1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

It's always safer to run DD-wheel output at moderate levels. Most dd-wheels, even at 50% output, can be quite fast and violent. You are right in that when such events occur, the game ffb-gain level is not likely to influence the wheel output, it's the power going to the servo that matters most.

Extreme ffb events can occur with any title, not just from bugs but, when the USB signal gets interrupted, whether by process interference, priority focus changes, etc. I've seen it happen in various ways, including game crashes, in other titles, too.

It's one of the reasons such hardware comes with multiple warnings and disclaimers attached.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Is there any way for us mere mortals to know what's "on the map"? Its hard to know what to raise as an issue, what to check, use, expect etc in any given release. It must be frustrating to put such efort into videos, testing to report the issue only to find "its on the map".

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It means, that it will be fixed but it also means it might take a while because it's not an easy/quick thing.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Are you using motion rig?

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok update on this. (been testing with wheel strength turned down alot). So the exploding tires thing happens every time when selecting hard tires, but the wheel does'nt always go (but when it does watch the F out!). But mostly after the tires have popped, no matter what tires you change to, all FFB is gone, infact, go to another tradck/race/whatever. FFB is gone till you restart AMS2, go to another senario and its back, no probs. Also tried booting up a couple of other sims, and its fine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So few of my friends and I found the same problem with Road America. Car going straight through track wall, spinning in the air and never stopping. I posted it in bug report where i found others experiencing same problem.
    I hugely appreciate the constant and fantastic updates but has noone ever spun off road America in testing before publishing the update?

8. BazzaLB

No I am not.

9. BazzaLB

Timing is no issue, just wondered if it was possible to have an idea whats already known so we don't investigate / double report etc. All good.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Depends where. Most of the testers are high-skilled racers ;)

Joking aside, the "unusual" holes in the environment (sometimes in the ground, too) are a normal part of track building and get plugged in the weeks following release. It is not a surprise to find one or a few. You can help by reporting the exact location of this glitch so it gets on the list of holes to plug sooner than later.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As a thrustmaster wheel user....what exactly does this mean? is this for thrustmaster pedals or when the pedals are connected through a Thrustmaster wheel?
    or is this a typo where it should say thrustmaster pedal types instead of wheel?

I noticed at Daytona and Road America if you're going 2 wide in a group through a corner. The outside line will slow and the second car following on the outside when you pass or near it gets "scared" and basically stops till it clears or figures out what it should do next.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ooooh, a staff member now! I think OEZ is too, a few of you popping up as staff now, well done.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This "exploding tyres" bug has been around forever. It's probably just a mistake in the tyre model that results in divide by zero, which kicks the FFB so hard the FFB driver crashes until you restart the game. It used to happen a lot when you unpaused the game with a custom FFB, the tyres would "blow up" and go to minus infinity pressures.

• Informative Informative x 3
  14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Wait.. There are staff members?

15. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni Any chance of having same "smoothing" applied to the cockpit cam since now the helmet cam feels more normal? or give us the preference in the settings to apply same?

16. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

TRACKS
    • Monza: Added missing grandstands, ad boards / gantries; grounded floating poles at Lesmos in Monza 1991

The modern version still bland in terms of track advertising, license issues maybe?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Why aren't you one? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. pflynhi

pflynhi New Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure where to post this, but I found a hole in Road America wall down the back straight

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've just tried V8s with hard tires and it's completely normal for me. Have you tried deleting your setup folder?

20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

No,we stay mostley on track:D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1