1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm guessing it will likely be possible once USA Part 3 comes out, as there was mention of Full Course Yellows to be added for oval racing.

Oh Yes Please! These are the Nurburgring layouts I really want.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

That sounds like a you problem

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You know the F-USA CART cars aren't really Formula cars, right?

The reason the CART cars are in the game is because Reiza wants to sell the game to the generation of American fans who grew up with the CART cars and don't remember the F1 cars because F1 wasn't widely available in the US between 1995 and 2000.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Rodrigo Dutra

Rodrigo Dutra Don Perina Racing AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Rodrigo Dutra

Rodrigo Dutra Don Perina Racing AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 4
  6. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

What does the "F" stand for?

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nobkins

Nobkins Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I finally got round to the post and @CrimsonEminence has promised to make it sticky etc.
    JustRace.net | Simplified Event Management for Communities | 100% Free | No Ads

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Feel free to add some "user feedback" to the thread linked above!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It stands for "F---! We have to call this class something and we didn't license the names CART or IndyCar."

Technically every car in the game except the two VW street cars is a "Formula car," because all that a "Formula" is is a set of rules for building race cars and officiating the races they run in. NASCAR's rules are "a formula," but you would call a NASCAR Cup car a formula car. Would you?

The point I was making is that there were very few people between 1995 and 2000 who followed both Formula 1 and CART. And Reiza put the Formula Classic Gen Whichever in the game to appeal to the people on the F1 side of the Venn diagram. And they put the CART cars in the game to appeal to the people on the CART side of the Venn Diagram.

The argument that "They're putting too many 'Formula cars' in the game" that keeps popping up overlooks the commercial reality that the FUSA cars are in the game because they'll convince a completely different set of people to buy the game than the Classic F1 cars.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

This sim is becoming an F1 simulator and very north/south america centric... I'm a big F1 fan but don't like to race them... I don't like oval racing (outside of Americans, who does?) And sorry, I have zero interest in racing a Jetta or a fiat uno... I'll still spend most of my time using ams2 and I'll back them every time they ask for money because the game is superb and is the best VR performer by far. But I would love to see improvements to the user interface especially multiplayer and championships... A few more road cars (with the project cars 2 legacy I imagine it wouldn't be that difficult to add some pc2 cars?) And few more GT3/gt4 wouldn't hurt either... Ps: I'm happy for those who enjoy the latest additions. Just saying I would love to see some additions that I like as well..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

Not sure about the others, but why would Kunos need to give updates to a game that is mostly complete? Solid single player content. Solid multiplayer platform. All manufacturers are there..

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ilka

ilka Moderator

Tbh the climate reaction is pretty positive, neither me or my wife have been that much affected by it.
    Cultural shock to me tbh is more the experience reading the news from Ukraine day by day.
    I for now don’t want to tell more details about our move and about impressions of Brazil yet, because don’t wanna put too much focus on us, while Sandro and people of Ukraine are going thru such hell.
    Only thing I wanna mention is after meeting Renato in person and after everything he’d had to go thru to help us during this process, can’t describe enough what a champ is running the team :cool:

• Friendly Friendly x 47
    • Like Like x 30
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Warms the heart.
    The next update will be special for different reasons than just the content.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

How have you got Shriukan on ilka's quote? Really threw me off.

Much respect to Reiza and the team...always had heaps but more and more each time someone from the team post.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Wow. I just hit reply so no idea how that happened, but I fixed it.

15. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

Well the widely accepted definition of a formula car is a single seat open-wheeler.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

@Rodrigo Dutra the vids, stuff and your presentation are a good Monday motivation here in Germany - thx.

Main thoughts towards Ukraine. Take care and don t lose hope

• Like Like x 1
  17. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Member AMS2 Club Member

.... or because you don't really plan to fix the many errors and missing features in the multiplayer? With all love, but unfortunately it seems to be coming true. AMS2 leaves the claim to be a league-ready Sim-Sport MP title. Very unfortunate, but it was to be expected.

• Dislike Dislike x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

A lot of the problems you meantion are still from PCARS 2. SMS were unable to fix them, and even denied that the problem existet. They never dug that deep into the "Madness" as R.S. did. Its just a matter of time.

19. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Why is the weight of the car in the video at "734 kg"? The actual value is 798 kg afaik. It also can't have been copied from the Formula Ultimate Gen1, as that one weighed 752kg. It's also not due to the driver being excluded, as driver + seat have to weigh exactly 80kg.

Apart from that, the driving looks very promising, but of course that's nothing you can judge by just watching.

20. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't read too much into the details, as this is still work-in-progress and not even released yet. In fact, I wasn't aware that the media embargo had been lifted?

• Agree Agree x 2