1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

ARB and brake-balance doesn't do enough to stabilize the car with low wing, but lowering the rear damper/rebounds helped a lot to stabilize it for the hairpins. I had better results with the wing at 3 since it's easy to loose time in the 'S' with lowest wing including less exit speed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Jiminy. Right back at you, but I wouldn't go that far regarding my knowledge. The crux really is just peeling back the observed onion and/or solving a possible setup problem before jumping to conclusions.

Everyone just watch your tone with everyone is my advice for this weekend, enjoy the updates. :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

What I wanted to point out is a tendency to explain problems away by pointing to things like setup or tire behaviour. There is a difference between a reply like "these tires don't handle some forces well; try more shortshifting" and a reply like "this is something others have reported as well and seems a little excessive to me, too, might need another look, as we currently aren't sure why the car does this".

One implies you are satisfied with the current situation, one implies you are not. That's the whole difference. Whether the aforementioned car behaviour is due to a physics flaw or some other issue is neither my point nor my expertise, as long as we're agreeing it's not quite how it should be.

Which is why I was not so understanding to then get called out for making anti-helpful comments, as I didn't feel like I was responsible for finding the underlying issue/cause of the car's behaviour.

Of course some people's opinion should be valued more than others, which I'm sure they are, too. If someone involved with the physics of AMS2 or someone who drives the actual car says something, that is more valuable feedback than someone like me saying something, because it comes with more expertise.

However, when there's a staff member reply to some of these concerns that reads like they aren't actually considered a concern (maybe that was not what you wanted to say and therein lies the misunderstanding), I don't think it's unreasonable to consider that reply Reiza's stance on whatever is being discussed.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please re-consider your stance on that whole matter and leave it be.

Nobody is talking anything away, things are just not as simple as you believe them to be. Elaborating on feedback is completely fine, but questioning things you have no insight of, while you are directly accusing guys that actually work on physics and tires, of making excuses and of not admitting something...This stops here! That's neither respect- nor helpful at all.

Side note:
    I'm one of the internal guys, always critizising and checking on the Stock Car 202x and i can assure, that these cars weren't seen as "complete" and neither was feedback ignored/talked away.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now heres an interseting thing! Anyone else notice this?
    I could be wrong but, porpoising actually seems to be happening!
    But the way to induce it is not what you'd think...

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Here's an interesting test people should try with the F-Ultimates: select rich fuel mix & qualify ERS mode and see how many laps ERS will last at different tracks.

7. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Erm, I think when I was mucking around at Monza I got just over a lap in with ERS on Quali, did'nt try adjusting fuel mix though. I like you're thinking there!

• Like Like x 1
  8. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1.8 laps at Monza. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

In Nurburgring GP iirc I got around 3-4 laps (depends on whether or not I spun at turn 12 lol), my laptimes were around low 1:29/high 1:28.

It's an interesting test to try, depending on how many braking zones & how much time you spend on full throttle that can change ERS strategy for the race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dshaughnessy

Dshaughnessy New Member

First of all, just want to say a huge thank you to the Rezia team, this has quickly become my favorite sim by far, I race exclusively in VR and the game looks and feels absolutely beautiful and continues to get better every update. I'm really enjoying the changes in the current beta, especially the ERS modes, this has added another layer to an already amazing experience.

A couple of small feature requests and a question-

First can we possibly get a control mapping for fuel mode increase/decrease the way we now have for ERS? It would be great to not have to use the ICM to adjust fuel mode, I've got plenty of spare buttons on my wheel for it :)

Second I really particularly enjoy the F1 style cars, is there any way we can get options to enforce modern F1 rules for pit stops ie Must use at least two tire compounds, no refueling etc? I can make myself follow them but it would be great to be able to set these for the AI/in multiplayer/ championships etc

And lastly one question that I haven't wanted to test for fear of getting like 45 laps into a 53 lap race and the AI all running out of fuel - If no refueling is enforced, is the AI smart enough to toggle their fuel modes to ensure they don't run out of fuel over a long distance race? I can enforce no refueling on myself (and prefer it for the time gains as fuel weight drops), but I didn't want to try and set that for the AI only to find them running out over a full distance F1 race.

Thank you so much for everything you've done and all the amazing work to make this game as awesome as it is, I can't wait to see what the rest of this year will bring!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem here is your choice to interpret ambiguity as some type of dismissal. I made a generalized statement of fact about tires and techniques to mitigate it, I did not assert any conclusion about the SCB's tires or whether they are correct or incorrect.

I read as many comments I can find about car behavior. I tend to encourage setup exploration and driver technique first simply to remove variables than to immediately blame the boogie man "physics", which is one simple word that people use, but in reality is an entire rubric of complexity.

So far in this thread you have misinterpreted what I wrote, read it in a completely different way than what was intended, and now you are quite literally quoting what you were to say if you were...me?

Beta access and driving WIP cars is not for everyone. If you have an observation, make your observation and leave it be. Harassing staff to validate your opinion is not what beta access is for.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

No refuel for races can be set in the race weekend settings, when setting up a session. (Race settings)
    Virtual fuel calculation in the setup menue is a bit wonky still. You should be able to survive a full GP distance with rich engine mode actually. In my testing i had to pit at Lap 55 (so 3 laps over target for a GP there) to refuel the car. (F-Ultimate Gen2)

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Still seems to be some weird braking issues. Had a race tonight on the new circuit with the ginetta supercup and even with brake pressure at 70% and brake bias at 64:36 it is weird. Brake hard in a straight line then ease off the brakes into the corner then hit them again at very low speed and start turning and the car just wants to loop around. Does something similar when trying to gently brake into a high speed turn when not braking in a straight line. This has been an issue with a number of cars for a while. Haven't had this issue in other sims

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

I want to emphasize this guys.

If you have something to report on beta content, please try to do it as dispassionate as possible and i know it's difficult (struggling with it myself sometimes). But take a breath and then take the keyboard first. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

Expect these things to become less over time, now. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Dshaughnessy

Dshaughnessy New Member

Thanks for letting me know re no refueling - I thought there might already be an option for it but couldn't remember. Would still be great to get enforcement of at least 2 different tirre compunds as an option for realism :)

For fuel calculation, there are definitely some tracks where you will run dry if you do a full GP on rich mix, I tested on Monza and needed to pit (would have been about 13 Liters short for full distance), which is why I asked about the AI - it may not make a difference on some tracks but it definitley will on others (which also speaks to the awesome level of realism in this sim :) )

17. CrimsonEminence

Okay good to know, i didn't run Monza yet actually! I guess Lift&Coast will not bring these 13 laps indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Yes very good if you care to do such tests :). Internal testing will also find out need for per track tuning in the case you run out of juice/per lap limit on a qual lap. For what it's worth balanced and build will work at any track more or less and the aggressive modes simply run out before the end of the lap if it's heavy on energy.

Apropos of nothing: the original post from Renato contains explanation for track to track ERS state of charge differences. And the difference can be quite drastic.

Be that as it may one of the variables could still be wrong and cause unrealistic SoC balance. Really difficult to say what is realistic though as we're talking about key competitive advantages in real life hybrid race car engineering and it varies from car to car.

That aligns with my testing where there's about 20% left at the finish line (start from 100%, switch to qual mode at Curva Alboreto). But crucially it just runs out of the per lap ES -> MGU-K allowance at the finish line.

Wowzer, how do you manage that :D?

19. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If memory serves lol... A lot can happen in 24hrs lol... Maybe I was in the race in attack mode instead? Will double check later, sry!

20. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Still no chance to make custom liveries for the Gen 2?

• Like Like x 2