1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Completely agree, it's OK to criticize a thing, but not a person. If pointing it to a person than this is something like a personal attack and that's not good if not really wanted. And I thing that was not your purpose.....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It's exactly this type of reply that leads to the conclusion that you don't get it.

Reiza isn't a big corporation. They are not doing brain surgery with people's lives on the line. They are just people trying to bring some joy into the world to a very small group of us who love sim racing. They are not getting rich doing it. I estimate that a higher proportion of revenues get ploughed back into the product compared to any other sim we know of now or in the past.

The leader of the organization personally communicates with us. He also directly contributes to the content of the game. He has made it abundantly clear over many messages over literally years now that they are a small team. That they do their best. That this is a longish-term passion project, not a corporate pump and dump.

Yet still you think it is a useful exercise to continuously nitpick a bunch of known issues that are in progress of being addressed...as though you have some superior sense of yourself as a result of being able to articulate them in a nicely presented list/diatribe.

The issues are all well known. The devs know about them before we do. There is only so much bandwidth to fix things and some issues (even seemingly simple ones) have to wait while other connected and preceding things get fixed first.

I know you actually understand all this...because you are an intelligent and articulate person. Just try deploying some empathy and comprehension of the bigger picture at play here. It will help you in other parts of your life, too. Demoralizing is not the same as criticism and criticism is not the same as critique.

• Winner x 19
    • Agree x 10
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Like the AI in formula cars, I hope that has seen some love in this update (or will see that in the future), because it gets a little tiresome to still (after several months of nothing changing) race against cars that seem to have half the brakes and double the acceleration that I do.

Sadly couldn't check that as of now, because I had to travel to another city a few hours before the update dropped and now am stuck there till next Wednesday. But the changelog doesn't point to anything changing in that regard.

4. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure what I dislike more here on the forum - blaming Reiza for delays at the end of each month or the after-the-update madness for "underdelivering again" after the update lands...

Seriously, it reminds me of "model clipping - unplayable" memes, but those are not memes but real people posting real, serious things...

We're living in memeland! o_O

Now, this wasn't the final game update. If something's clearly not right - it'll be addressed sooner or later. Things like missing collision wall can happen and go undetected in many software development scenarios. It's a part of release->bugfix cycle, nothing more. This isn't a medical equipment software or military that has to go through very strict testing regime as our life simply doesn't rely on it (I have doubts about that actually after reading some of the posts here). I'm sure a lot of bugs are posted when tested by the backers

If you're expecting perfection after every update release then you should have invested in Prozac supplies, not a simracing title.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Welcome to the RF2 forum,mate!:)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

So i have to have empathy, even after being treated like i dont matter cause theyve already got my money?...right..
    te post that was made, makes reiza look bad and like they dont care about their customers...without customers, you have no business. And yes, i am intelligent, a lot more so than given credit for, thats why i know my comment was perfectly placed.
    You cant be that high up in a company and tell people if you dont like it, bugger off. it makes it instantly sound like you or the company doesnt care about the consumer.

call me what you will, make all the jokes you like, i really dont care. im not angry, im just really dissapointed to see so little care given in two posts one after the other.

i know 90% of the forum members will just back reiza comments regardless, but sometimes you gotta see the wrong in things..

enjoy the forum, the enjoy the game.. i'll no longer advertise when i stream it, i will no longer recommend the game to people.. unless things change..

• Dislike x 16
    • Funny x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  7. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Okay, that's it...I'm switching allegiance to another game. Just kidding, this is my favorite racing sim by far...there's no competition out there in terms of visual, physics and FFB. With that said, please add more longer miles tracks similar to Monza (no chicane) and Le Mans.

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Repeating a known issue will not make it fixed faster. And i tell you that with knowing that i do this a lot aswell. It doesn't change anything and we know about it. AI calibration isn't an over-night process.

When we say, something is on the map or known, it's definetly not ignored. You have to be aware, that it can take significantly more time to fix something, than finding it even with the right tools and procedures at hand.

9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Sounds really like the RF2 forum,do it there.there it is appropriate.:)

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Renato, is there any chance that we can have in the game the 2022 Brazilian F4 car? That's the most modern Tatuus F4 car in the world currently. It would be a great addition for us, Formula drivers that enjoy the slower ones for better close racing . It would be perfectly placed between the Trainer and the F309, I believe.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Dicra

I remember you telling me a few months ago that this had something to do with rolling resistance and as it tends to be the same issue for most corners, I assumed it was a little easier to fix than it apparently is.

That said, there are things that bug you more and things that bug you less. I do not have a roadmap or list or, well, anything in order to know what Reiza's currently working on in the game, I don't know what's on the horizon and will be worked on in the near future, I do not know what is perceived as a "lesser issue" and is therefore pushed back.

So from my point of view, the only thing I can do is repeat those issues that make me actively turn off the game and hope that Reiza keeps them on the forefront of their mind. As I see it, the number of issues on this game far exceeds the number of issues that can realistically be fixed and as a developer, you've got to prioritize at some point.

So I try for my personal pet peeves to be seen as relevant and prevalent. It's also not as if I nag you with this every day, more like once every few months.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They issued a patch for that... Read up in the forum...

13. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, you absolutely can, my comment does not have anything do with Reiza because I have absolutely no idea what the thoughts and reasons for their comments are, but in my business if customers just go bluntly disrespectful to me or other people, and all they do is ranting just for the rant, I just offer them a refund, as this is the best for everyone. The customer does not deserve to be so sad and angry all day about a software program and I do not need to have to deal with it. So we part ways and we are both happy.

Now I do not (or did not) have the slightest idea if the above applies at all to you or not. But I just did a little research and watched the video of your today's stream, and after 2-3 minutes, I heard so much sarcasm and irony that really made me feel bad and didn't like watching anymore. I don't know how the rest of the stream went but I would expect to hear comments in a more respectful manner, no matter if you do like or not a game or parts of it. I admit I have never watched any other of your streams, so I do not know if that's your general style, or it was just a one off etc. So sorry in advance if I drew the wrong conclusions.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  14. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After my initial shock at the tire exploding FFB bug (which i now know how to avoid, and bet it will be patched soon anyway), ive been once again blown away by the good stuff thats come with this update!

One thing is how good all the cars are feeling! The Mini now feels so good after the inclusion of driveline elasticity, the power delivery has improved so much, especially hitting the crests at Cadwell, where the wheels used to spin up too quick as you came over the crest, now it unloads the power much more gradually.

Also there is something in the way all cars feel, especially when it comes to that window of on the edge/over the edge. The way the grip goes and comes back is so much better! I don't know, but if I took a guess I'd say maybe thats down to these two lines in the update notes "Revised wheel spin inertia for all cars" & "Actual timestep is now passing to FFB scripts". Either one of those, a combination of both, or im totally wrong and barking up the wrong tree!

I was also hoping for better FFB with the update, and i've got it! (agaian, think it might be down to one of the above).

The A.I. are making some damn impressive moves! They've come on brilliantly once again, the side by side action is just knock out stuff!

The clutch damage is an awsome feature!

The new camera settings have given me my best ever VR experience today, and I love them for other reasons to do with screen driving aswell. I know some folks have said they're over complicated but, once you learn how to use them they can absoloutely taylor to your needs!

F3's feel amazing!

And road Americas holes have been plugged already today! Brilliant!

Have discovered another bug though. So there is the hard tires issue (but i already know thanks to Crimson that thats already being looked at to sort) which goes hand in hand with the FFB bug (do be careful if you run into that one). Aside from that, discovered last night and today that sometimes you can go into a session with a car with ABS & Traction control (I always use "Authentic Assists" setting btw). However no matter what you've got it set to, its just off! You cant get it back by restarting the session and have to leave the track and reload to get it to work. Ive not made a bug report yet has its hard to pin down when its actually gunna occur, but from all I can think of today it may be when you've run a previous session in a car with no aids.

Anyway looking forward to exploring more, but seriously, with the new feel, camera and all of it, I litterally got out of my VR session today saying very loudly to myself "Fxck Me, thats just fecking awsome, Wow!"

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Rolling resistance for the straights, corner grip for the corners and other things that AI does to not go off track for example and many other things...it's a big combination of factors and is taking just lots of time.

Luckily AI issues are of course some of the higher priorities...it takes a truckload of time to solve them, though.

AMS2 development isn't even remotely over guys. Don't panic! :)

• Like Like x 5
  16. TimberWolf429

TimberWolf429 BANNED BANNED

@BCRCGAMING , your purchase of the game doesn’t entitle you to the behavior described above mate.[/QUOTE]

Now, as far as I'm aware, BCRCGAMING has been nothing but respectful, and has only been trying to bring concerns to the table. To say the quoted text in response to what he said, just comes across as if you are saying that the customer doesn't matter. Honestly I hope that this isn't the sentiment you truly have, as that would be seriously detrimental to the PR of Reiza. I get that the Negative Nancies out there are probably getting to your last nerves, but as a representative for your studio, you cannot let this show in the public forum, and you can't attack a supporter of your project, not if you really want to go far.

Please, don't take this in a negative light, this isn't me being a jerk, but constructive criticism. I really hope to see this sim improve, and succeed, as I do love the game. But as a warning, if this kind of attitude persists, I will have to remove my support, as I cannot support a company that doesn't support the people who buy their product.

• Agree x 5
    • Disagree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Creative x 1
  17. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Good to hear that.
    Are there any plans to improve controller support so that we have more responsive controls without input delay and better controller vibration like we have in AMS1?

18. Dicra

And I'm assuming this isn't done corner-specific for every car, but instead through global parameters which are notoriously hard to consistently match up to what the player's car does?

19. Dicra

I think this is more or less a misunderstanding. @Renato Simioni wanted to clarify that buying a product doesn't entitle you to purposefully get on the developer's nerves, and @BCRCGAMING wants respect for customers.

Both is correct in principle, and I'm sure that @BCRCGAMING would agree that this customer service can't be endless and at some point, complaints stop being valuable and start being uselessly obnoxious (line is not always easy to walk, speaking from my own experience). Sometimes, and I think that also happens, it's not easy to separate actual concerns from mean-spirited nitpicking, especially when you experience the latter on a regular basis, and the former is not actually grounded in much factual evidence.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member