1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Race Specific Setups

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by steelreserv, Dec 6, 2020.

1. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Great work! One of the few cars you have not done yet (if I am correct) is the Metalmoro MRX (p2). I find the default setup to be quite difficult, particulary when accelerating out of slow corners it is really easy to lose the rear end and/or get in a tankslapper. Thank you for your help!

• Like Like x 1
  2. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Updated for the patch 1.3 review

• Like Like x 1
  3. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

I'm still not seeing this switch from rates of 1 to 10 to NM anywhere in the game. Can someone walk me through it?

4. Paul Cohen

Paul Cohen Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gameplay settings I think it was, look for metric/imperial, it's right below that.

5. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

D'oh.......how did I miss that? Thanks, mate!

6. Jouni Korte

Jouni Korte New Member

Great work on the setups! One question though: I checked the M1 Procar setup and wanted to test it myself. On Drivetrain tab the "Power ramp" is set to 75 in the video, but when I tried to adjust it myself from the default 25, I don't seem to be able to change the value. The option is not greyed out but pressing the arrows does nothing. I have noticed some glitching in setup pages occasionally which gets fixed by changing tabs and moving mouse around, but this one just doesn't work for me. Do you know whether latest patch has changed the value not to be changeable, or am I missing something?

7. steelreserv

Some of the setups here may indeed be different due to more recent updates. It doesnt mean they are broken though.
    Even more recently, Im developing the default setups for Reiza now, but I havent gotten to all the cars yet.

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is good news!

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelreserv

Yeah, thanks. Im fired up.

• Like Like x 4
  10. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@steelreserv Do you go by feel or do you use telemetry tools?

11. Cully

Cully Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@steelreserv this is great news , i really enjoy your setups.

12. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

13. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Data, feel, RST, and specially, knowledge and experience :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. steelreserv

I get this question frequently, and I like to explain it by first describing what telem does. It collects data. Thats it. It doesn’t tell you what to change or by how much to make the perfect setup.
    Learning how to read that data and knowing what to change to test next is a matter of dedication. You have to want learn car mechanics and you have get out on track and do laps, changing one component or the next seeing how the car feels after a change and looking at the data to confirm. And do this over and over. Sometimes you miss. Sometimes you make the car feel great in the “problem” area but make it worse in another. Sometime I scrap hours of work, take a day and revisit.

Over time you can learn the behaviors of the car and start to build a “feel” so that you can isolate the component(s) to check and possibly change. Sure. But everything is confirmed by telem to be within acceptable ranges.

Neither terms “Feel” or by “telem” really encapsulate the process.

The truth is, nowadays, I prefer to let the true nature of the cars shine through but at the same time provide a degree of balanced drivability that suits what I believe allows a wide range of players flexibility in their own driving style or require just minor changes like camber or toe or a little diff for finishing touches track to track.

I know that the vast majority of players don’t use telem to evaluate the cars, but I also know there are some very smart/savvy telem users out there that will judge the setups not only by performance but by the data they collect. So if you are in the former category, rest assured the car will pass scrutiny by the latter. I use no tricks, no gimmicks. That would not and does not pass muster.
    Hopefully the cars feel natural to you straight out of the box, and if not hopefully you get an “aha, so that’s how you drive this car” moment at some point. That's the joy of sim racing and why we do this. At the end of the day, I hope every player actually forgets that there is a setup altogether, have confidence in the equipment to push without fear, so they can focus in what we all love.

The clean battle!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. steelreserv

I forgot to mention the appreciation I have for the support from all of you as well. It means a lot to me personally. It really keeps me going and keeps the love in my heart. I don’t take this opportunity lightly and I’m humbled by it. I just want everyone to have a great time racing and to let the real beauty and hard work by the Reiza team shine through.

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  16. CDRSeabee

CDRSeabee New Member

Not sure this is the place to post but, can we get more steering angle for the F1 cars mainly for Monaco hairpin. Watching some old on board footage, they easily make the turn. With max of 28 (I think max is 28) I can barely get around it in basically all the old F1 cars

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

If you can make the F-Classic Gen1(1986) cars drivable, I'd really rate you!

Just kidding about the rate thing, but congrats on the official role! Many cars need major default setup work. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Apex

Apex Active Member

I've noticed my tyres are really cooking when I'm driving the more modern open-wheelers. Anything from the F-Classics and onward.

Any clues?

19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are no tyre overheating problems with cars other than the F-USA Gen 2/3. Are you running an artificially low steering rotation?

• Like Like x 1
  20. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did some laps in the Corvette C8.R at Daytona yesterday and I think I loaded a setup but not entirely sure, tyres were set to 'automatic by weather'. The track was quite hot, over 50°C and after just a few corners tyres started to become orange and in the 2nd lap they were red.

So I went back to the pits, put soft slicks on manually, went out again and it was fine. My guess is that the game somehow gave me wet tyres, which overheat quickly on dry surfaces due to their much softer compound.

I don't know if this is of any help but it's worth checking the tyres in the pits.

Last edited: May 23, 2022