1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Good luck with the new file mate .
    Yes it's strange really , I tried lowering the settings you suggested previously but they didn't make any difference . One thing to note , the wheel does go light when losing grip in wet conditions but when in dry it takes extreme slides before I feel any reduction in wheel weight . I still much prefer this file to the default ones as they ( for my setup) are the total opposite as in they lose all weight far to easily even with a mild steering angle into a mid speed corner !
    Enjoy your weekend anyway and thanks for the files you have posted .

• Like Like x 1
  2. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought the same thing as well with the wheel getting overly light too quickly when grip is lost. I've made some changes to the default 5.0.4 file in the area of slip_crossover to push out the grip loss feeling a bit and I like it on my DD1. Give it a try if you like and I also did make some other changes in there as well. Nothing crazy though.

One thing I do have turned off is tear_scale but I left a note next to that area with the default setting in 5.0.4.

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Oh excellent thanks . Sorry if this is an obvious question but what does tare scale do ?

4. mdecker79

tear_scale adds a bit of 'stuff' like oscillations when the wheels are tearing along the ground. So when you are under steering a lot you feel it in the wheel or when your tires are spinning you also feel it in the wheel. So if your rears are spinning the wheel will oscillate slightly back and forth to let you know they are spinning.

I have shakers which add vibrations when the wheels are tearing like that so it was over kill for me. I also feel it's a bit muddy on the edge of grip so it's just my preference. Try it both ways and just update the line that says (tear_scale 0.0) to the default of the file which is 0.3

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Will try that , thanks very much .

• Like Like x 1
  6. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hello Aza! I think her concern can be fixed with 2 values. As I said, I won't be able to test it until tomorrow. (slip_crossover_pos needs to be reduced, maybe to 0.1) The process needs to start faster. (slip_crossover_line1_slope can be greatly increased(Maybe 0.5 or 0.6 or 0.7?) The slip and grip value is thereby shortened. It should go because I have changed the slide values in version 27. Try it, it is of course only a theory of mine greetings:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Danielkart

Hello. Their approach is right with tear_scale although I need it a little for myself. I also own Buttkicker and NLR-Motion and Vr. But keep in mind that a small portion of people own this extra immersion hardware. Also my tests with the custom file are always without this hardware. But their way of thinking and their idea is in any case right greetings:)

8. GWiz

GWiz New Member

I've been trying out various of the custom FFB files here and thus far find I get the best feeling with my simucube using Danielkart's DD file. The only problem I have with it is when you spin out on tarmac, ending sideways across the road (Happens occasionally with my driving!), there is a very large force that goes through the steering wheel just before you come to a standstill. It's enough to rip the wheel out of your hands. Any idea what setting to adjust to lower this?

Also to note, there is quite a small window of adjustment between the AMS2 in game settings of Gain and FX where you can quickly go from too little to too much. Really each file needs a lot of testing to get these fine tuned per custom file before you can reasonably compare one custom file to another. Lots more driving to do!

Finally, 'tear' was kindly explained above, but what is the difference between 'tear' and 'scrub'?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Hi Kuku,
    Is this still the one you use with your alpha mini?

10. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Not quite, I still run the 5.0.1 file as a base, but have developed it a little more to have more control and weight , smoother tire feel and more grip feel , I felt most of the files needed some attention after the last update, and I’m holding off posting as I would like to see how it goes with the next update as confirmation.

11. Danielkart

After strong adjustments of the slip_crossover values in combination with slide, lfb and scrub changes I will post my V28 Custom file right away. The result is very harmonious, low vibration and above all excellent tire feel. I think the custom file is now at a very good level. Of course, Karsten or Reiza will bring new and good changes again, then you will react to them again. If some people like it, the work was worth it. Custom to follow:)

12. Danielkart

Of course, the file can always be changed according to personal taste, it should only be a good basis. I will also soon post a custom file on this basis by Michael Enright. But with its adjustments for the CSW 2.5. I think this could be exciting for the belt owners. I would like to thank Michael very much for his cooperation:) Here first my dd Custom file

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Rob Davies

Rob Davies Bobby Dazzler AMS2 Club Member

Wait, is this what I think it is?

Ability to reload FFB when returning to pits so we can tune without restarting game?

im away this weekend - can anyone confirm in the release candidate branch?

Attached Files:

14. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Well I just tested your older file with the release candidate and it is absolutely bloody fantastic! The Gt cars (tested the GT1/GT3/GT4/GTE and porsche Cup are all incredible in combination with your FFB file on my alpha mini. I find the older cars: Group A / porsche RSR a bit sluggish, perhaps because of the difference in tire model.

The only very minor complaint is that there is still some very small high frequency vibration in the FFB which seems to be absent from the default+ FFB.

Nevertheless I am very happy with your custom file it makes the FFB much more believable over the in-game FFB.

15. Danielkart

Hey Rob! I don't think it's meant for that. But I hope I'm wrong that would be fantastic for the ffb tuning:)
    Regards

16. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Crimson posted this about it:

FFB always resets to the definitive state that is set for your controls on a redundant base, so it's assured that no funky stuff is happening after pausing and returning to pits. It assures, that you don't have any "leftovers" from driving before pausing and reverting to the pits, when starting to drive again. So you always start fresh with a fully pristine state of FFB out of the garage.

I've read it a couple of times and still don't know 100% what it means but it sounds like FFB can go a bit odd when driving and now gets reset whenever you return to the pits.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Zolazem

Zolazem Member AMS2 Club Member

I’m confused where to find the most recent files?

18. Danielkart

If you have a dd1/2 on this page above. If you have a belt base I can recommend the Stakanov files

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Zolazem

Zolazem Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Daniel the file feels great on my DD :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. mdecker79

I've also made some updates to the default 5.0.4 file for a DD and took some ideas from Daniel as well.

I've adjust the slip_crossover a bit more so it only goes a bit lite right when the wheels have lost grip and the car starts to slide.

Just another flavor for others to try is all.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1