1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The worries about the games state belong into this thread, the war talk belongs here.

But it's true, that you guys shouldn't get that nervous about the releases at each months end to that chaotic magnitude. It's highly appreciated that there is so much excitement, but let's always (also under normal circumstances/conditions) try to aim for the "when it's done" mindset at the end of the day.
    Eventually it will be done. :)

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

"Yes... so it's better if Reiza just close this forum, because they really don't need us to talk about their work":rolleyes:

"Let them decide"... yes, it's their decision, what counts about hearing us and do what people suggest, if must. But you can do what preach and delete your account in this forum.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some of the blame falls on Reiza though honestly. You can't continually say things and continue to deliver late and not expect blowback. They need to manage expectations better and the latest tweet is the same thing. It's not like I am saying that I expected something this week because I didn't, but when Reiza themselves put out a tweet like this, then yes I do expect you to meet a deadline you imposed. This was Monday. We're now at Sunday and neither of those deliverables have been met. Why not just say "In the next couple weeks"?? What would have been the harm? Under promise and over deliver.
    reiza.png

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

In fairness, Sunday isn't over....barley started in some parts of the world.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair enough, however my point is that had they set expectations differently and said "a few weeks" and delivered it tomorrow it is a better look than saying "later in the week" and literally delivering at the 12th hour. Nothing has changed in the actual release, but you've managed expectations far better. Now all day tomorrow you have a carload of kids saying "are we there yet? are we there yet?"

I'm not trying to complain, I am merely making a suggestion to manage expectations better. I don't think it's unfair to say they have done a weak job of that. Even in the beta you'll often see "beta 1.2.33.1 live, changelog coming shortly"...
    ...3 days later \_(``,)_/

• Agree Agree x 14
  6. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

AMS2 is one whole year behind schedule, we already know that for a while. So what's the matter right now. Weeks of further delay really don't matter anymore.

Just consider ASM2 the Daikatana of racing sims.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For a comparatively small developer comprised of remote workers, some of whom are located in some very dangerous places in the world right now, I think it's pretty amazing they have achieved what they have! I'm happy to cut them a bit of slack right now, which is what they have asked for, understandably IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I agree Reiza should under promise and deliver what they can, i've mentioned before imo they shouldn't say anything or like you said say "coming soon" and not put a time/date on it. Maybe its a difference in culture to what we do here in Australia but if i say i'm doing something on Sunday then by Tuesday it still isn't done i'm going to have a whole heap of blowback from expecting people.

• Agree Agree x 11
  9. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

And still the best sim out there!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Most of the world is a year "behind schedule", if not two. We AMS2 aficionados are facing a supply-chain issue of another sort.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah you are completely right.
    If it wasnt because of this war thing then Reiza has allways fulfilled their promises pretty punctually.
    Until now you have allways been able to count on them.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

You're right - Reiza set themselves a deadline and may not meet it. But maybe cut them some slack. Unprecedented difficulties - as you know. What do you hope to achieve by calling this out? Your comments won't make these things come any faster.This is not the right time to complain about missed deadlines - even self imposed ones.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah you are totally right, and this is not the first time this happened, the last couple months this happened several times, ofcourse the situation is slightly different now, but its happened before....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys. There's war going on. Some people directly affected. Imagine what that does with the cohesion and harmony in the team. Get a grip, guys.

Imagine yourself being a head of a company. You have workers all over the global, and a fricking war breaks out, thus the chain gets interrrupted and the company has to make it so their workers in affected country are safe, and then resume slowly the chain again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

I guess I’m the only one whom is just playing the game and likes when there is an update coming. Whether this is today, tomorrow or after 2 weeks. I really do not see any problems if it is delayed whatever the reason is. I just have fun with the current version, it is good playable. Perhaps there are some bugs but not bad enough to annoy me. A lot will not agree but that is ok. :D

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Iosu

Iosu Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't write much in this forum, but I think people should understand the situation.
    The development is going slower than expected or they are not fulfilling the release dates they promise?
    Ok, some of the guys from the Studio had Covid, now it seems that some of the developers are from Ukrainia and Russia. You could have the same situation in your job when you give your boss a deadline and you can't achieve it because your father gets ill. You don't want anybody saying you haven't achieve the target in that situation.

We are living in a world where we are always thinking what we don't have even when we have a lot of things that we are not using. I think you can play Ams2 for hours with the content already released.

To me, Reiza is a studio that involves users in the development and they release items people have asked for.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Gagaryn

Yup - there have been delays with updates and now there are more delays. You know why. What do you hope to achieve by constantly restating this? It won't speed things up. I get that you are disappointed but you really need to learn to live with the situation.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Roy Niessink

Well, clearly you missed my point, i was talking about the dates/timeframes mentioned by Reiza, nothing more, nothing less, it was a response to what @GodzillaGTR mentioned.

i hope this is nothing personal from you towards me, since thats not allowed here.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Gagaryn

Look again...

20. Roy Niessink

Sorry, i missed that one, my bad.

• Friendly Friendly x 1