1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Stakanov. I am unable to find that line in the Exp8 file, only this one;
    (rear (+ (* left1 mom_FL2) (* right1 mom_FR2))) Is that the one you are talking about?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey Michael,

They are coming in the order as designed, however according to many sources now the names are cause for confusion, so I might simply switch the names on them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michael Enright

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if it is just me, but if I put scrub_scale at 0.0 and put tear_scale and tear_hard at any value (even tried 5.0), I get nothing from a slide, acceleration or anything. I was just experimenting to see what both scrub and tear felt like individually. Should that be the case? Thank you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes @Michael Enright to replace the green line one in place of the red one, but I don't think it is mandatory ... it should serve to not execute the code if if we are off track.. it was in the 5.0.1.3 file before the large bump was deleted ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. JDean

JDean New Member

Great Job Karsten,
    very good overall feeling for all kind of Cars.

How can i increase the Tyre Grip feeling on the Edge a little bit? (understeer effect)

And How can i increase the feeling if you brake hard on bumpy surface or if the car goes light over a hill? That feeling is so immersive, espacialy on the Nordschleife

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Karsten Hvidberg

To increase tyre grip feel on edge you can increase "slip_crossover_line2_start_y" slightly.
    To increase the feeling when you go light over a hill I will have to look in to.

Best,

-K

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JDean

JDean New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH Karsten
    this changes everything for me in SimRacing
    i put "slip_crossover_line2_start_y" from 0.15 up to 0.8 and the Grip edge is now perfectly clear .
    In long curves its like you balance perfectly on a rope. Or you balance a stick on your finger.
    More Grip harder steering FFB, and if you go in to understeer and loose grip, your wheel goes a little bit lighter. Find the perfect balance is awesome and so much fun. :) Riding the sweet spot

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Karsten Hvidberg

"rFuktor 5.0.1.4"

- Added the missing suppression of large bumps as posted by @Stakanov .
    - Adjusted kerbs slightly.
    - Adjusted large bumps feel slightly.
    - Very slightly increased "slip_crossover_line2_start_y" for a little more grip loss feel as pointed to by @JDean .
    - One or two very minor other tweaks.

This is 5.0.1.4, no more experimentals for this version :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 4
  9. Karsten Hvidberg

It should not, no.
    I did try to increase & decrease tear_scale and I feel that difference very clearly. I did not try further experiments.

Best,

-K

10. Michael Enright

Thanks, I will do some more experimenting. Thought it was strange, but when I tested, there was definitely nothing from Tear when I put Scrub at 0. Mmmmm, interesting.

11. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will your file work with low-powered Logitech wheels? If so, is there anything else I need to do other than follow the instructions in the first post in this thread? Thank you.

12. Karsten Hvidberg

For Logitech I would pick latest tune/variant from @Stakanov posted a few pages back.
    Also he might post a new file one of the next days using parts from this latest file too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Stakanov

Yes, I am already in the process of editing together with dear tester friends ... today I have little time but by tomorrow evening I should complete the update and tuning of the previous 4W file in version 5.0.1.4 final (I want to try it and adjust it with as many machines as possible and with as many steering wheels as possible other than Logitech) ... and I think that making the changes to the file (which are shared by several different steering wheels) focusing more on the main code than on the tuning of the variables, is bearing fruit. ;)

@Karsten Hvidberg in addition to the "grip in front and rear wheels" I found another change in the code values that allows you to adjust the effect as you want so that everyone likes it by adjusting its intensity (I will explain it later) :) ... I'm in turmoil and I really like it :whistle: ... I hope it's not just a sensation of my head!!! o_O

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

I was scrolling thru the file and saw the following (don't know if this is intentional or a typo or leftover)
    1. (sa_delta_rack (* (/ 1 (* dt 333)) (- steering_angle_rack old_sa_rack)))
    shouldn't this be 300
    (grip_feel_rear (min 1 (/ (+ (* grip_rl rel_weight_FL) (* grip_rr rel_weight_FR)) (max 0.0001 (+ rel_weight_FL rel_weight_FR)))))
    see values in red. if it is for rear should it be
    (grip_feel_rear (min 1 (/ (+ (* grip_rl rel_weight_RL) (* grip_rr rel_weight_RR)) (max 0.0001 (+ rel_weight_RL rel_weight_RR)))))

15. Michael Enright

16. Michael Enright

Sorry trigger fingers

17. Karsten Hvidberg

Hey Lars,

Thanks for posting,
    I can see why you ask for both #1 and #2, but everything is as was intended and no problems.

However might change it slightly at some point, so thanks for pointing them out.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Stakanov

I'm undecided about the center ..... I need to think aloud, and even though I think I know the answer, I think I need comfort and affection from @Karsten Hvidberg :p ... I specify that I don't want to deceive you and you are not my type!!! :D

Let's get to the point and assume the example of the file......
    center_full_low_velocity 0.8
    center_full 0.4
    (center_full (blend (min 1 (/ kmh 80)) center_full_low_velocity center_full))

----------------------------------------------------
    # 1 - If I go at 50 kmh we have:

(center_full (blend (min 1 (/ 50 80)) 0.8 0.4))

50/80=0.625 which is lower than 1 so "(min 1 (/ 50 80))" is equal to 0.625 and the center becomes.....

(center_full (blend 0.625 0.8 0.4))

So from 0 kmh to 80 kmh the range of the voice "(min 1 (/ x 80))" always goes from 0 to 1
    ----------------------------------------------------
    # 2 - If I go at speeds above 80 for example at 150 kmh (but it is the same for any higher speed after 80) we have:

(center_full (blend (min 1 (/ 150 80)) 0.8 0.4))

150/80=1.875 which is higher than 1 so "(min 1 (/ 150 80))" is always 1.00 and the formula becomes.....

(center_full (blend 1.00 0.8 0.4))

So, beyond 80 km / h, it always remains like this at whatever speed
    -----------------------------------------------------
    So, which is not obvious at first sight, I would still obtain a differentiation between the center at a speed lower than 80 and the center at a speed higher than 80 even by setting the same value of both center_full and center_full_low_velocity

(center_full (blend (min 1 (/ kmh 80)) 0.8 0.8))

Because....
    at 50 for example it would be (center_full (blend 0.625 0.8 0.8))
    over 80 would always be (center_full (blend 1.00 0.8 0.8))
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I got it right, no?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Karsten Hvidberg

Almost.

Blend works like this:

(blend b v1 v2) = (1-b)*v1 + b*v2

So "v1" specifies what blend result should be at velocity 0 and "v2" specifies blend result at velocity >= 80. Everything in between velocity 0 and 80 is the pct as provided in "b" between "v1" and "v2".

In your example, since both v1 and v2 are 0.8, the result will be always 0.8.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 3
  20. Stakanov

Ok @Karsten Hvidberg ... thank you very much for the explanations ... I was right to think aloud then, I would have made a mistake just following the code ... the mathematical functioning of the "blend" is now very clear ... ;)

• Like Like x 3