1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. AndreiC

AndreiC Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Spring is managed by the game and should be set at 0 in TM Panel
    Damper should not be used and also should be set at 0 in TM Panel. It is recommended to used the in game damper as it is more complex as it take into account other forces also.

How to setup Default+ ffb
    "Put all sliders to either 50 (middle) or 0. Pick your favourite car and a track with lots of variety like Oulton Park Classic.
    Adjust Gain until the overall "weight" of the FFB is as you like it. (The sliders menu can be accessed while you are out on track, so changes are felt immediately as soon as you "resume.")
    Adjust LFB until the cornering/car's weight shifting forces are balanced with the wheel self-centring forces.
    Adjust Damping until the right level of "springiness" is achieved (versus friction/resistance slowing the process of the wheel going to where it should go).
    Adjust FX so road surfaces, curbs, and so on are at the right level (not too harsh, but enough feedback that it feels natural)."

Default +
    Game : 80 gain, 15 Low Force Boost, 25 FX and 20 Damping(without boost)
    Game : 35 gain, 40 Low Force Boost, 15 FX and 20 Damping(with Boost enabled, use McLaren 720 GT3)
    Thrustmaster Panel : 100,100,100,0,0

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

FILE: rFuctor 5.0.1.3
    USED WITH: G920 12-26-22 (Updated for use with Ovals and new tires) 1433.2216
    IN GAME: 93/10/25/1 (Damper is Damper)
    ffb_custom_settings

Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I also got good results, maybe even better, by configuring it like this.

Lfb slider strength 0.25
    Centre Full 1.0

need to try out some other values when time allows, but it’s definitely helping reduce oscillation, though I still get some with higher downforce cars at high speed.
    I’m not sure what’s causing it, maybe something to do with downforce compression.
    But it’s weird that the higher you have damper in the non power steering 5.0.1 that you get stronger oscillation.

4. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the feedback.

I tried the above settings with the formula trainer @ brands hatch they did feel better for the most part but I'm struggling to feel lateral grip in cornering...I can't seem to be able to get that leaning on the tire feel and when the rear starts to slide I'm driving by sight and sound as there is very little ffb info leading up to the limit and when its been pass.
    More or less the tire details just feels greasy.

However those settings are a good starting point, thank you!

I'm also hearing mixed feedback in regards to default +...I like the feeling under braking as you can feel the load moving forward but I'm reading many are saying it adds some bouncy feeling to the ffb ?

Any suggestions for the default setting with boost enabled?

For the record your settings do feel good on the GT3 cars :)

I feel I'm going down the same old rabbit hole I did in PC1&2 in regards to the ffb....ya find a great ffb settings for a certain class...just to find you have to build a completely new profile for a different class
    Cheers

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Kuku Maddog When you get a moment, can you please share the file you’re using these days? Last I recall, it’s a hybrid between 4.6 and 5.1, but then it seems you’ve made a couple edits to help oscillations? Just wondering if you’d be willing to upload the file itself (sorry if this is already in your zip folder).

6. Kuku Maddog

I use rFuktor 5.0.1 in almost standard state of tune. it just a good steady but informative file that gels with so many cars without adjustments and has great weight to it.

and yeah it’s in my zip as that the easiest way for me rather than having a mess of files on my different devices.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Benzaah

Benzaah Member

Thanks

8. J.King

J.King New Member

Hi guys, i am totally new too this.
    i have a CSL DD

is there a possiblity someone could share there FFB settings ?
    in NOOB language.

i did read allot of pages back,But it's confusing for me
    i think because of all the different wheelbases.

i hope someone can help me with these info for the CSL DD

thanks allot

Jor

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Hi J.King and welcome to the AMS2 community.
    I'm a CSL DD (8nm kit) owner and first of all I recommend you to download (if no done yet) the Fanalab app and load the predefined AMS2 profile they have.
    If you don't like Fanalab, or you're not willing to run any apps in background while playing AMS2, you can just use this settings in your Fanatec Control Panel (go to the Tunning menu section and make sure to enable "Advanced Mode" so you can tune your wheel base settings):
    SEN Auto
    FFB 100
    FFS PEAK
    NDP 25%
    NFR OFF
    NIN OFF
    INT 4
    FEI 100
    FOR 100
    SPR 100
    DPR 100
    For further info, you can go to the recommended settings from Fanatec forum here.

