1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah...i think also the gen2 still are.
    Things need more time to fix, than to find is the answer here. Like mentioned, it's on the map and isn't that easy to come by like it might seem.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any idea when the dedicated server gets updated with the layout of road america released with todays patch?

3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good, I can now finally go to sleep...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well phew! Very pleased to tell you that its not the case with new new F-Retro cars! Miles faster in the wet with wet tires, miles faster! Slicks, properly slippery, as you'd expect! So thats a relief! Im now thinking this might be down to and car with Hard tire compounds, so im now gunna test with GTE's as they have hards. Be back after another testing binge with results.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The road side barriers seem to be just visual at road america as I've driven through pretty much all of them and fallen off the track.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Thank you Reiza for the new Cart cars + Road America.
    The new LolaB Ford just fits to this track :p
    139439.jpg

7. CrimsonEminence

It's a bit more complicated than that. The slicks in the wet situation compared to wets needs an overhaul, that needs some dedicated care but the reasons, why it's acting weird are already known.

Yup, it's known and already worked on! Don't know when the next fix for that drops exactly, but looked into!

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

This was happening to me primarily in the older formula cars (except for the new retro gen.3).

9. Tarmac Terrorist

Agreed, because also if you hit certain kerbs at Spa or Road America doing nothing more than 10mph on slicks, your car will start spinning like a top, even sometimes at nearly stand still. Must be something to do with certain surface materials (im guessing). But glad to hear its a know issue, cause its a biggy, needs sorting before any new content I'd say. Anyway on a more positive note, happy to tell you that im wrong about all cars with hards. The GTE's I can report are much faster in the wet on wet tires than on any of the slick compounds, so, i've never been more happy to be wrong!:) Might have a test with the V8's next, then I need a rest.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Holy fecking moly mate, er, no I'll not be testing the V8's there any more, select hard tires and before you even drive, your wheel trys to break your wrist! SERIOUS ISSUE HERE DEVS!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

Right, just gone in again and selected hard tires, used mouse to hit drive and kept my hands well away from the wheel... Fecking Good Job I Did!!! Seriously FOR ANYONE WITH A POWERFUL WHEEL ESPECIALLY DD. THIS IS A WARNING!!! DO NOT TRY THIS COMBO! My entire rig and bits around the room vibrated. Gunna notify Renato ASAP!

12. CrimsonEminence

So you mean Super V8?

Could you please file a report into the bug reports thread with chosen track (can also matter for in-garage things) and steps to reproduce? Also hardware and FFB settings/profile if possible. Thanks!

13. Tarmac Terrorist

Im on it mate, already sent Renato a PM with a video link!

• Like Like x 1
  14. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

The very lifely FFB of AMS 2 is the reason why I limited the max torque on my DD.
    Otherwise during the early access period it would have broken my fingers, wrists and arms.
    Now the FFB is much more tame, but still I do not dare to rise the torque limit at the base when driving AMS 2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tarmac Terrorist

Yep, but you know to take your hands off the wheel in a crash situation. This is a bit more dangerous as no one will expect it, had issues with the FFB bugs in AMS2 before, but this is off the freaking charts!

16. Tarmac Terrorist

Right im posting the bug report and video here, folks need to know this!

Track: Road America
    Car: Super V8
    Conditions: Wet Track, Wet Weather, Hard tires!
    WARNING!!!DO NOT TRY THIS COMBO WITH YOUR HANDS ANTWHERE NEAR YOUR WHEEL (ESPECIALLY DD USERS). Just select hard tires and hit drive, but seriously keep your hands off the wheel. Just watch the video!!! (Does'nt even do it justice as webcam is too low FPS to show how fast this thing is actually going, NO JOKE!)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

It's the rear tire balooning bug having a comeback for some reason yeah. Forwarded it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Sure. Please note though that I like basically a "Lock to Horizon" view. I find any degree of head strapped to dash completely unrealistic.

Head Speed Shake :OFF
    Head Movement : 80
    Use Legacy Head Movement : NO
    G-Force Effect Lateral : 0
    G-Force Effect Long : 0
    Show Helmet : NO
    Helmet DOF : NO
    Helmet Look to Apex : 0
    Helmet Leaning : 0
    Camera Leaning : 0

The only difference between what we used to have and what we have now for me is the banking turns in VR which were broken and now fixed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

Yes, so limit the torque direct at the base itself, so it can never go above that max torque, no matter what the game sends.
    So even if the FFB goes wild, the torque will never be strong enough to hurt you.

Early access phase of AMS 2 teached me to do so, because if you left tarmac, the FFB went crazy and tried to kill you instantly. This behavior has been sorted out, but I will never trust AMS 2's FFB.

20. Tarmac Terrorist

Yes but its not sorted, is back, and this is'nt even a DD, its a Fanatec CSW with 8Nm of tourque, (strongest you can get before going DD) and the output gain of the software is only at about 25/30%. No one is gunna expect this, and will very much likely have the wheel set at Fanatecs recommended settings.