1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

MP? Hahaha… .you fool

2. MJP10

MJP10 Member AMS2 Club Member

If you're fairly new to it (edting the xml)as I am, its been enjoyable trying the extremes of the values and experiment to find something fun, realistic and ultimatley challenging to race against.
    A few things I'm trying and sticking with for now because I'm having too much fun, is*

- Avoidance of mistakes really low across for each driver (0.3 being around average) except your proposed 'better' drivers (which I set around 0.6)

- Avoidance of forced mistakes I set again similar but slightly higher ratings (0.45)and again different for more skilled ai drivers(0.7ish)

- Start reactions pretty low for every driver (0.3 who doesnt want to drive through plumes of smoke in VR, its honestly so fun and I feel much more realistic that 19(etc) other cars all starting pretty perfectly)

- Consistency pretty low for the worse drivers on the grid and only having the top few cars or special ai drivers have very high

- Aggression I'm toying with at high for every driver to force them to finish off and commit to passing which they often dont, this helps a bit.

- blue flag conceding high (0.9) to force ai to pass they sometimes get get in the way too easy and lead cars get stuck behind lapped cars

- ai highest race skill is 0.99 and lowest is 0.2 or round about those numbers and in game race skill set to 100 with aggression at 50 so it uses the higher custom values from my xml

I know its all pretty low and means there is a few AI errors during a race but it feels right somehow... Its early with my current ai grid and it could lead to too many mistakes from ai but pressuring the ai in front into a mistake, or come around a corner and find another ai recovering from going wide... It all makes it feel a lot more... humano_O, and exciting. These settings will all come down to personal taste though for sure, these are all my own findings and they may differ from someone elses.. But being able to tune the gameplay making it feel different for each class, is such a great thing. customising the f ultimate gen2 grid, car setup, throwing it around silverstone, spa, finishing even mid table every race and its pure joy... When I came 5th from starting 15th, with the racing intense, back and fourth, both ai and myself making mistakes into braking zones and too much power out the corners and passing eachother until the last corner, it all feels so engaging and immersive and so enjoyable

*note this is in the F-ultimate Gen2, Gen1 & V10 Gen2. I normally do 20 laps races to test, with accelerated (time depending on class) tyre and fuel to force pitstop and some semblance of that side of racing strategy. God I'm having so much fun.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant Member

I thought they want to test enough the qual mode this way. They maybe change this when they have enough data about qual mode. It is really enjoyable car to drive in any case.

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's cool, thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

@CrimsonEminence @oez Max and Saxo Thanks for input yesterday Re default TT gen 1 f1.
    I have closed the enquiry. It was my :oops: eyesight! seeing ghosts not spanners.
    My apology.
    odd that not all ghost's show.

6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same, I noticed I beat my old TT times by 1-2 seconds as well, some even faster than the pre-TT reset/physics patch. The Gen 2 is almost as fast as my old Gen 1 bests on a few tracks. The ERS improvements have definitely helped, but IMHO the tyres feel much predictable now on the Gen 1.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Why in Formula Ultimate Gen2 are there 24 liveries and not 20? It's not possible to select specific liveries in AMS2.

8. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

John did to.!
    AMS 2
    Interlagos

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We're expecting the possibility of Andretti and VW/Porsche in the next year or two.
    It is possible to use specific liveries if you use custom AI files with custom field size. It's possible, for example to run one MP4/12 (F-V10 Gen1) against 23 F-V10 Gen 2s in a "multi-class race".

10. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Could be possible in future to select the first 20 liveries in f-ultimate gen 2 and not custom random ai liveries? It would be a nice addition

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Romeo Foxtrot

Romeo Foxtrot Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's possible today.

Stick the attached file in your custom AI drivers folder, pick one of the last four cars and choose 20 opponents or choose one of the first 20 and choose 19 opponents. The talent is based loosely on today's standings.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just wanted to say (and I love it every time I can say this!). Bravo Reiza, Bravo! I've found another seemingly little improvement to the sim burried somewhere in the last couple of updates, and it wasn't even in the patch notes! (Or I've missed it somehow). Anyway it's a made a massive improvement to me! I can now add another class of car to my list of classes that would work well in a full Championship, with changing conditions. Bravo, you've made my muthfudging day!!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully the Brazilian Stockcar driver that gave feedback on the car tries the new 2022 car as Reiza has corrected the most significant issue he raised in his video. A blast to drive.
    If AMS2 begins doing series online like iRacing are doing or RF2 and R3E then I really hope this is one of the main series.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The new Ultimate is getting most of the spotlight (and it's deserved!) but just a quick word to say how great the new Stock Car 2022 feels in term of physics. I've spent some quality time with it in several 30 mins AI races (with 10x time accel and variable weather) on faster tracks with fast curbs and at least a long straight such as: Road America, Silvertstone 1991, VIR, older Hockenheim, ...
    P2P really adds a dynamic element in these races.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes the F1 car (don't sue me) is a real improvement. I made a different thread on how the tires in general feel in AMS2 and that it felt like the transition between grip levels was too jarring. This car is definitely a few steps above that and it feels really good. Whatever they have done, I am liking it a lot.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If that iRacing-like scheduled races happen in AMS2, I'm 100% sure the prime motorsport category in the country will figure as the main series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

He did it before the real race at Galeão and had nothing but positive things to say about it.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Daniel Escalona

Daniel Escalona Member

Good job Reiza! I'm glad to see that you guys have given some love to the Copa Classic, a category not very popular here but one that I especially like because it is the closest thing to what a mortal like me has experienced in real life, since I used to race at a semi-professional level with Chevettes, Unos and Beetles (known in Brazil as Fusca) in South America years ago. I hope that at some point you take the time to improve the cockpit textures and other details, as well as the liveries (somewhat ugly for my taste) and especially something that I dream of being revamped: engine sounds! I still can't understand why these cars from such varied models and manufacturers continue to share the same generic source sound.
    Or maybe these cars use the same engine in the Brazilian competitions? If anyone knows, I'd appreciate any comment.
    Either way, thanks Reiza for the hard work on my favorite simulator
    Keep going!

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

It's great to see that our modding friends are doing such an awesome job immediately starting after the release of the F-Ultimate Gen2.

A complete grid of liveries is now available on racedepartment.com released by user
    "kennymcyd"

Many thanks to him for giving us the "real" driving feeling, though the liveries are not 100% identical to the real ones but much more immersive than the generic ones.

Video is ready to watch in the videos thread.
    Need. More. Videos! C'mon guys!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

fake hype above. Sry most fictional skins. Be patient RL skins drops in peu a peu by „soldier93“ and „sound huterez“.

• Like Like x 1