1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Roninho

Roninho New Member

Yeah since the update they are missing from the Gen2 class. I also posted it in the bug report.

2. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

Hi Bazza, can I ask what your settings are for the Vr cam now following the update?

3. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

I'm not in VR, but also couldn't play until completely removed the head movement, and I noticed a catch on those settings : now you have 2 different modes of head movement, the new one and the legacy one. But on the new one, to disable head movement you need to set it to 100 and not to 0 because it is related to filtering of the head movement motion and hence to have 0 head movement you need to filter 100% of it. If you use the Legacy mode then you need to set it to 0 because it refers to the amount of head movement. So, if you are on the new mode and set it to 0 you are not filtering the head movement and therefore you'll have full head movement. Just a thing to pay attention.

• Informative Informative x 10
  4. Yannik Haustein

Yannik Haustein New Member

Really well done, I'm enjoying the new update and content immensely! Huge CART fan here, so the 2000 season's cars are an awesome addition for me personally, as is Road America.
    Very cool to see Monza 91 come more alive as well with the added grandstand (and a ton of new advertising boards, I believe). Just needs the accurate main pit building to hit full immersion levels :)

5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You need to provide more details... what car and track were you using? F-USA cars are very bobbly to me. Also, are you hitting 90 fps or 11ms minimum on your headset? turn down graphics settings and number of cars until you hit these 2 minimum metrics so your eyes and brains line up/sync properly.

6. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Guys when I have auto clutch on, whenever I upshift in older cars, it doesn't automatically cut the throttle and it keeps revving while the clutch is in and it sounds weird. Do I have to release the throttle myself or is that just a bug? I saw that they did include an auto clutch change somewhere in the patch notes.

7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I guess that is the expected behaviour. You have to lift - the auto clutch just presses the clutch for you, lifting while gearing up is still up to you to do.

At least that is what I expect when I read "autoclutch on"

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

There is a Reynard 2ki Toyota in F1 US GEN3!

9. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

That's a bit strange. Haven't seen this in any other sim .

10. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 doesn't have an auto-blip assist like some other sims, so if the car doesn't come with an auto-blip built-in you must blip manually even with the auto-clutch assist.

11. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

iRacing is like that as well, as far as I remember. If you shift up in the Skip Barber while on full throttle, the revs will increase until the upshift is complete. But you can fix it there with the auto-blip setting in iRacing

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes agree here. This has already been raised and will be looked at in due time..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Autolift is intended with autoclutch on and this shouldn't happen. Provided that the car doesn't have it built-in such as GT3s etc in which case it's always there and you'll just get snappier shifts after this update than before. Could you specify which cars it happened in?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Do you have motion rig?

15. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

Some guys were asking for the IR-18 car well... Rf2 listened to you:D

• Like Like x 2
  16. Zoso

Zoso New Member

Anything I drove did this. Group C, GT3 etc. I will try to play with the movement settings again after work based on some of the comments here, but I played with the sliders quite a bit last night and ended up just not racing because it was making my eyes and stomach hurt. Before this update, VR was fine.

17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's try to eliminate a bit:

What are the aims?

Is it having your head attached to the car directly without any relative movement to the cockpit, or is it having your head free like a "chicken head/abrams tank cannon gimbal"?

Do you need impressions for G-Forces vertically/laterally/longitudinally at all?

18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

iracing has an option to autoblip also on cars which do not have it IRL

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Does the AI also account for that? In my experience, AI pace are the same in Qualy as in Race, without experiencing any engine wear, contrary to player's car. For example, the '98 indycars, even with turbo boost set at 90%, I can get near 30% engine wear in a 50 laps race, while the AI pace seems not affected at all from start to finish, with lap times comparable to their Qualy times at 100% boost, wich is impossible for the player to achieve.

Thanks!

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AI doesn't change boost over a race weekend yet. (Which is unfortunate of course, can't make any promises, when this will change *yet*)
    AI is affected by turbo boost setting related wear though, so when they drive at 100% they will fail pretty much similarly to yours.