1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you so much! I always forget about this great feature!

2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I reckon the F-Ultimate Gen 2 livery pack and associated custom AI file would the top downloaded content for AMS2.

I know I'll be terrible driving it (it's all happening too fast!) but I'm still sure I'll enjoy it.

• Like Like x 6
  3. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I have not started AMS 2 for 2 months, but just out of my mind I can count the cars that drove there: Mini Cooper S, Lotus 23, BMW 2002 Turbo, Corvette C3, Corvette C3R, Porsche 911 RSR 3.0, Lotus 72E and the whole bunch of F-Retro Gen1. +/- 2-3 years do not really matter much since we will never get tracks in acurate 1-3 years steps. Even Nürburgring and Spa 2020 are already outdated since both of them get makeovers every autumn/winter before the next season starts in March/April.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

best is „Beton-Schleife“ as my profession is concrete and cement

5. Apex

Apex Active Member

Yes, I've noticed that too and asked the same question elsewhere. I suppose the answer could be the quality of the reference material available in order to model every important detail of the tracks.

I'm just guessing, but that could be the reason for example that we have Silverstone 1975 w/o chicane and the new pit entrance and exit instead of simply the 1952-74 layout that would make perfect sense with the F-Vintage cars.

I love the historic stuff across the few titles that actually make an effort covering this, and I'm one of those who enjoy sardonically mansplaining others which cars raced where and when, and when I select a pack of yesteryear racers in AMS2 I seriously consider growing long hair and huge sideburns. That said, I genuinely don't mind blatant anachronisms as long as the driving is fun.

However, a nice little collection of, say, three early '70s prototypes would do those early tracks great justice, even generic ones would be great.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Any plans when the Brabham for the F-Retro Gen3 will come?

7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

2022 with the Brazilian champion cars DLC most likely.

8. Marcos Gil

Marcos Gil Member AMS2 Club Member

Muito obrigado Renato, o simulador tem melhorado muito, mas tem muito a ser feito, Quando se trata de IA vc tem um longo caminho a seguir. sei que não é facil mais da uma olhada na IA do Irancig os caras fizeram algo muito bom ali.

9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So, off topic. Been currently obsessed with a couple mods over on AC recently. There's a section of Rallye Monte Carlo and a fantastic little Porsche 912 up on RaceDepartment that I've been really enjoying lately. Still hoping that the 2002 and Vette might eventually get some rear engined competition. :rolleyes:

Screenshot_ac_legends_gtc_porsche_911r_ss_cabanette_free_version_1.1_2-3-122-0-4-45.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Any idea if the 2022 stock cars will be available in the season mode with the new track?

11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ps. Reiza Rallye <3

12. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

Ok.. It's Reiza's sim. They have the vision and they create what they want. As long as the market responds well, no reason to stop making it a Formula/brazilian stock cars/Uno orientated sim... Not everybody can be satisfied fully, I realize this.
    Besides, there are 4-5 well put together sims out there (rfactor2, raceroom's UI still need a lot of work in my opinion) and only 2-3 that works well in VR. So, personally, I have no choice... AMS2 it is....and don't get me wrong.. driving the mclaren f1 with weather evolving fog with rain to patches of fog to a beautiful sunset is just orgasmic for me... I just wish there was more street cars and a more solid Single player option.
    But I wonder... How difficult is it to bring the Pcars 2 catalog to AMS2?.... evidently, not so easy, otherwise we would have more of them. It would be great if we could have most of these cars, even without physics or appearance update, etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

The problem is two-fold.

One, the size of the team. Realistically speaking, I don't see them able to bring more than 3 or 4 different (in terms of looks and physics) cars per month, with the required amount of work put in to make them solid on release (but they'd be crunching hard).

Two, cash and licensing. Reiza could (technically) just import the pC2 cars and visually and physically update them, yes, but they'd need to purchase the licenses from the brands (and not SMS), which for certain brands are apparently very expensive (plus negotiations take time). If they'd release them without the licenses they would see themselves with enough lawsuits to shut down the company for good (and to be fair, considering some of the automotive giants out there, one lawsuit could already be fatal).

SMS heavily invested in licenses with the cashflow they got from their publisher but the lack of time they had to properly configure the cars (or lack of will to improve down the line) meant many of the cars were not that good. At least, the DLC cars were definitely better as the team had learned a bit more and invested more time in configuring them to a better standard.

• Informative Informative x 5
  14. Emir_de_Passy

Emir_de_Passy Member

Thank you for your informative reply... it makes sense... I'll stop moaning and the Mclaren f1...
    but man, an F40 would sure look good in AMS2...
    Actually another question... since we have the Mclaren F1, would it be an additional expense to get a 570, 650, or 720? (cant remember which ones are in Pcars2)?
    in other words, is it a licensing fee per car or per brand?

15. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Adding to @Shriukan's Info, porting the cars over without physics update probably wouldn't work, because the underlying physics have been altered compared to Project Cars 2. Seeing what even old setups sometimes do to the drivablitiy of AMS2 cars after an update, PC2 cars probably wouldn't work well. Also, if you'd want them without any changes, you could just play them in PC2 anyways.

16. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I've thought a few times, while discussions of licensing have been going on, that it doesn't make much sense to me to charge a fortune/make it difficult to obtain licences.

Sure, money = good but publicity = money.

If the choice for brands is to have their car represented in a game like AMS2 or hold out for sweet licensing loot and end up unrepresented, surely it would make more sense to capitalise on the opportunity to reach the demographic of sim racers.

For road car brands that must be true, if someone grows up loving driving a model of a VW, for example, in a sim, that surely could have an effect on their choice of car purchase in the future.

That may be less true for a brand like Ferrari but still, surely the prestige is worth it.

What do you think?

17. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a supercar DLC/update planned in the future. Given McLaren's relationship with Reiza I would guess it's only a matter of time until we see some of those cars in game.

My guess would be that Ferrari is either off the table or would only license them with a unique DLC. They're notoriously picky about such things. For example: the Fiorano test track in Pcars2 only allowed Ferrari cars to run on it. Porsche was fine with other cars on their test track DLC, but for some reason Ferrari was petty enough to restrict players.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem with road cars is that they need roads to drive them at. Assetto corsa has the advantage of having modders create brilliant free roams like LA Canyons and SRP (as well as having the Nordschliefe tourist layout as vanilla content). SMS attempted something similiar with the Azure and Pacific Highway coastal road tracks, but nothing on the level of AC modders.

If we get a supercars DLC pack, my wishlist would be for some free roam tracks. The easiest free roams for Reiza to create would include Nordschliefe bridge-to-gantry, as well as free-roam (i.e. no barrier) versions of Galeao and Cleveland.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree 100%.

My love of hatchbacks began with Gran Turismo 2. I ended up buying a Honda EG hatch a few years later (the Peugeot 206 wasn't an option). Been into cars ever since.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza said in this forum they are not. It does not mean it is confirmed they will come to the sim but they said they have the contacts and the reason for not going forward was the already long queue of other cars to first serve and that was in response to their agent in Oceania (if memory serves me well) offering to put them in contact with people within Ferrari and facilitate a reasonable dollar value deal.
    Also Ferrari has appeared in many games and not necessarily with dedicated DLCs although it would be nice if there was one in AMS2 :D

• Like Like x 1