1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When will the dedicated server get its update, this has not been updated, so cant run the new cars and track on a server now, i also checked if the server had a release candidate or beta option, but it doesn't have that

2. Harry H

Harry H Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice! Looking forward to learning more about the new AI additions!

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

That's why the setups are as middle of the road as possible and the cars are tested on various tracks that present various different circumstances. One setup for a car is not perfect for every situation. Seeking it is fantasy. One driver might think a car oversteers too much on entry, change the front wing, have it work well on that particular track, only to find it understeers at high speed at another.. The next driver the opposite.

There are tooltips at the bottom of the setup screen that discuss the effects of setup changes to the cars. If you are having an issue with a particular car at a particular track, create a forum post about it. im sure many people would be happy to help.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really hate to say this, I really do but, I spoke way too soon! Got way over excited after just a lap last night in a car where I know the tire compounds are screwed up and thought it had been fixed, but i was too tired for proper testing and had to go to bed (as im under the weather). Today did proper test in all cars I could think of that have messed up tire compounds i.e. Slicks faster than Wets in the wet and.... Nope, nothings changed. Have to be totally honest, im massively dissapointed. Having slicks working better in wet than wet tires is like having a kettle that freezes the water instead of boiling it. Its the most serious issue with the sim by far atm, especially when its on cars that only came out recently like the F-USA (yep, try it, compounds are screwed up!). Anyway gunna go check out the new formula Ultimate as that seemed like fun (from the small go I had in it last night (feck is it fast!). I like the new track, did a few laps round it last night. I like the3se airfield tracks, they're a real challenge, you can totally see how folks get lost easily on the Top Gear test track IRL, its so flat and devoid of reference points, you really have to work on finding the best line, good stuff!
    Heres to hoping that the tire thing is just not in the beta but will be in the coming update. Right, im off to try that F car and the new Stock car!

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

what cars? The carcass revisions only apply to the Ulitmates and SC 20-22.

6. Tarmac Terrorist

Yeah I know, but I was just hoping this issue may have also been sorted. I guess don't worry too much as Crimson Essence has assured me its being worked on, just hope its in the next full update as its massively important. As for cars, F-USA cars, Some F Retro cars I think, GT1's. Take them out on a test day at a short track like Silverstone national (short so you dont have to spend ages on each lap) make sure its medium rain but also a wet track, get some consistent lasp in on both tire sets, you'll find your lap times will be pretty much the same on either Hard Slicks, or Wets (sometimes ever so slightly faster on the hards).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

guess ACC and AC+CSP+SOL is your thing. REIZA won t mess up with those sims. It s another playground here.
    I m far away from the sims mentioned above where u need a 5K RiG and a luxury GPU.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

This is a great sim with some features that the other sims mentioned simply don't have, having said that there's no sim yet that can't be improved. I have them all (apart from iracing, its the only one i've not tried yet). I don't agree that AMS2 just needs GT3 cars to compete, even if AMS2 had no GT3 cars at all I'd still love it because It has some cars & tracks the others don't, not that im complaining that it has GT3's at all, I race them alot! The FFB has gotten better and better over time but yes, its not up to say RF2 standards yet but thats pretty much gold standard and has the highest Hz FFB of any sim so its hard to beat. AC actually runs better than AMS2 in terms of FPS, especially when it comes to turning on headlights, but yes ACC is a massive resource hog! What specs are you're system though? I may be able to help you with getting ACC to run better. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes and it's still in the works.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Tarmac Terrorist

Cheers mate, you're v good at keeping us informed! Sorry to bang on about it, I just got too excited too quickly, and its really important, im just an impatient bitch! I've had a cold shower now!

Oh btw, having said that, i've been trying to figure out which class of car to run a championship in and think its gunna be either GT3's or F3's as with quite alot of thurough testing i've found that 1. The tire compounds work as expected with these two classes and 2. The A.I. performace in wet and dry relative to yours is about the same, which is important as I wanna have some different weather conditions in the Champ. I did try the GTE's and although the tire compound work properly, the A.I. with these cars have a massive performace drop in the wet, they just slow right down.

Anyway i've got two class'es there that work well so im happy for the moment!:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

The Gen 2 is still a blast, but with this new ERS system I'd like to see a new dashboard on the steering wheel.
    It doesn't really offer any useful information, starting from the SoC. The bar on the HUD is really too small to keep track of the battery

12. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Somewhere in the trees in the upper left corner of the new track, the car will fall out of the map

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Out of curiosity, how did your car end up in the trees in the first place? :confused::D

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could it be that this update reset the head movement settings to zero? Can’t remember to have it at zero but don’t know which value I had. I noticed this when I tried the new track and even with “high speed shake” set to off I got extreme screen shaking with Indy Gen3 car. Then I found out that head movement at zero (with legacy mode on in VR) caused this…

15. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

True, I call that area haunted forest. :)
    Some of us like to explore the track areas. Galeao Airport has a huge area one can explore, unfortunately there's a bunch of spots where one can fall through the map.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

I wonder, could this be to do with choosing a different ERS setting than them? Also, what A.I. skill level are you running?

17. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

The Gen 2 is a blast to drive, thank you very much for the addition and the hard work involved, I hope the affected staff members stay safe.

It's great to have ERS management in car, it adds a lot to the strategy side of things.

I tested the car in a 50 lap race at Jerez (with chicane), and noticed the brakes start to fade 30 laps into the race, and lost all braking power 8 laps later showing severe damage and a pit stop required to fix them.

At this moment I don't know if it's a feature, a bug, or my driving style, because the Gen 1 car did the same on previous versions, regardless the brake duct openings (I set ducts to 60/50 by the way on this track, but tested 100/100 on the Gen 1 before with similar outcome on several tracks).

I will test at other tracks, but anyway I wonder why those carbon fiber brakes didn't last an entire F1 race. I can try babysitting them, but the lap time loss would be massive against the AI, who doesn't seem to be affected in the same way the player does.

Any hint about that will be welcome. Thanks, and keep the good work.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni @CrimsonEminence just out of curiosity: with the F-Ultimate does the AI use different ERS modes and/or different engine modes during the races?
    Being able to set specific buttons for ERS is a good thing, could it be possible to implement an option to set buttons to change engine mode as well?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

It absolutely is not necessary to have a monster pc to run these games though. I have to say AMS 2 runs the best put of these at high settings but ACC and AC with CSP and Sol/Pure easily give me 75+ fps in every case after a bit of tweaking around with the settings. I'm sure most people only look for 60 fps too so there's even more room for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Hi, not OP but in my testing at Jerez, I was a lot faster on the straights even with the balanced setting on the ERS, 105 AI skill, 60 aggression.

I was faster, and the sleapstream effect was really big, so a lot speed difference at the end.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1