1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Oh my God, YES! Has it even ever appeared in a sim before?

2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Is it considered heresy to ask for the now much delayed Dev Update tat was due on Tuesday?

3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Well, unless you want to engage in an exercise of frustration, it seems like a pointless pursuit asking such questions. All that will happen is you will get the usual brigade posting 10 times more posts than you did telling you how bad it is to ask such questions on this forum and at the end of the day, even if you are told when it is coming.. its pretty meaningless anyway. Sure, simple question, completely reasonable, but on this forum.. pointless and frustrating

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dev update: it's done when it's done.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I think so, I posted in the early days asking for that and the fan car (was well happy when that dropped), I remember some guys saying it had been in another game but there were issues with who owned the license, one did do some research and found what he thought was the license owner.

6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Dev update was put on hold as I’ve had my hands full sorting out some urgent needs for our devs - I still plan to deliver one this month, but I’ll avoid making any commitments while there are other priorities to sort out.

To be perfectly clear folks, the dev updates are never “due” at any time - I understand people have built the habit of expecting them because we have made the habit of keeping our users regularly informed of what we are working on, and especially in this case you already know I’d written one so it’s perfectly reasonable to ask for a follow-up on it - but I’d hope people don’t start seeing it as another thing that is owed to them because that is really not what drives me to write them.

• Like x 33
    • Friendly x 12
    • Informative x 6
    • Winner x 2
    • Creative x 2
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure it's difficult to plan anything when some of your staff are affected by the war. Safety first and we still have the game to enjoy. I hope (and I'm sure others too) that you'll all stay safe and things will be sorted easily.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help with this as perhaps there's an expertise amongst our userbase to advise and help.

All best to Renato and the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Renato. Just a note like the above to say 'been delayed until further notice' is perfect and really appreciated :)

9. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

All the best to your dev team members!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I guess sim developers need to come up with plans for releasing updates during war time now!

11. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

They are something we, as fans of your game, heavily look forward to. It's not so much about them being "owed" (because I can't remember them featuring in the Steam description), but it's the fact that, when you announce one of these little bags full of juicy information to be almost done, we can't help but get excited.

If nothing turns up despite said announcement (at least for some time), it's hard to not feel disappointed, because we've built up anticipation/excitement for whatever might come our way next.

You of course know where the game is going to go next, we don't. These dev updates are always a very nice treat to read because they give us something to look forward to, they also build up anticipation for the next update and make us feel like we're part of the journey of developing AMS2.

You don't owe us, but they have been a part of the AMS2 experience and it's a little bit of a pity whenever that part doesn't materialize for some time despite it seeming like it would. We're also not a part of the internal processes that cause this, so it's hard to get a feel for the scale of these.

TL;DR: People care about your game and about you've got to say pertaining to the direction it's gonna go in. That's not so much about feeling entitled as it's about being passionate for what is, in its heart, an entire racing game franchise born of passion.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Sometimes, and this is definitely one of those times, I feel a little quiet gratitude for our situation and a little quiet empathy for the situations of others might not be amiss.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  13. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Passion and obsession, two side of the same coin.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Stalking - the most sincere form of flattery. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I think the phrase is: "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".
    Stalking is merely an offence.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Yup. This is the only forum I am on for any of the 500+ games I have. I am here because I adore this sim and wanted to follow its development.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

So is the Racing USA pack all completed then? I thought we were still waiting for Part 3 with more tracks, hopefully including Sebring. Am I mistaken?

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Part 3 is still to come!

• Like Like x 1
  19. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Thanks for the confirmation on this. Here’s hoping anyways…

20. Marc Bolger

Marc Bolger New Member

How did you remove the helmet overlay that restricts our view in VR modes? I use my TrackIRv5 and I really like it. I'd like to remove the inside of my helmet view and just be able to turn my head without having to look through that like all my other sims. You said you removed the helmet overlay? And you use TrackiR?