1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 7, 2022.

1. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Reiza! Really enjoying the update. Cars feel better, bug fixes and improvements, nice.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

He could be old skool and have it on pen and paper :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I like the addition of mirror adjustment. I was really missing it. Pitty own car is not reflected but that's a minor detail.
    I do wish though the function could be mapped to buttons. Would be good especially if there's no quali or practice on the session.
    But hey, I'm still loving the fact we can adjust them. :)

4. Rober

Rober Member

Nah nothing like science, I retested and no sound, not that is that important, the track is great!

5. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there an expectation for a person to hear a passing train whilst driving in a racing car? Wouldn't there be earplugs and a roaring racing engine with a straight piped exhaust? I don't get why this is even an issue.

I mean, sure it would be more realistic. But do we even have crowd noise? How is the train engine noise a priority? I mean there's got to be birds in them trees. Why aren't we hearing them singing? More loudly when its spring, and very quiet when it winter. How about bees? If I stop the car, find a flower - why isn't there a bee and accompanying sound effects? Sounds like someone is trying to make smth out of nothing.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

F1 drivers have often said they can hear the crowd cheering above the engine noise as they drive past, I'd be in favour of that at some point in the future.

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I don't think anyone even cares if the train makes a sound - even the people complaining about it! It's just complaining for complaining's sake.

I hope so anyway. People can't really be disappointed with that, can they?

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
  8. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Only ones I hear complaining about it are you and Dolph. The others were just discussing it. You guys need a break, you are getting too aggressive towards certain individuals that have differing opinions than your own.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Torsten Krämer

Torsten Krämer New Member AMS2 Club Member

Clipping comes far too soon with the Lolas. Reynard is good.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

The diesel-electric engine in the train isn't fully simulated, game is TOTALLY unplayable! Going back to COD guys!

I was pleasantly surprised with the FUSA Gen 1 cars! They are pretty loose and you have to almost thread the needle when pushing in the cars. Even with a 120hp drop in power, these cars push pretty hard. They remind me of the old IDT mod for rF1 from YEARS ago!

Looking forward to driving them more!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

No thanks, I like it here. You're happy to leave for a while though if you like. Take your mate. maybe when you come back you will be happier with the train. :)

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Your default ingame gain is likely too high then. The Lola isn't clipping under its normal range of steering base forces while Reynard is a bit too lightweight right now. (Let's take CSW 2.5 at 70 main gain setting with 15 LFB as example).

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't suppose anyone knows if the time issue with custom championships has been fixed? When you create one you can set the session times and when you do the first race it might use those times set but after that all sessions default to the race time you selected rather than the session times you setup.

14. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Does this mean that this is planned to change in a future release or is this expected and we are expected to compensate in game car FFB settings instead?

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This is expected to change very likely! The Reynard runs very high caster (all of them do) and is part of a class, that is known for steering on the heavier side, so for consistencies sake, of course the Lola is more representative right now and Reynard should be more like it! :)

We had extreme clipping of F-USA gen1 in beta phase so FFB ranges were adjusted, but it was a bit overshot for Reynard it seems, which explains the discrepancy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Screw you, I like my choo choo's and I want them to have a good hooter.

I'm joking obviously, but I would like the train to have sounds if it's easy to do.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Let Reiza fix the audio pops and clicks before we start getting novelty audio please. But yeah I'm all for ambience sounds from trains, planes, birds and even the odd gasp or cheer from the crowd.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Hey man, so I get to mess around with the new ICM today and very disappointed. All I want is developers to fix the strategies created so that it is not out of order because we're using to macro to fetch the strategy with voice command. Look what happened once I created this list:
    [​IMG]
    Once you're in the game and fiddling with the ICM menu...it disposition the strategies you created. #1 F. Suspension should stay at the top of the list, not jump to the bottom. When I first created it, it was at the top of list, now it's at the bottom. C'mon man, why can't you fix this. Not only is #1 F. Suspension out of order, it now doesn't list as front suspension for repair either when I checked it. It's just completely useless for macro and binding control.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With the old ICM menu the order changed when you edited a strategy.
    I am a bit disappointed about the new ICM, so I stopped yesterday, I will check today if that still is the case
    And to the dev's please make the ICM open in a default position at least. or make the strategies key assignable.
    EDIT: Yep the order of the strategies is changed even without editing

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  20. stlutz

stlutz Active Member

Perhaps the train can have an occasional derailment? Would add a bit of spice to come roaring into the kink and there's a locomotive in the middle of the race track.

• Funny Funny x 3