1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. hotak

hotak New Member AMS2 Club Member

Is Default just pure rack?
    I made a pure rack custom FFB for pCars2 and i could port it to AMS2 changing a pair of things, but i'm not sure about what to do with Mx, My forces, since - according to pCars guides - you had to change its sign in the custom FFB file and I'm not sure if that's changed in AMS2.

EDIT: attached the custom FFB file in case someone is interested, most of it is copy-paste from Christiaan's Pure FFB with some changes. To make it work with AMS2 you have to remove any reference to pcars FFB settings that are not present in AMS2 (i think it's just volume, just put there a 1 instead)

EDIT2: don't try this on a DD wheelbase with just my suggested edit: it will oscillate badly

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
  2. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is there a recommended TD profile for simucube 2 Pro at the moment?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

It very much depends on the AMS2 ffb profile used. If using Default / Default+ vs Custom / Custom with Power Steering, etc.

If using Default / Default+, try turning servo Damping to zero, you may still want some friction, though. Run AMS2 ffb-Damping at about 50% and adjust up or down for good wheel response.

Refer to my current settings (see image) as examples of either approach. Default Plus is for either Default FFB setting / Custom depends on Power-Steering enabled (vs) Damping enabled versions.

If custom files have Damping enabled, the Damping at the servo can also be at zero / off.
    For Power-Steering versions, I run Servo Damping at about 15% (Friction 10-15%, in any case).

Please keep in mind, the subjective nature, WIP and fluid nature of ffb development and testing, especially with custom ffb-profiles. Your mileage may vary. ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. ayrtonforever

ayrtonforever Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So where I see damping 5 in your picture I would use 0 with default+, right? Why 1280 degrees instead of simply 900? And what about gain and xf in ams2?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  5. Dean Ogurek

I recall seeing 1280 being mentioned elsewhere and it works fine, not sure if offers an advantage or not.

AMS2 ffb ingame.jpg

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  6. Marcos Gil

Marcos Gil Member AMS2 Club Member

What are the recommended settings for the G923? Can anybody help me?

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

So much has changed in AMS2 FFB that im totally lost as to how to get the old great FFB back :( Nothing i do feels good any more. I wish i could get back to v1 days for FFB.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dean Ogurek

Custom files should get your ffb closer to how it used to be. There are a lot of custom versions, of course but, start with the more recent ones and watch for user feedback (using same hardware as you).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Yeah but there are so many files thrown in this topic, I can’t see the trees for the wood..

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Dean Ogurek

Generally, the latest versions take recent changes by Reiza into account so, it makes sense to start there, imo. That does not mean older versions won't work well, though. If there are good reports from others with the same hardware you use, that's another clue.

In some cases, there may be a "pack" with custom files optimized based on wheel type (geared / Belt / Direct-drive). Those could be another good file to try.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

Yes I understand but it is hard to find the latest workable file between all the posts here. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

I have a CSL Elite (although different than the CSW, it is a belt drive Fanatec).
    I run with Default+ :
    Gain: 58
    LFB: 5
    FX: 15
    Dampen: 40

In my opinion, the FFB has never felt better.
    Also, make sure to update to the latest Fanatec driver.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Dean Ogurek

Huh? Go to the Custom ffb thread / latest post, and scroll backwards to most recent post with custom-ffb file attached. I do this often to test new versions.

Alternatively, go directly to post #2 (in custom-ffb thread) for popular versions / multi-hardware packs) or, search & filter using your wheel version. I realize it can take some time but, if it gets you improved ffb, it's probably worth it. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I previously felt the same way about AMS2: I just could not get the FFB on my G25 to my liking despite fiddling with FFB settings, testing various custom files, etc. After a while, I simply uninstalled AMS2, forgot about it, and drove Assetto Corsa (heavily modded) exclusively for several months.

After I had reached the point that I had totally expunged my earlier, muddled judgments regarding AMS2 FFB and/or physics, I recently reinstalled AMS2--and didn't touch a single setting on the Default+ FFB profile. [Edit: Subsequent to this post, I added 20 to Dampening; i.e., changed from 75/50/50/0 to 72/20/30/0.]

The result? AMS2 has utterly eclipsed my desire to play Assetto Corsa, save for the future possibility of wanting to experience certain car/track options unavailable elsewhere (e.g., DRM Revival's Porsche 935 or Goodwood).

Assetto Corsa will always be a special title in my mind, but AMS2 just does everything better. And Reiza's record of product development is unmatched. A new king sits atop the throne.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Rando1

Rando1 New Member

Is 75/50/50/10 the default setting?

16. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Whoops ... subsequent to my original post, I added 20 to Dampening. I edited the above post to reflect that change. Should clear up any confusion--unless the game automatically imports different default FFB settings to different wheels it recognizes. For my G25, the Default+ sliders at install were 75/50/50/0.

Update: My current Default+ FFB settings with my G25 are 72/20/30/0, which were recommended to me by CrimsonEminence (FWIW, he suggested that dampening could be set from 0 to 10 with these settings). I'm entirely happy with 72/20/30/0 and haven't fiddled with AMS2 FFB since (confirmed with V 1.4).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Flying_Hawkic

Flying_Hawkic Member

I have a T300RS wheel and I'm pretty satisfied with the default+ FFB. I didn't know that flatspotting is also simulated? I tried the Super V8 and I had a massive lockup on cold tires and I noticed some kind of rumble in the wheel. In the next session, the rumble was gone, so I suppose that you can actually feel the results of flatspotting? I didn't know, but that's great :).

18. Maro_Marinov

Maro_Marinov New Member

Hello,
    Since the last update I'm having vibration in the wheel while driving straight.
    The higher the speed, the stronger the vibration.
    It's different from car to car, it's most pronounced in GT cars which have the engine in front and is least noticeable in most open wheel cars.
    I have an 8nm Fanatec CSL DD and I'm using the recommended settings from the Fanatec forum: Automobilista 2 (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings
    The AMS2 profile is Default+

Any idea what can be causing this?
    I've been using the mentioned settings and hardware for quite sometime now and up until recently didn't have those vibrations.

Thanks in advance!

19. Dean Ogurek

It may be related to the Tire Carcass development. You can confirm by noting which cars and comparing to the cars listed in the last update. In that case, we need to wait for further adjustments to be made in FFB.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

In the OP, Renato is recommending to put 40-50 % in game gain. I'm using a SimuCube SC2 Pro wheel and I have it at 40 %. Proportioned to this gain, what FX value should put I? At 0 % I miss some effects in kerbs and at 100 % maybe it's exagerate... So I would like to know your opinion or Renato's opinion as well.