1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To me at least formula cars are synonymous with single-seaters.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. rmagid1010

idk if driver weight is included or not (in the UI), but if so then maybe its something to fix before the release

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I know that, just wanted to point that out in case it hasn't been already within beta. Also, the videos are a preview granted by Reiza to this specific channel if I read the comments of the YouTuber right.

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

There are a handful of YouTubers who are allowed to preview things, @steelreserv is one of them:

• Like Like x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The added weight was explicitly mentioned in the dev update so it would be surprising if the actual value was totally wrong and even in the other direction. But then again I never understood why the car data shown in the selection screen is always hilariously wrong, like it was entered by someone who knows nothing about the cars.

6. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Menu stats are entirely disconnected from the physics like azaris just now pointed out.

I'm writing the following from a Cars of AMS2 point of view - an independent project to showcase the width of AMS2's motorsport culture - and not as a staff member :). Something to keep in mind in this whole discussion as it's quite common to hear disappointment about "yet another open wheeler" (not from you personally, I know): the classes are all different from each other and make up a big chunk of motorsport culture and history. It's only logical that there are open wheelers and if we're lucky there will be even more of them. After all it's in AMS2's DNA to showcase the broad spectrum of motorsport including the legend, the icon, the one and only Uno.

Like-wise from past dev updates we all know there are also tin tops in the pipeline. Meanwhile Stock Car is kept fresh and relevant with 2022 season content.

Of course nobody has to like open wheelers same as nobody has to like GT3 or modern FWD touring cars. But looking at the sim landscape, the open wheel catalog of AMS2 fits right into a gap.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Fun fact, the rules demanded for decades that a second seat, even it it was only an emergency seat one could barely sit in, was build into the Race cars to qualify as Sports cars. That's why the driver positions are alyways a bit off center in those cars like the Porsche 917, 956, 962 etc...Having a roof was not in the rules for most of the time, but 2 seats where mandatory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have a clue about game engines but wouldn't you expect SMS to know everything about the engine they created? Or did they create some kind of monster which they were unable to control afterwards? :D My guess is that they had no time / were to lazy to get this engine to its full potential. Good that we have Reiza right now. I'm looking forward to the next years to come.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

So I've seen RafaBin's video on the new car and it's a bit disappointing that that reiza seemingly still didn't fix the DRS lights on the steering wheel after a year. I mean the wheel is still fairly lacking in useful info in general like battery level, tire temps, real time delta, high-res enough text, etc...
    I've also noticed a few mistakes in the liveries like the yellow car with a SAXON logo on the front wing except the X is also entirely obstructed the nose or the red car with a Natures "Coffe" logo (unless coffe is an actual word in some language, correct me if I'm wrong). Just typos, not a big deal.
    And there's the car that's actually probably illegal, with at least the front wing looking like is too low and front wheel deflectors not being to the FIA's specs.
    All in all I don't mean to be too negative, I'm still excited, but it kinda gives me the feeling that the car's been rushed which is a bit annoying considering not rushing things was one of the main point of the dev update.

10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Observations yes but.
    Ref F1 2022
    Its still in BETA and not released/finished.
    wip. Work in progress just like real F1 are at the moment and change by race.

As for RL its annoying that trying to spot a drivers number is so difficult. Older F1 had a number in a circle and clearly visable Today its a mishmash of colours, sizes and not often in same place on cars.
    Maybe the FIA regs need some critique:)
    number.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  11. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I think that "coffe" might be related to "covfefe" :)

It's a work in progress. I'm sure that these things will be addressed.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What you saw was the beta, come on now. Also, yeah I want all the lights working on the wheel, HOWEVER to say it is disappointing and tonforget everything else that has been fixed and implemented into the game it isn't fair.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

I said it gives me kinda a feeling of it being rushed, not exactly an absolute statement that it has been rushed. Also according to reiza wording it's probably going to be out in a "couple of days" and it's a bit unreasonable to expect a model overhaul, related hitbox changes, an lcd screen overhaul and a reintroduced feature in a couple of days. Also you'd expect a dev to not still be working on their 3D model a few days before final release.
    As for the livery mistakes, yes I know they are certainly going to be fixed, I'm also just pointing them out, you know, feedback.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. rmagid1010

The whole dash can hopefully be improved as well in the future at some point. Thankfully someone has spent ages looking at leclerc’s helmet cam and created some reference material which could be useful for Reiza 47A78681-671E-4507-86D0-2A2C4969EE38.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Yes I know where your coming from.
    I think we have been surprised at what they can do/change in a short few days, Like mirrors on said car!
    Lets just wait and see, we all want the same.
    pls(dont take my post as hard a response!:) although it states Fact... +wording on forums is taken differently around the world with different sensitivities. esp in release threads.

16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, weight and presentation page are usually some of the last things that gets properly finalized before dropping a new car. The point of the weight shown has been already highlighted in the Beta branch. Be faithful that the correct data will appear at launch ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great to hear all of this guy's, you're devs have got some true grit working within an actual warzone, hope Sandro stays safe and hope Ilka is enjoying Brazil. Russia to Brazil, that's one hell of a climate change!
    Great to hear finances are good, you guys deserve to reap the benefits of all the hard work you've been doing.
    Especially pleased to about the work being done on the tires, hope that means compounds will be working properly with next update, for me personally this is the no1 most important thing, having dry and wet compounds working as they should is Paramount for me and Crimson Essence has told me twice that this has been addressed so that's great news. Also with the carcass I've noticed that the formula ultimate tires (at least on replays) seem to squash down like there's not enough air in them. Anyway glad all is well and really looking forward to the update. Cheers & Bravo!!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it? Or is it a European-style single seat open wheeler? Because obviously F2 and F3 and Formula Ford are the same idea as F1, except with cheaper and less advanced and less powerful cars because they're junior categories. But IndyCar is very different than that.

Look, we all expect that Reiza is going to include a NASCAR-type stock car in Racing USA Part 3, right? Mark my words. These same people are going to come out of the woodwork and point at the 7 classes of Stock Car Brazil and say that there's already too many "stock cars" in the game.

It will be a goofy argument then and it's a goofy argument now.

19. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

Yes, i will criticize you if you add 20 stock car in four months. And if you do that despite i had 50 stock cars, of course I'll criticize you. You can not say that "goofy argument". I don't know if there is a car type that you don't like in the game. But if so, then you should think that the developer add 21 of them for 4 months. And when you have 50 cars of that type. Wont you criticize this situation? Just a little empathy. I understand you disagree with this view, but you can't call it stupid.

20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"Formula series" = single-seater open-wheel cars. There is no need to separate them by geographical location. The American open-wheelers are formula series even if they aren't called that in practice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1