1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2022 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 2, 2022.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

This would fit quite well in AMS2

• Like Like x 11
  2. Apex

Apex Active Member

Late '80s could be fun for some swan song Mulsanne mayhem, and we already have the Group C cars. I do feel, however, that the 32 car limit impedes the full Le Mans experience. To me Le Mans is very much about dodging traffic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. wan

wan New Member

My game wont update to version 1.3.5.1 how do i fix this i have verified the files went into update section and there's no beta available please advise a fix for this

4. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If i am correct hte versionnumer is incorrect. Your game has been updated, tho

5. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

i always read people wanting Le Mans, but you need the cars to go with it.

After some time off from racing, i must say the new F1 car is amazing, i like the ERS managing, which opens the door hopefully for some hybrid LMP/HYPERCAR.

I also had some fun with karts, and it would be really nice to have a proper indoor kart track with some cool lighting etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

welcome back. Are u OK?

• Like Like x 1
  7. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Im doing alright. Thanks for asking. Hope you do too

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

We already have an indoor kart track and prototype cars suitable for Le Mans. I think that's why you were asked.

Not that more variety and content isn't always better, but your comment was a bit curious.

9. VicThorEme

VicThorEme New Member

¿Cuándo se realizarán las carreras diarias programadas?
    Gran trabajo y felicitaciones a los desarrolladores!

10. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

Le Mans and Group C…can life as a Sim Racer get any better??? I think not!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Bannochbrae is a beautiful track in pCars and one of my favorites. It's got everything, mountains, hills, water and bridge. I do wish they ported over...don't care if it's fictional.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

J'aime conduire des voitures de groupe B et RX sur Bannochbrae. Les SMS c'est bien pour créer des pistes : La Havane is very good

• Like Like x 1
  13. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

even if it is only virtual, I loved this track as well. At Maggie's with full throttle through…

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mugello

• Like Like x 3
  15. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Maybe some more group C cars.. There is a lot waiting to be modelized and added.. this is a fun Category but only two available today .. but I understand you want to have balanced catégories to avoid a one type full grid. Not easy choices. Mazda, jaguar or toyota were great group C car

What I was hoping to see is more online session fixes and a clear licence point régulation system.

There is a lot of small fixes that can make the online session more enjoyable.
    Lot of session when reaching the 2 min countdown you cannot joint as a racer anymore even this is still référenced as in Q on the main board. Sometimes loosing 10min to find a session I can join.

Is the session BAN driver button actually Working ?
    Some session, especially not rated, are zoo.

Small cosmetic issue is all the flag messed Up in some waiting board.

The CONTINUE bt that is not responding ( even it is better than before)

From Time to Time you cannot adjust car's parameters. It available but when you Click, values doesn't change. Mostly Gears and rear Drive train. If for whatever reason you cannot change it, which is ok, it should not let the impression you could.

A overall feeling that 80s 90s cars are instable or very slipery from the rear ... Some RWD are almost impossible to drive whitout sliding like as soon you touch the gaz pedal as the DTM in particular.
    I ve Seen these car on action IRL and seems different. But I understand this is subjective
    My way to see it : Physics model don't have to be 100% real but they have to feel real.

I m playing this game exclusivly on VR, which is one of the most VR optimized game on my humble opinion, and There is gap on some models you can see the road through the Floor which can be a bit disturbing during Night when light come from it.

Overall I m enjoying a lot this game with a great diversity of car, so thanks for the hardwork to entertain us. I can not wait for futur improvment and content.

16. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

LeMans in real life happens this weekend, will we see a surprise from Reiza???

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

NO!:D

18. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My guess is that the 6th Premium DLC pack will arrive no sooner than 2023, possibly being Le Mans and together with the teased Nissan prototypes. Alternatively, it may arrive earlier as part of the rest of Racin' USA if it's a track relevant to that content.

19. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

So, as the next development update is probably still another month or so away, let's evaluate the plan presented in this:

This is probably still happening, I guess. I'd expect this to arrive within the next three months, as this sounds actually quite doable by then, even if it's a massive undertaking.
    I frankly don't expect this to happen this year, because:
    This is honestly not possible. We have: Supercars DLC, Adrenaline (off-road) DLC, Brazilian GP Legends DLC, another Racin' USA DLC and the final premium track pack DLC included in these.
    That would mean that we'd have a new DLC arriving almost every month from now. That is oversaturation at its best and the issue is that some of these DLC, especially the Adrenaline one and the Racin' USA Pt. 3, also include the development of features like offroad physics and Safety Car procedures. I'd also expect a Brazilian GP Legends DLC to at least arrive with a period accurate points system for championship mode.

Tbh I'm not even sure that this could be done until mid-2023. Probably we're going to see another season pass extension so that it includes everything that couldn't be released until the end of 2022.

As this is a feature related DLC that includes a track variant previously not included in the game, I'm doubtful this is going to happen as they say it does. After all, Racin' USA Pt. 2, after being "released" in November, also took four more months to be actually complete. So, probably another September/October release at the earliest?

I'm excited for this one. There are a few great tracks that were sadly left out of the other DLCs and that would be a great addition to the game.
    My personal wishlist would be:

Mid-Ohio
    Circuit of the Americas (that would be the only all-Tilke track in the game and for that alone be of value, as that guy plays a huge role in modern track design, like it or not)
    Road Atlanta

Not so sure about cars, as I'm not that into american motorsports, but a F-USA Modern would be a great addition to the game in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

There's only one thing I want: a full UK/Ireland track calendar. Brasil is sort of completed. Imagine: Anglesey, Knockhill, Combe, Croft, Mondello, Mallory, Thruxtron, etc. <3

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2