe too much (large_track_bump_scale)? perhaps
    v34 Firmware for T300

Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  12. Alegunner68

Hi, try some of the files on page 1, should be something suitable there.

13. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I just used this the last few days in combination with default+ FFB. It completely transformed the FFB fot t300 for me. It is much more lively. It is a lot heavier. I adjusted the gain and Low force boost in AMS 2 settings which helped a lot. There is way more center feel now.

At first I thought I did not like it, but then I turned boost off and I immediately missed the center feel of the wheel. I think this significantly improves the T300 wheel!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I may have found a solution for mild oscillations I've always had with rFuktor 5.0.1 , while still maintaining the tight center I enjoy with it.

changing the way the Lfb works with the centre to these older rFuktor values , then allows me to run no Lfb or Damper .
    (lfb_slider_strength 1.0) #0.0-1.0. How steep lfb slider adjusts the curve.
    (center_full (blend (min 1 (* lfb_slider 2)) 0.25 0.5))

It seems to be working really well and feels very direct around center still without any deadzone , but so far ive not had the slight ocsilation with hands removed, only movement is just expected track details.

• Informative Informative x 7
  15. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Any word if someone is working on updating the thread as it's quit outdated now?

It should have coincided with the FFB/physics update released in December.

16. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been using it the past week in several titles and enjoying it for the most part.

In iRacing/ACC it feels fantastic!
    FH5 felt better
    I tested it last night with AMS2 and it feels pretty good for the most part but I feel something missing/off...it is very heavy and a hell of a shoulder work out.
    I had a 3rd booster shot yesterday combined with several hrs of AMS2 last night and my shoulders are aching this morning.

Tm Profile 75/100/100/100
    In-game 65/45/45/50

Wish I could figure out how to read the ffb widget...with the above settings it felt pretty good with the formula trainer and 21 stock car....useless in the Copa truck as I had zero feedback other than heavy resistance....I couldn't even steer the truck out of pit lane at interlogos without crashing 3 times.

My understanding of the ffb widget is you should have a decent balance of all the bars without the last one (red) showing any clipping.
    With those settings I was finding it was predominantly the first 2 bars and the 3rd only slightly appeared during a spin out.
    No clipping, but my fan stayed on for a few mins after playing and was a little warm.
    I've had the wheel for several yrs and it has done me well, I'll keep running the boost and hopefully it will hold up till I grab a new TM DD

I still need to do some more testing to find a good balance.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  17. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I can confirm that these changes work well on the Logitech G920 also. After setting "centering" to 0.58, and In Game to 94/10/25/9, all is smooth, no dead zone, no oscillations, and no gear grinding.
    Good find Kuku !

latest G920 cFFB file as of 12-26-22.
    ffb_custom_settings

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Where can I find a complete document about custom ffb file please?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Hey mate, Any chance you can post up your latest file? Ive got a g29 and Ive been using your files for a while but changing a few lines for personal taste.
    (brake_feel_follow_weight 0.20)
    (tear_threshold 0.25)
    This is the file i have loaded # File tuned for personal preferences by Peter Stefani for Logitech G920. 12/22/2021
    Regards Benzaah

20. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I think the trick with AMS2 is to significantly lower the LFB, since the new boost setting might make this too heavy. I also reduced damping in the profile settings quite a bit (not 100% sure that does anything though).

Turning on boost, using LFB while yourself being boosted might also be too much boost :D

Attached Files: