1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Canard

Canard New Member

I think those peaks are too long for my taste, giving noticeably much more resistance even in long turns without bumps, then comparatively, a lack of feedback once in straights.
    But since I like to run minimal to no damper in driver, that might be an explanation as to why I feel this feature is brutal and unhelpful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gasngrip

Gasngrip Member

Hello Guys,

i was thinking about testing a custom ffb like rfuktor's
    i own a CSL DD, would the wheel settings still be the same as the one's recommended on fanatec's forum for CSL DD or they would need tweaking ?

thanks

3. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

The -ffb 600 fixed it for me, detail is back. Great detective work Crimson!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Canard

Canard New Member

Turn off damping; rfuktor already manages it. Rest is up to you.

5. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Additional damping depends on your base…
    I need to use some damping on my DD1 to avoid oscillations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I must say that the -ffb 600 fix does make it better also for me in FFB detail so good job to all people who were involded discovering the fix!

After the fix it's definitely easier to drive a car to it's limits. I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record here but I just managed to set another new world record on Nordschleife (took the #1 place back on leaderboard I lost to my friend SpeedFinn earlier today). :) I am now very near under 5 minute barrier in Nordschleife. If only I didn't f*cked up badly in sector 3... oh well, hopefully next time I can make the lap under 5 minutes (now I'm too tired)! :)

http://www.dropbox.com/s/1p8dsmf6gk...schleife_tumi_world_record_03-01-22.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/2vd4v0bmga..._world_record_03-01-22_sector_times.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/dhuh5ku908...leife_tumi_personal_record_03-01-22.png?raw=1

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Gasngrip

Gasngrip Member

that is natural damper or game damper effects ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi what custom file are you using still 5.0.1?

9. Gasngrip

Gasngrip Member

i have CSL DD i think we can use the same value, NDP or DPR ?

10. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Hello, @Marcin

No, not 5.0.1 (or yeah, kind of... some parts of 5.0.1 are used in this file). I am currently using Kuku's hybrid file - Delta-S Evo Tune by Kuku (Primary scrub Plus). You can download it from the link in @Kuku Maddog 's signature but I can also post it here for easier access.

No changes in True Drive (same TD settings as before still applies to this file), my in-game FFB settings are 35/10/30/20 (also for McLaren MP4/12 I'm using 80% vehicle specific FFB Gain with this file).

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Canard

Canard New Member

Custom FFB are technically a game's file, so the latter I guess.

Code:
    #--- set damping or power_steering to static value or to match damping_slider
    (damping                      0.3)                #set static within range 0.0 - 1.0 or set to damping_slider
    (power_steering               damping_slider)    #set static within range 0.0 - 1.0 or set to damping_slider

12. Marcin

Marcin Member

Hi @tUMi , thank you. I will test this file.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gasngrip

Gasngrip Member

we have the same base if i'm not wrong, are you using stock ffb ?

14. Mathias[NuoSimulation]

Mathias[NuoSimulation] New Member

I also drove the V10 for a few laps and it doesn't drive very well. By that I mean simply unrealistic. It feels like it has light traction control and all-wheel drive, and unfortunately it's still much, much too fast. The V12 from 1995 makes a much better impression.

15. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Hi all. Just got a friend set up on PC with AMS2. He has a Thrustmaster T-GT II wheel. Any recommendations for a custom file and settings?

16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

FFB seems fine here (without the ffb Launch parameter).
    I'm using the custom file: Kuku's hybrid file - Delta-S Evo (Primary scrub Plus).

I did enable the Launch parameter (-ffb 600) and could not detect any benefit, no matter the preset (Custom / Default / Default+).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I'm using the very same custom file as you do. It's been a very good file for me as well this far since last weekend when I started using it for the first time with the latest game update (V1.3.2.0).

Today I've been using it with the FFB launch parameter (-ffb 600) and while it doesn't do any night and day difference to me it certainly hasn't made it worse either. In my opinion the FFB feels a bit better when the game is launched with the FFB parameter but it also could be some sort of placebo effect in my end.

I also tested @Alegunner68 's latest file today with the -ffb 600 launch parameter (the second file in Alegunner's post) and it felt much better than the previous Delta-S belt wheel tune that I have used in the past before the V1.3.2.0 update. But even I do like it's robust and heavy feel, I still prefer Kuku's hybrid file - the Delta-S Evo (Primary scrub Plus).

Either way, like @Dean Ogurek my FFB feels fine too and I certainly hope that rest of the people here has also managed to fix their FFB problems with the launch parameter. :)

A little bit off-topic again (my apologies!) but I finally reached my ultimate goal which until today I thought would be impossible to do - to be the first person in the world to break the 5 minute barrier at Nordschleife with the McLaren MP4/12. :)

http://www.dropbox.com/s/0cq2f4emoo...hleife_tumi_world_record_03-01-22_2.png?raw=1

http://www.dropbox.com/s/u6mjb2tdm8...orld_record_03-01-22_sector_times_2.png?raw=1

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  18. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow tUMi's on a roll :) I see what you mean about the @Kuku Maddog 's hybrid rFuktor 4.6-5.0 Delta-S Evo Primary scrub Plus. The front end feeling is so amazing on corner entry, can initiate the slip with precision, this is getting sick guys!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

1ED3ED21-7F3E-48DD-8D6B-16D5BB7C649B.png

20. Gasngrip

Gasngrip Member