1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I've done some testing by disabling Scrub and focusing on Tear effects alone. I also disabled rear-tear to have a clear indication of when front-Tear begins and how it progresses. I also increased Tear Scale to make it more obvious however, I now can feel a cyclical variation pattern within the Tear effect. In other words, the intensity (maybe frequency) varies in cycles throughout the cornering phase, so the effect is not at all consistent.

Perhaps those changes I made cause the cycling result? At any rate, pushing the Tear Threshold to about 0.2 feels better through the cornering phase as lateral pressure is near its high point.

Update: In the Beta thread, others are also mentioning "Pulsating ffb effects" with certain cars (One being the Stockcar 2022). There may already be a fix in place for future builds so, best to wait and see if that solves the issue I mention above (Tear effect).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I have a big guess, will test and let you know:)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  3. Danielkart

thanks for your tip, the problem with stock cars might be better soon

4. Danielkart

yes, it is as I suspected. Enjoy drifting and control with the stock cars. The stock cars before were very, very, very bad. Now they are joking
    Unfortunately, there is bad news as well. Because I know that someone will be very sad here

First the not so important, just a matter of taste:

Stakanov your middle is a bit loose I think it's better with 30

over_steer_scale and under steer_scale can now even be increased 1.5/1.5 but better both values the same as Stakanov has. The same values give a very homogeneous and less nervous steering wheel (with dd1)

Test: With Toyota Corolla Stock car 21

Route: Spa

Rack Settings:
    Switch off all yaw values with #, I think there are 7 values
    These values have a massive impact on the ffb, unfortunately that's the way it is. I've been dating yaw for a long time.
    Compare it yourself how nice you can drift

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Danielkart

Guys, let everything rest for a while. I notice that the thread is very restless. It was a crazy week with a lot of new things. Just enjoy this ingenious simulation
    regards :);)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

yes , while it’s been awesome to have so many new thoughts and furious testing from multiple users at the same time ( which isn’t all that common)
    It’s getting hard to keep up , which makes it hard to come to conclusions.
    But there’s definitely progress which is a good thing .

• Like Like x 4
  7. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The edge of grip feeling in this file is really really good. That feeling you get when all you want to do is push the car a little more.. then a little more... and more. It's really fun.

8. Kuku Maddog

I’ve just been trying it out for the last hour and it takes a little adjustment to get used too it, but once you do , it’s very good. The recent changes have brought more subtlety than before.
    I’m just in process of some micro fine tuning to my favour and wheel. Not much though.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Danielkart

good morning everyone or of course evening;)
    I'm coming back to my post from yesterday. I said the not so important first because it's a matter of taste. Need to correct myself a bit for understeer and oversteer. It is important to have the two values equal. So over_steer_scale and under_steer_scale. As a result, there is an incredible homogeneity in the steering, and the vibrations remain pleasant. Even the values can now be increased, but you would have to test that. Maybe someone has time to test, I probably won't get to it today. All these changes have raised this simulation, or rather custom ffb, to new dimensions. And there is still a lot to do and improve if we do it together and not against each other:)

10. Kuku Maddog

It’s a great file , I’ve got oversteer / understeer at 1.5 presently and its fine.
    I’m liking different slip cross over values from one of the recent files, as I feel there was more grip available than what it was telling me.
    Otherwise not needing to alter hardly a thing.

p.s nobody’s ever worked against each other , there’s just different angles been looked at from different angles, different tastes and different equipment, not to mention different vocabulary, so everyone will disagree on some aspect while others will be in unison.

The more different ideas the better the final outcomes .
    There’s always phases in the file development, this all started along time ago now, and if you look back at some the early files now and compare, it’s staggering what Karsten has provided as a template, and after a quiet period there has been a unexpected flood of activity.
    It’s been great :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Danielkart

Yes it's great what Karsten provides. He brings us the diamond in the rough. But it also needs to be sanded to make it shine;)

12. Danielkart

Stakanov, I checked your post. Maybe I found the mistake? I dont know ? I can't go to the rig today.
    With Tear FX the values are missing

(tear_scale_front 0.3)
    (tear_scale_front 0.3)

And then set the effect to about 0.1 or 0.2 based on my previous experiences with tear_scale. I'm not a programmer, maybe I'm completely wrong?
    Greetings and Happy Sunday everyone:)

13. easy81

easy81 Member

Hi you have the possibility to share your file with the changes ... I would like to test it

14. Kuku Maddog

Its not ready yet unfortunately, I found that changing to formula cars like f-USA, that it wasn’t giving me the confidence and control.
    so ahead of what’s coming I need to get to the bottom of that, but my back is sore and I’ve got a league race tomorrow night to prep for. I like how it’s feeling for the old corvette I’m running but not the fast formula cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm trying to implement them in the current tear code but I don't think this is the problem because we add in the effect only two intensity variables and if you lower the values maybe you hide only the problem that remains in the background ... without haste as soon as you get home you explain to me better by message, maybe I am missing some steps ;) ... in the meantime I try something else.

Good Sunday to everyone! :)

16. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

"rFuktor 5.0.1.4-experimental7"

Adjusted

- "early tear" to come at lower frequency.
    - Tear to start slightly later as @Dean Ogurek posted.
    - Micro bumps slightly.
    - Center full to change from 0-80 kmh.
    - Some center rubber feel (center_full_rubber_feel).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Kuku Maddog

such timing :whistle:
    was just about to turn off pc and zzzzz.

but not now ..;)

Edit, Yes its defiantly rubbery.:) quite interesting , higher rubbery value and higher scrub freq seemed more life like, but hard to say with short play around.
    Tire feel a little muted in comparison to other sensations , and bumps quite strong.
    felt a little loose or vague with the relax's active.
    will be interesting how the feature crosses over to other stable tunes tomorow.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:hurrayreiza: And the winner is "EXPERIMENTAL 7" :hurrayreiza:

everything has returned coherent and without anomalies with the obvious different sensations as a result of the changes implemented ... I feel in my comfort zone so I think I can move quietly to seek my own harmony ... @Karsten Hvidberg you are great!! :cool:

Now i have so much to try and test ... think about modifying it again with an experimental 8??? :D:D:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Danielkart

I'm looking forward to testing the new custom file, but I'm not home yet

• Like Like x 1
  20. Danielkart

W

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022