Concerning FFB custom files, right now my favourites are these:

I like this one from @Karsten Hvidberg because I think is very rich overall, I specially love the scrub/wheel slip effect which brings a lot of inmersion in cars with less downforce like German group C, Mitsubishi Lancers, Porsche RSR, Copa Classic (Chevette, wow!), between others.
    Maybe the down part is the lack of strength/weight compared with some other files here, so my ingame settings are a little high for being a direct drive wheel.
    My in-game settings:
    Gain: 70 - 80
    Low Force Boost: 40
    FX: 40 - 50
    Damping: 0
    Menu Spring Strenght: (this setting just affect the wheel spring strenght in MENUS, it doesn't affect gameplay at all)

This one from @Alegunner68 is quite similar to Karsten's but it feels heavier which I like because it gives me more weight range to run between cars with less downforce and open wheelers for example.
    Here the wheel scrubbing / sliding effect is present but quite attenuated compared to the Karsten file which could be a problem for those who use bass shakers in their cocpits as the effect could be kind of buried by the other stronger vibrations.
    My in-game settings:
    Gain: 70 - 75
    Low Force Boost: 40
    FX: 40
    Damping: 10
    Finally, I remind you that we are talking in the world of subjectivity and what may be great for some, could be ridiculous for others.
    In my game configuration it's obvious that I like somewhat high effects, which might not be to your liking, so I recommend that you to follow a tutorial to get the ideal configuration for you.
    This video from Simracing 604 could be of great use to you in that regard.
    Well I hope this serves as an orientation to start enjoying this great game with such a great steering wheel. ;)

EDIT: some typos.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. J.King

J.King New Member

wauw amazing feedback and thanks allot for al this information i am going too check it all and i will let you know how it goes. ! great

• Like Like x 1
  11. J.King

J.King New Member

what abbout the menu spring strenght ? , no clue what that its.
    i followed your guide line and i think i am almost there !
    i went for the ALLERGUNNER86 VERSION !

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

It just adds some centering spring-force to hold the wheel while navigating the UI. Best kept low for use with DD.

13. JDean

JDean New Member

Hey J.King
    i use the Fanatec CSL DD 180 also with the Karsten Hvidberg FFB File (see in quote).
    My Wheelbase setting are a little bit different to some others. I like the FFB very crisp and sharp with hard details but smooth steering forces for long races. I lowered the "INT" in combination with "LINEAR" instead of Peak. (with peak i have to hard forces and a deadzone where i have no feeling for 2°)

With this ground Setup i can feel the curbs, the tyre grip and the hard braking for a better understanding what the car does. Testet it with Porsche GTE and oder cars in that kind of class

In Game
    Gain: 80-100
    LFB: 0-50
    FX: 50-80 (road effects and vibration)

Screenshot 2022-01-15 021106.png

I Use The Same Settings for the similar Platform Game Project Cars 2. In Game "RAW" FFB or the superb Hugo Vai FFB txt files.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hei Kuku
    Try this File

Attached Files:

15. J.King

J.King New Member

great feedback men ! will check that one aswell ! thanks allot yall

16. Kuku Maddog

great work, you have definitely spent some time testing all those different values.

the kerbs feel really good and the tyre feel is good.
    I’d need to tone down some bits for myself, but those that like strong details will like it,
    Did find it had a big variation in strength of feel between something like the F-USA and a GT3 of the limited testing I’ve done.
    Will play around with it tomorrow if I get a chance.

Well done

17. Danielkart

Thank you Kuku! Is with one dd1 tested. I tried to serve all the cars. Is a compromise. Kart file is also new
    In the game:
    Gain: 60
    FX: 30
    Low force boost: 0

Bye Daniel

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  18. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

This is a good find indeed, Kuku! Thanks for sharing it to us. :)

I performed an experiment with one of your hybrid files I've been using for some time now with my SC2 Sport wheelbase - the Delta-S Evo (Primary scrub Plus).

I did the exact same changes to it as you did with the 5.0.1 file and to my surprise these changes seems to be working really well with your hybrid file as well!

(lfb_slider_strength 1.0) #0.0-1.0. How steep lfb slider adjusts the curve.
    (center_full (blend (min 1 (* lfb_slider 2)) 0.25 0.5))

I can definitely feel the difference in a center area of the steering, it feels more tighter and direct than before the changes. After testing many hours on Nordschleife with the McLaren MP4/12 I think I will just keep the changes I've made to your hybrid file from now on as it feels excellent!

I have uploaded the edited file here in case someone wants to have a go with it. Or you can just download the original hybrid file from the link in Kuku's signature and look for the file from the archive and make the changes mentioned earlier if you prefer to do it yourself.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  19. Danielkart

Hi Kuku !
    Another small change for the file
    Bye Daniel

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kuku Maddog

Hi again Daniel

I had a bit of play and got it to where I like it, but its just some personal preference stuff and I haven't tested a wide variety of cars.

You certainly don't need my approval to be happy with what you have and to share it, in fact id suggest everyone that has a tune of a file they recommend for their wheel base to link it into their signature so people can find it easier.
    And if anything the one you should be directing your tuning ideas too is @Karsten Hvidberg ,as its his creation and I'm still very happy with it in almost stock form. ( Though I may adopt your Kerb feel values) and only need to find a solution for high speed oscillations without spoiling the awesome direct feel.
    but I m happy to put up with it if I have too.
    Keep up the good work, I'm enjoying spending less time fiddling and more time racing at the moment. :)

Attached Files: