1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.1.1 & Racin´ USA Pt2 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.2.0

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, this gives me hope, when they go quiet its usually a good thing. Every time there has been a problem they've solved it or improved it within a month. I've got alot of faith in Reiza, although I do think the only thing that can hold them back is limitations with the core game engine, mind you thats the same for any sim, like Kunos struggling to get the Unreal engine to perform well without having to use a super top end computer

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Friendly reminder - Report bugs in the following thread:
    Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)
    For best chance of Reiza discovering and reproducing the bug, write one post per bug and in the format described in the first post of that thread (e.g. track and car used, specific steps needed to reproduce the bug…)
    :)

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. JAGLeMans

JAGLeMans Member

It cannot be overstated just how hugely important it is for Reiza & AMS2 to have a bigger social media presence. This is ‘free’ promotion to bring more eyes to the title, and ultimately, funds into Reiza’s bank account!

I’d go as far to say a full-time social media manager is more important than any new dev. Of course we’d like Reiza to have more hands on deck to release content quicker (I have no problem with speed on content drops BTW). But I’d be much happier if more sim racers and general car/motorsport fans where aware of AMS2.

There is so much content in AMS2 that I see people screaming for in the likes of GT & Forza. You may not see these titles as direct rivals. But there’s a hell of a lot of dedicated race fans on these titles who would be attracted to AMS2. So much in the PC sim world is either dedicated to single series, or requires mods to get the full experience. AMS2 is the ideal title for the GT/Forza player to step into.

They need to get the word out there. Multiple, daily, posts with pics/vids, on all major social media accounts. Greater links with content producers & influencers etc.

I don’t want to come across as heaping more pressure on the team. I just want their work to be appreciated by more. That may happen organically with the weight of content or a viral vid. But these things shouldn’t be left to chance.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe that a great marketing return would come from investing and updating the official website https://www.game-automobilista2.com/ and the steam store page Automobilista 2 on Steam as these might be the last touchpoints that potential players will see before they convert.

Social is an important channel for potential players to learn about ams2 and see the links to purchase, but I feel that Reiza already do the minimum there. Renato already often posts on Facebook and Twitter, usually around updates.

I believe that it is Reiza's youtube channel that is not being used to its full marketing capability. The trailer for Racin USA part 1 was great, and its a shame that new ones weren't made for part 2, or the whole game for inclusion in the steam store. More trailers and general content would be a good idea for the youtube channel.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The first thing they should do is get on Discord. Forums are fine for some things, but Discord is where people go to meet. Not having a Discord seems kind of ridiculous in the current times we live in. Why not use what's available to promote your product?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know. I prefer some distance, a hierarchy, but meanwhile the top has to know what the people in the lower piramide think, desire and longing for. Some interaction, but never forget the game is Reiza's passion. Listening is good, but don't stay afar from your ideals, passion and idea's. Becoming to friendly with each other, with every layer, will do no good in the long run. Well, perhaps drinking beer together and celebrating the awesomness, hehe.

7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a discord but im not sure if theyre ready to publicise it and have to moderate a large influx of users

8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah i agree with that, nowadays people dont always like to jump on the forums to ask stuff, report bugs, etc,etc

in a discord server it makes it more accessible for people to respond,ask and report.

9. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I always considered dicord even more scattered and hard to follow a discussion than a simple forum.
    Also, large threads with links and uploads in it get lost there quick under a pile of one liners and emotes.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 21
  10. MrTulip

MrTulip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm personally anti-chat, even though I build, host and use those in my daily work.

Chat requires constant attention and availability like nothing else out there. I don't think any of the devs, nor many of us users, would be willing to hang in there long term constantly reacting, or at least reading, every single message that goes around.

Instant messaging nature of it is the worst; it becomes a major time hog and interrupter of thinking and concentration very fast when anybody can demand your attention at any time. And if you keep yourself in busy mode, people still expect you to read through all of it later.

Chat is not suitable for broadcasting news or advertising broadly, as not that many people can follow unlimited amount of different channels in our lives constantly. It is a good tool for pinpointing things and for private workshops, and of course general chitchat without aim. But not for advertisement.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Roy Niessink

Well, a forum can be scattered and hard to follow as well, and can be difficult to look for a link and upload as well, fact is a lot of simdrivers are part of one or more discord servers, from a league/streamer/community, that would have more effect to the popularity of ams2 amongst simracers.

12. Roy Niessink

you can say the same about a forum imho, on a forum devs also dont respond to every message, and we can only guess if they read everything..lol

with discord they could make a news channel, which people could follow and have the posts show up automatically in their discord, making spreading the news easier.

13. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I feel like they are taking it slow on purpose and if so, I agree with the strategy. There is a lot of fantastic content but I almost think of it like a recipe you want to perfect before inviting guests over.

It won't be long now. Probably a few more patches to polish everything up a bit more, maybe they'll continue as-is until the release of historic Spa and Nurburgring?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know this is way off topic but I just had to post this in here for you guys... Think yesterday I found the perfect simracers car, do you reckon its DD? 271826325_1636596696679177_158111742696562984_n.jpg

• Funny Funny x 7
  15. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

As I m in a technical marketing company you can only promote up-to- date content in social media and not these „old stuff“ in AMS2. Stop - do not bash me I like the content very much but the simmers want to ride actual RL cars and tracks

16. JAGLeMans

JAGLeMans Member

I can only speak for myself but I find this forum almost impenetrable. Especially with so many sticky topics. So I end up just visiting a couple of threads.

For news & updates I find Twitter most useful. It’s basically a news aggregator these days. For more active discussion and instant feedback Discord is best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What "old stuff"?

• Like Like x 1
  18. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I'm not sure what you mean personally- all content is real or at least extremely close to their real counterpart (it doesnt take a genius to figure out what the Formula V12 at Azure is for instance)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Check all cars, the newest and running IRL is the 720S GT3 all the others are historic when it comes to times like these. Look also to the AC-polls in former times, only the newest cars won with distance. (I vote for the Ferrari 550 GTS no chance 10. place)

20. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Oh yeah, I can see what you mean there, even the planned V12 Vantage coming soon is well out of commission, although the GT3s are based on the Brazil endurance series so its possible that those use older chassis but that's a series I have 0 knowledge on so I'd have to do a fact-check