1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can anyone please suggest a file for a Thrustmaster TX with ffb settings.

Currently using the latest rfuktor file and I enjoy so far but I would like a little more load feel under braking that the default plus gives if anyone of ffb gurus know which line to tweak that would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: wrong ffb thread

Cheers
    David

Last edited: Feb 6, 2022
  2. Kurupt CDN

I agree, I have a basic thrustmaster TX and struggling for a decent feel.
    I've tried all the suggestions posted here with several different opinions on what settings you should use.
    Still not sure until Reiza confirm
    Ex. Dampening and spring
    It was suggested not to use dampening as the game wasn't using it a yr and half ago....tho I thought they incorporated dampening in one the builds this past yr?

I've tried starting from zero and increasing one at a time but can't get a good overall base.

Default I find offers a decent start but I find braking load very flat.
    Default + I enjoy the load under braking and initial turn in but the amount of bouncy bumps and the amount of load under braking overpowers the grip and cornering feel as it just gets heavy than light.
    To me it feels disconnected from the road with canned bumps.

It would be nice to further tweak certain ffb in the default files via in-game sliders.
    Ex. Suspension, tire load
    The custom files are great help but if your like myself and have no idea how to create/tweak them, you are at the mercy of others and searching till you find one that suits your driving style/preferences.

The key feedback I need is load under braking with a sense grip/locking up
    Turn in feel of the outside suspension compressing and setting, lateral load on the tire that builds so I can sense the tire reaching its peak and starting to slide(rfuktor is great for this) default just gets heavy than goes light like an on/off switch.
    And a good sense of oversteer and the car feeling planted...this one I really struggle with on default+ as I'm constantly slip/sliding and bouncing around.

Right now I'm just not confident in pushing the car cause in missing the details listed above.

Really starting to wonder if it's just issues with the thrustmaster profiles as it's been know to have issues or disable curtain effects in the TM Profile for games.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Very nicely put, I also believe that it should be the Custom with dd wheels. For me it is a fact that the defaults is very bad with dd1. For belt wheels that might be very good. I think dd owners really appreciate the variety and intricacies of the Custom. Yes, it's a pity that the default cannot be adjusted. Very modest only in the Game gain, lfb, fx and damping. That should improve Reiza

4. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I think they are looking for
    brake_feel
    rear_grip_loss_feel
    or try the file on page 218 Custom ffb thread Danielkart

• Like Like x 1
  5. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been happy with the Default+ with my TS-XW after a good experience with rFuktor 4.6. Main reason I switched was trying to eliminate any overhead that could cause stutters. I'm using the following settings with 75/100/100/100/100 in TM Control Panel and no boost:

Gain 55
    LFB 20
    FX 45
    Damping 25
    Menu Spring 40

It's a little under damped but it's the best compromise I could find for a lighter wheel and plenty of detail.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Same wheel here, having a decent feel in AMS2 ever since.
    Remembering FFB feelings and expectations varies in extremis. What is good to me could not be so good for another and vice versa.
    Agree with some points.
    (1) TM Control Panel: Spring and damper 0, something or 100? Boost, yes or no? If we fix Spring & Damper setting as qualitative (yes or no) we will have 2^3 = 8 possibilities to compare. I wouldn't do such a systematic approach, so I ended up noting that Spring & Damper mainly contribution is to reduce overall effects while Boost works as promised. So my settings are "Default" except for Spring and Damper both zeroed plus Boost on. This setting will impact heavily on user profile Default, Default+ or Custom.
    (2) Basicaly we agree about Defalt and Default+ profiles.
    (3) There are a lot of good Custom files that feels good to me. And yes, there are too many different responses too. I visited ALL but it demands a lot of testing to setting up the slides and if you notice that there are 4 slides varying from 0-100, and even reducing them to 5 levels (0-25-50-75-100) you will get 4^5 ops 5^4 = 625 combinations (8x625 = 5000 in total). Too much for anyone to test and we are not yet speaking about tweaking any Custom file...
    (4) I've began using Custom since rFuktor 4.3 only to find that any Custom is better than the standards (again, for my taste). I'm very gratefull to ALL involved.

If you want to know, I'm using the last tUMi file, where I only changed dt to 0.001 (from my own testings).
    Ingame: Gain 100, LFB 0, TX 20, Damping 40

PS: I don't have any knowledge to modify a Custom file.
    PS2: Going to revisit Danielkart file soon

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Your in Game setting on sliders and default+ are very close to what I use on my TSPC wheel that is same design than yours so makes lot of sense

8. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Thanks

don’t get me wrong if I want deeper FFB I go the Custom file and tweaking route

What I am asking Reiza is like we have for Gain a key bidding so they could add for LFB and damping maybe FX too so I can adjust on the fly on track
    What PC2 does or AC with in Game app provides with sliders you can alter while driving

9. Kurupt CDN

Some people seem to disagree with my following suggestions...not sure why, as many seem to be seeking an all round ffb profile

I think being able to map the 3 other effects would be great.....BUT without being able to save all those effects to per car...your constantly adjusting settings when you switch cars...if they added those 3 settings to the tuning menu with ffb gain it would be great.
    Save Per car ffb settings :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Hi guys. Anyone can tell me how can I avoid the steering wheel bouncing at 0 km/h speed with no FFB changes during normal driving? I've tried to put 70 % of static force reduction of my SimuCUBE SC2 Pro (top max) but with no changes in it. Thank you.

11. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I think it works if you reduce the Low Force Boost to 10.

• Like Like x 1
  12. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

I have it at 1. :D

13. Mystikal

Mystikal New Member

I have the same issue with my CSL DD! My previous Logitech G27 didn't had this issue.

• Like Like x 1
  14. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

So, we need to go to Custom FFB thread, don't we? :D

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

How much Friction and / or Damping are you using in TrueDrive?

I get no oscillation whatsoever but, use some of both effects with Default and custom ffb modes.

16. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Damping 3 % and friction 0 %. I don't want increase more these parameters if it's possible... :D

17. Sim Driven

Sim Driven New Member

The problem with the FFB is all the other sims! I use ---- rFuktor 5.0.1.3 ---- which if I play AMS2 for quite awhile feels great good fun, way better than default/default+, however if you then play say raceroom for awhile and come back to AMS2 you then realize actually how bad the FFB is using a DD1 in this game! I really want to stick with this game but the notchy knocking feel, the horrendous brake jolting and the what seems to be a massive deadzone is a real disappointment. I dont use any of the fanatec settings on any sims, NDP,NFR or NIN as I feel these will be applied in conjunction with what the game sends and frankly not needed, Raceroom has far superior FFB and even boring lets race a GT3 ACC has better FFB, but they both lack the single player enjoyment I think I could get out of AMS2! So lets put it to the side for awhile again maybe wait for another update or 2 to pass then give it another run or If anyone has miracle cure please let me know!

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  18. Dean Ogurek

Then I think you may have a hard time solving the oscillation issue.

Damping and Friction have been staples of every DD-wheel I've used, none have felt even remotely real without them. Just for reference, I typically use 12-22% Damping / 10-15% Friction - depending on the title played. Drifting use may warrant lower settings for greater response.

AMS2 ffb is designed to use the in-game Damping (50% as a starting point). The ffb will not feel good without it, imo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dean Ogurek

It sounds like you need to apply more LFB and Damping (either in-game or direct to servo) because, I have none of what you describe in ffb. Set both to 50% in-game and see if that helps.

20. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

In game I have all at 0 unless low force effects at 1. I'll try to put damping at 50 in game but always that I put damping in games, generally I really feel like artifitial feeling... But thank you for the explanation. I'll say how I feel with the modifications you said.