1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.4.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

I think we will not agree on this.

Actually this is what exactly. Just its name is not GT3.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Jason Bradshaw

Jason Bradshaw Member

AMS2 is on the crest of doing something really special here, I believe that. Once they permanently populate the pits (to give it that busy race day feel), colour code the liveries of the drivers and Pit crews outfits etc, no sim out there will be as immersive and at the same time run as good as this, especially in VR.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I think people have understood your points mate but I must say the argument is also a little reductionistic, you keep saying that it is just one kind of car: It isn't just one kind of car. CART and F1 '22 are totally different, I realise that you mean open-wheelers, but I don't think you can lump them all together either. Also, as your statistics showed, if you did the same for 'tin tops' there are actually more of those, which I pointed out jokingly.

The first part of Racin' USA was GTEs/US tracks and fairly shortly we will be starting to see part 3 of Racin' USA adding ovals and associated cars. The period you are talking about has seen delays and happened at the same time as part 2 of USA dlc, a pack dedicated to Cart and Indy cars. As a result, we have seen a lot of those added. (Though I think the newer versions of TSI were also added in the last 4 months, no?)

On that logic we are already able to say that at some point we will be receiving more 'street supercars', at another point we will have a period of Brazilian GP cars and at yet another point, the dawn of roaring monsters covered in mud and, if we are very lucky, maybe even snow.

There will be plenty to come and I think we've basically seen the end of USA part 2 now. The new track announced also makes me feel that we are likely to see some more tin tops soon.

So chin up bud, more fun is on the way!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

Thank you for your answer. Actually i've just said my opinion. I didn't want to prolong the discussion. But i had to explain some things because of some people's irrelevant answers. I only said that the developers add too many formula cars to the game lately. Probably they will say "there are many seamless cars on this game, go and play with them" if i say "some cars feels problematic". All of us want this game to be perfect. Many people criticized some cars on this forum. But it should not be an answer to say "go and play with another car". That would be ignoring a problem. Any way, i wish the best for this game... If we have so many formula car lover, they should be add more :D

5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

…too many formula cars in YOUR opinion…
    and
    …there is no problem….

6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

C'mon, Reiza... it's 1.3.5 time... gimme my bikes and lets end this river of tears!

For 1.4, anti-grav vehicles will be!

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Not enough massive turbo, big boost tin tops is fact...opinion, we need more :p Porsche 935 amd friends.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Rodrigo Dutra

Rodrigo Dutra Don Perina Racing AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] upload_2022-4-2_3-9-57.png

New track is coming to AMS 2 .. Rio de Janeiro Galeao Airport GP track :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

It's not an April fools joke ;) reminiscent of Top Gear test track of old, imo

10. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Gee I reckon the Indy cars would go great around here! A second airport track - woohoo

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes we need figure of 8 racing in the old stocks. Just hope that the lobby host has turned off MP-RS

• Like Like x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. David Changg

David Changg New Member

ok thanks for the updates but 2 years into this and you the massive FPS drop in a night race when the headlights of the cars behind reflect on the car makes the FPS drop to 40s.. 3x1440p screens, RTX3080, 5600X, 32Gb Ram 1TB SSD, so no it is not the hardware. 2 years and there is no chance you can fix this?

Easy to replicate: Try any GT3 race during night, FPS drop... Try the same Gt3 car in a test drive same track, FPS +100

Try a Formula Reiza race during night, 100FPS stable.. why ? no headlights from other cars..

This is terrible to say the least, I have been patiently waiting for this to get fix but instead I am getting more cars and tracks that I cannot enjoy fully in this game. I am sorry for the rant

14. 2ndLastJedi

For my PC (3 x 1080p, RTX 3080) night fps are OK, not great but serviceable but I can't drive at night for a different reason, the dam awful flickering and shimmering from the headlights. So I do agree, night time needs attention badly and for not necessarily the same reasons.

15. David Changg

David Changg New Member

thanks for the reply... what do you mean by FPS OK? 60Fps?

16. 2ndLastJedi

I'll have a test, give me a combo with times and dates and I will test but yeah from the times I've tried it had been definitely over 60. My last test was at LongBeach night and rain. I made a post about gaps under the concrete fence that the Ai headlights passed under causing fps drops. I will look for that post and see what fps I was getting also.

17. 2ndLastJedi

Here are my results from a previous test
    Why does Wet / Night racing absolutely CRUSH my VR frame rate
    Scroll down to see screenshots with performance numbers. Looks like it did briefly drop below 60 at race start but straight away back up to mid 70's and beyond. Performance graphic is in the top left of each screenshot.

18. ClickerSnapper

ClickerSnapper Car in the Avatar, Rimac Nevera.

I'd like to add to this list
    IMHO I think the audio mix need help! the road noise is way to loud, get rid of it so we can hear the curbs without all the road noise. I just turn it all off at this time.
    The tire slide audio is lame.
    The engines sound are pretty good, at least the cars I drive. ( especially without the the other audio interference )
    The rev limiter? well I for one do not need it but I can take care of the my self. ( I just emtpy the rev limiter files)
    The pit crew shaking during pit stops has yet to be corrected for months now.
    I'm not being negative just trying to be constructive.
    Thanks for making some adjustments to the ICM.
    I do like the progress being made though, However some CORE items need to be moved to the top of the priority list. Hope all is well for the team during these trying times!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Might help if you posted this in a more relevant thread , most people probably won't see this here tbh .