1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

2. Eric Romain

Eric Romain New Member

Thx - Found it

3. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Lemme try with CSL loadcell on default and 50% right now. Will report back.

4. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Anyone knows when we will have a roadmap for 2022?

Man, this game. I've never been more in love with a game since Skyrim, some ten years ago. I really love the work and the dedication from these developers. I only wish this game would have more love from the... S I M R A C I N G C O M M U N I T Y... that these people could appreciate a nice videogame instead of complaining that it's not realistic enough or that it has no Ferraris, etc.
    And the fact that it's made by a Brazilian studio, my own country, only makes me proud of it.

Congratulations, Reiza. É nóis, caraio!

• Like Like x 26
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  5. GearNazi

Did two 5 lap stints @ Road America with 90% pressure(default) and 50% respectively.
    50 felt a lot more managable, though with a loadcell default is workable for me because of the ability to finely modulate the pressure on the pedal.
    But I'd say run 50. I remember this issue well from my t3pa-days, and the result is that you grow cautious in the braking zone, thus extending said braking zone beyond what it should be.
    It relies on muscle memory more than feel, and my laptimes suffered because I couldn't maximize braking.
    For reference I do a 1:58-ish on RA(in a race), not exactly shure about the track conditions, but just summer/mid-day/fair weather, for a ballpark reference.
    If you see half an opportunity, spring for that pedal set, you'll never look back.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. GearNazi

And now that we're here anyway... I feel a minor urge to post combos I believe should be tried at RA.
    In no particular order, and this had been mentioned recently, the Cadillac DPi. Haven't touched in a good long while, and with Reiza's ongoing tinkering I cannot fault this ride in any way. Used to be a bit of a handful, but man does this hit the spot! And that brings us to my second favourite prototype, the Ginetta g58.
    Not lastly because of available onboard footage(Jim Pace?), the RSR '74. It just works on a track like this. Amazing feel and sense of bumpiness that keeps you on your toes as this oldie inevitably washes out toward the curbing.
    The '83 F1 is growing on me as we speak, I'll waste lots of evenings with it I'm sure.

My year's end sim-rut is officially over! Let the year start in February, I don't care...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

+1 on both the G58 and the 1974 RSR. The Ginetta is driving like a dream. And just yesterday I took the RSR to the track for the first time in a while. Driving it with h-shifters and 3 pedals like the real thing is addicting!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

The perception of AMS2 is actually getting better, but there will always be people who don't like it, that's the same with all sims and will be the same probably for all time. People may have prejudices, maybe expectations weren't met or their pet bug wasn't fixed yet.

I know what I'm talking about. I've been around these communities for the past 9 or so years, and I just spent a good 20 minutes complaining about rF2 on Racedepartment, because I don't like that S397 publish lots of DLC without significant core upgrades or fixing long standing bugs, making single player races a chore.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hey guys is this intended?

LB.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

I was excited for this too as I drive exclusively in VR. It works great for Daytona and other flat tracks with banks however I have to switch back to legacy camera for any tracks with elevation changes.

I get a weird camera "step" every time I go up or down a hill. It's as if the camera tries to realign itself when driving up or down hills but does so abruptly. I couldn't complete a lap of the Nordschleife without starting to feel weird.

No amount of tweaking could resolve it so I've stuck to legacy head movement. I'm grateful Reiza didn't remove it.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mine did this before the update too. Its like your seat falls through the car and your head ends up in you stomach before snapping back to where it was supposed to be. Only happened to me in the 962 at that African track that starts with a K and Spa for some reason. Every other car I tried and every other track I tried it didn't seem to be a issue.

13. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

Done that but set world movement to zero and the filter to 99%. It’s better but still not as before. At least not on nordschleiffe. Pretty horrendous in some areas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Gave the Nordschleife a go after your reading post. I don't know why but it feels no different to me than it did before in terms of elevation change feel in VR. I find it perfectly fine but it may be because (as stated earlier) I set most head movement to 0 to try and emulate "lock to horizon" as much as possible. I am very happy with the changes as they are now. I avoided the banked tracks previously in VR and now they are a great. Hope there are settings / changes that can me made so we can all be happy but as it currently stands, I am happy. (fingers crossed any new tweaks to the operation / function doesn't change that :) )

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  15. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

Thanks for having a look. I'll keep fiddling.

I'm in the same boat as you, preferring minimal head movement and locked to horizon. Previously I ran world movement at 20, which kept the horizon locked except for big jolts. I don't know how some VR users don't lock to horizon. I'd be upchucking pretty quick.

I tried setting everything to zero but still got those weird "steps".

Perhaps I'll delete the settings file, go back to default and try again

16. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I run world movement at 50, legacy off and all the g-force effects at 0, and I'm perfectly happy with this and I usually play in VR.

I did note though that the helmet camera movement now applies to cockpit cam as well, so i had to turn off look to apex to stop this when i played in single screen.

17. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Nords gave me big issues with the new camera yesterday. Tried to fiddle around with all the options, but had to go back to legacy ultimately to somehow feel okay again.

Flat tracks are fine, but as someone already said, elevation changes are a big challenge for my mind aswell with new settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

The Look to Apex feature seems to function by anticipating the upcoming curve (Track layout) vs turning with steering. It feels very unnatural to me (Triples). Normally, I use some LTA with most titles.

19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If you are right about this then it sounds slightly more advanced than just being connected to the turning of wheel.
    I admit that I have never used this in any racing sim because pour moi it feels like going into the curve the front of the car suddenly turns AWAY from the curve - because the camera abrubtly turn INTO the curve.
    Sounds like I at least should test this feature now:)

20. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No that's not normal, Brakes are fine for me. Is there something in your settings that is not entirely right? The Retro Gen 3 cars have very good/sensitive brakes,and the rear wheels tent to block in low speed corners but with a small adjustment in balance namely 58/42 and the default setup they are well usable for me. I don't need to adjust the brake pressure.