1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for the awesome update and true commitment to the community.
    It's part of the reason AMS2 is my main SIM.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Thanks very much. I appreciate the work you are doing and believe AMS 2 can become a huge success. Not really a fan of historic Spa and Nurburgring (historic Long beach and Monaco are my preference), I understand your decision. I can't wait to see all the new cars and tracks you'll release in the future.

3. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

Yep, thx fyi.
    Is there a analytical Formel for „soon“ ? soon (x) = ……

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Spacekid

Spacekid Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you guys, much appreciated.

5. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Confirmed, Le Man coming in 2023.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

+∞

7. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

-> oo

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the quick reply, i appreciate that, however i just checked again on simracing.gp, but they still show ams2 as coming soon, which has been the case for about a year now i believe.
    upload_2022-4-2_18-3-14.png

hopefully they will be coming soon, that can really help gain a lot of peoples interest in AMS2 again.

• Like Like x 3
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

the-limit-does-not-exist.jpeg

10. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Simracing.gp is dying anyway, LFM took all the ACC players and no one wants to pay for a glorified server host for their league. Support the homegrown AMS ranking service (JustRace.net) or wait for the distant future when official races might appear.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  11. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Well Done to all the Devs in Reiza Studio for this awesome stuff an to keep bringing us new upgrades to the game.
    Just two questions to @Renato Simioni , Will the stock cars 2022 receive some onboard changes to be like the real ones? Push button and light, new steering wheel and different onboard to reflect in how the car really looks nowadays?
    Could it be possible to add the option to change painting materials for the cars? like matte finish, chrome, metalic, satin? specially with the formula ultimate gen2, so we can make our skins as real as possible?
    thanks in advance!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will this branch be connected to my main-AMS2 Documents folder (save-files and Settings), main-Time Trial database and main-Multiplayer lobby also ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Kdaneracer

Kdaneracer New Member AMS2 Club Member

I would be willing to pay a lot for full VR pack that keeps up with dlss and things like that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    Also, although not confirmed, I will just assume (without disappointment) that I'll soon be zooming on the Südschleife ^^

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

ok, did not know that, thanks

16. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe you can provide that with some arguments, personally I don't get very excited about 3rd party solutions, but it starts to look like that is what it becomes. So it's time for some research. I'm just curious

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks a lot to all the Reiza staff !!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Good Question +also effect on stats/licence. should be separate imo, as in current beta
    +
    Please enable steam cloud game save as only licence is currently saved. stats are lost (so pointless) when folder is deleted or lost via a crash.

+
    will lead to more constructive participation in Beta/pre release online tests, as current beta self made lobbies are almost nonexistent. So 'new beta' is a good move.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've not finished reading yet, but would like to say

@ilka , welcome to Brazil mate! Crazy place, but you might love it here despite the image of the country foreigners usually have.

@Sandro Nabutovskiy , stay strong man, I can't even begin to imagine how stressful it must be, but this madness is bound to end anytime - also, what a prime work on the F-Ultimate Gen 2, it is beautiful!

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
  20. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You are right. My bad.

Simracing.gp was supposed to be an RD project to regroup plenty communities for free. Then lockdown happened, simracing grew and greedy Motorsports Games execs saw a way to make a quick buck by "sponsoring" simracing.gp and forcing RD to monetize it (never admitted but also not denied). The way it was announced and actually released was pretty much a slap in the face and killed a lot of people's interest in it right away. Even community owners were taken aback and outright refused to join them in spite of being told it would remain free "for them".

JustRace.net is a passion project from simracers, by simracers, for simracers. I have been using their Server Manager and Portal for nearly a year. The amount of QoL changes put in over the last months has been amazing (AWS server support, event/practice scheduling improvements, automatic result uploading, discord support for event announcements, dedicated server install scripts and automatic DS updates being the most recent update).
    It's all free and if you want to demo the service the devs will gladly let you schedule events on their own server (you just need to have a chat with @Nobkins/JTurn or @DaVeX ). There are no ads and any monetary support you wish to give them is invested back in the servers. There is no slowing them down either (except for their jobs and families) and all they ask back is to spread the word of JR. :)

Oh and JR supports AC, ACC, R3E, rF2, AMS1 and AMS2.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    • Informative x 13
    • Like x 8
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Friendly x 1