1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I’m sure there’s a heap of people that must delete the shock absorbers out of there real life car and just run on springs only, because that’s effectively what so many choose to do with there ffb . ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

When I was new to FFB-wheels, I didn't know any better either. I just had no idea what "right" really felt like and how good it can be.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dean Ogurek

AMS2 ffb really is quite different in how these effects are applied so, please give them a try and don't be afraid to explore the full range, you may be surprised. ;)

LFB can be very useful to tighten up looseness around center and remove some harshness in effects. I suggest increasing that until the effects seem less dis-jointed, then increase Damping while paying attention to steering response (Speed of the wheel). If the steering feels a bit laggy, you have too much damping applied.

• Like Like x 1
  4. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Yeah that is just I wanted to mean, about the "speed of the wheel", I was feeling the steering response very laggy. So, I've just tried your modifications and then the OP values for Fanatec DD1 and now I like it more (maybe due from I put LFB only at 1?) :D, especially with the OP values. So, I like now the feeling with the no power assisted cars. The problem is more with the power assisted cars (especially at slow chicanes), so with these cars I still continue with all at 0 (damping, friction and inertia). I think that power steering avoid in majority these effects...

P.S.: Now I'll try to increase LFB step by step until I feel laggy response again. Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  5. omegaman

omegaman New Member

Is there anyone with a T500RS, who will share their settings?

Mine are:
    Gain 70
    LFB 30
    FX 30
    Damping 30
    Menu Spring 40

Settings in the Thrustmaster driver are 60/100/100/100

Gain is a little bit at the stronger side, maybe i will test 60 in the next days.

Thx.

6. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

DD1, I set Gain 60, LFB 100, FX 0, Damping 100, Menu Spring 0.
    It feels really good...all the bumps and side curb. The trade off is the wheel can be a little resistant but that's the trade off if I want to feel everything on the road. I think I set Gain to 58 so the wheel light up a bit. Been playing with it the last few days and I am satisfied.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Hello

I know the T500 had some overheating issues with the PSU being internal so is that why you have the Gain at 60 in the drivers?

I have a TSPC and I believe it does output the same theoretical torque than yours but I am comfortable with 100 Gain in TM CP, then between 70 and 80 in game Gain depending on the car.

Your LFB, FX and Damping are somehow similar to my settings but I really feel the need of adjusting Damping depending on the car spec I am driving

8. radkappe

radkappe New Member AMS2 Club Member

What are your settings in fanalab? Right now I'm not quiete happy with my settings (dd1)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. José Llamas

José Llamas Member

Trying more I noticed that 25 % of damping in TD (50 in game, such is the recommended in the OP) I think is excessive because I feel some laggy steering wheel response and I'd say that there are effects that are lost then. So now I'm trying with a rule of 3 reduction of the values in TD (5 % damping, 1 % friction and 2 % inertia). Also I'd like to comment that Automobilista 2 has a very good FFB, but if Reiza is improving it for the next update, perfect, because I notice a little things to improve, for example in large fast turns, I mean that I feel more strength and not many effects. It seems like the force increases with the time you are tuning and the effects loses in the same proportion. Sorry for my English. :p

10. omegaman

omegaman New Member

The T500RS has an external PSU.
    Power Supply Thrustmaster T500RS (Remanufactured)
    I don´t know anything about overheating issues. It is getting warm at 60 but not hot, didn´t try at 100 before.
    I use 60 in the drivers, because this are the default settings, and most of the recommendations for the racing sims I know, use that value.

100% in the TSPC driver, and 70 / 80 in AMS2 should be a lot stronger then my settings, which are definitivly stong anough for me.

But Gain is not the problem here.
    I´m not sure about the other settings, because I don´t feel very connected with the car (at least with GT3-cars, which i mostly drive). I would like to feel more the road and the level of grip the tires have on the tarmac. I have to play a bit more with FX and damping and LFB.

Edit: When I go too fast in a corner, and the car begins to understeer, I can hear the tire screeching. So I would expect, that the force in the steering wheel should get lighter until the tires get their grip again. I can´t find this in my steering wheel with my settings (at least not with the GT3-Cars, which I only tested until now).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  11. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

What did you end up with? I am using this:

GAIN: 33 (rather lowish to avoid shoulder pain issues)
    Low force: 12 (still trying to see what I like best)
    FX: 25
    Dampening: 14

In the fanatec profile I am using

dri -2
    FEI 90
    SPR/DPR both off

12. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

What is currently the consensus about using either default or default+?

13. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

I have to check. FEI Is not set above the 30. I don’t like a to high FEI, makes a lot of noise and it feels unnatural to me.

14. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

I use a custom file, silver raw if I’m correct and,
    Gain: 65
    LFB: 15
    FX: 30
    DAMPING: 0
    MSS: 20

DRI: -2
    FEI : 40
    FOR: 100
    SPR/DPR both off
    BRF: 60

15. Roy Jones

Roy Jones New Member

This is exactly what i would like also . Tried all kinds of ffb files and it's the 'light' steering feel of car understeering or loss of grip at front end is what would be useful. Sound and vision is ok of course, but then I would rather feel what is going on !

16. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

-November 21, 2021

Was this information ever posted? It's now March 21, 2022 and I still don't know the difference between Default and Default+.

Been waiting four months for the updated tutorial.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Dean Ogurek

Nothing official has been published but, Default is more basic ffb (Rack forces) / Default+ has some additional effects (Scrub / Tear / etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  18. worms14

worms14 New Member

Hi, after buying this game I was very excited about how it looks, but I quickly realized something is wrong with FFB as I have to learn everything from scratch, going back to AC, ACC, R3E.
    Now I run it 1 per month in hopes that maybe something with FFB has been fixed. I am very disappointed. Maybe I don't know how to set it up properly.
    If there is someone here who has dealt with this problem, please feel free to share your settings for : VRS DirectForce Pro .

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

19. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What is your opinion that there is something wrong with the FFB based on? Can you outline a situation?
    Personally, I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with the FFB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. worms14

worms14 New Member