1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.5.1 Officially RELEASED - Now Updated to v1.3.5.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 6, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think a mp steward should click a button to deploy or call in a safety car

Last edited: Apr 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1. Kerbs are changed over time as the circuits need maintenance and corners are resurfaced.
    2. Assetto Corsa kerb behaviour is not realistic in general.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Yeah AC's single point empirical tyre model is really trashy over the kerbs

5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

. Nice vid as usual Billy. Yes what I miss on the green hell is the graffiti, its always had it for many years and although it changes any graffiti would be nice to see in ams2. ( it was said some time ago that its all chalk, i would disagree with that because some has been there for years. below is this year and current graffitti, some obviously been there for years
    Graffitti please Dev track team. :) 1 day, maybe , pls,:):)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I did a trackwalk around Nords a couple months ago and I can confirm that most of it is chalk. When you see something more permanent it's usually paint that wasn't removed right away but had the surface layer quickly scrubbed off so that section of tarmac regains its grip, the reason being that most of these paintings are done during the season and the track staff doesn't have the time to deep clean it and since afterwards it doesn't influence the grip levels, they just let nature take it away over years. The only situation where the track staff will actually delete paint is when it's used to show "mature" content (your typical d1ck drawings).

I also (semi) disagree that the track isn't dirty enough. Do remember that Nords is closed to cars from mid-November to mid-March. The track becomes very dirty with fallen branches and pinecones but it does receive a thorough clean-up before the season starts and that it is then subject to half a year's weather conditions.
    What I mean with this is that in mid-march the track is usually very clean and that over the months it grows dirtier, especially near the end of summer when there's less rain to clean the track. But overall I think the current version serves as a good average between its cleanest and dirtiest state.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Maser V6

(it does look a little sterile though!) Cool, (I know your a big fan !! ) Have you driven it? if so whats our version like.
    I love the place and Billys vid just reminds me I need to re-visit in some ams2 beastie

8. Shriukan

Well the AMS2 version isn't a snapshot of the graffiti at a certain point but mostly an imagining of what it could be. The drawings and tags constantly change anyway. I think it is not too far off from reality in that sections near parking/viewing spots are more graffiti heavy than hard to reach spots, which is also the case IRL. Again, I feel it is at a good average between its more bare state (start of season) and more drawn state (around the 24h races).

The environment map is also not too far off from the real thing with dense vegetation areas correctly dimming the amount of light and properly leaving the track humid for longer periods of time (which goes to show how awesome LiveTrack can be). Open areas giving view to neighbouring cities are not 1:1 but the cities are there in the distance. Buildings around the track are for the most part there and close to 1:1. The track team did an amazing job recreating the feel I must say.

One final thing about the track feel I must say though (and this goes for -any- recreation) is that it doesn't do justice to the inclination of certain sections, which isn't a fault with the recreation, but simply a limitation of what we see on a screen.

Ex-Mühle has the most brutal inclination with maybe a 20m rise over tops 100m but the most brutal section to walk is the unrelenting 300m ascenscion over 5km from Bergwerk to Hohe Acht. Another corner that caught me off is Pflanzgarten (the one with the jump). I always perceived it as being downhill into the jump and that the corner went slightly uphill when in reality the jump is on a flat section turning into another big ascenscion.
    All in all, the trackwalk was amazing but my hips were killing me by the end. I started at the Sabine Schmitz corner so the first 9kms took me 1 hour 45 minutes but Bergwerk was the start of the pain (had to take a 30min break mid-way), all the way back, taking my sweet ass time from the Gantry to the Dunlop bridge. Total time: 4 hours 45 minutes

Furthermore, the kerbs are also quite accurate. The big trapezoidal kerbs are actually massive and they all have the same size (I couldn't measure them but I'd say the were anywhere from 25cm to 30cm high when laying flat on ground-level), being just laid shallower or deeper, depending on the kerb's attack angle. When they refresh a certain section during winter maintenance they will usually set the kerbs at a shallower angle (bigger attack angle) because over the years they will slowly sink in, making them easier to attack.

I have not driven it yet but my first outing will be soon on the 9th of May for TF from 17:15 to 19:00. I'll be taking my little 1L remapped EcoBoost Fiesta (150hp/250N.m) with semi-slicks and sport brake kit to start building my confidence (especially in the bigger braking zones). In the future I'll most likely go for sport coils and dampers. The even farther future might bring ARBs and chassis stiffening/anti-flex braces. xD

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Friendly x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
  9. Maser V6

Agreed I do thinks the version is very good, can be said also for most tracks in the sim.
    I feel this as well "sims in general have a limiting fact when it comes to the 'feel' and 'sense' of elevation changes, visually and in ffb. I do recall though not so much now the FFB weight change in AMS 2 (Brands hatch/Bathurst etc) Its there and maybe some fiddling with settings will help.
    Nice reply and informative. Hope you enjoy your outing when you get there in your Ford. edit ! dont forget the Go-pro!
    Thanks.

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Exception is VR, it can make a big difference there. Corkscrew at Laguna with spatial awareness might feel "a bit" different in the sim. (Not driven that track by myself in VR ever but experienced elevations in VR in general and it's quite different than a monitor there).

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Kerbs are a problem AC in general, not in accuracy but in terms of the physics, hit an inside kerb and it pulls you to the inside rather than pushing you out. One of AC's little querks, every sims got one!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shriukan

Haha the GoPro already has its socket ready to film. I intend to run it with GPS on so I can put a track and speed overlay on top ^^

• Like Like x 3
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm V jealous, and would love to see the video of your lap!!

14. Shriukan

As Renato would put it :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You gotta race more in VR in ams2 at some point...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sims Alabim

Sims Alabim Member AMS2 Club Member

The corkscrew at Laguna Seca is pretty crazy in VR! I'm a musician, and have spent countless hours on tour being drunk, stupid and upside down in a ****ty van/bus/car. Motion sickness just isn't a thing! I can happily report i'm having split seconds of discomfort at the Laguna Seca corkscrew, every time! That's a sign of QUALITY :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shriukan

upload_2022-4-30_16-48-8.png

Of course if you go for a full on thick layer of paint... then this happens.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh boy, the things I've seen in tour buses.

Drivers who projectile vomited, one guy who lifted weights WHILE DRIVING, a driver who hit something every night (he lasted 3 days before getting fired), our bus on national news as the person leasing it got arrested, a country artist running off with our bus for weeks, waking up to the bus up in smoke from a blown turbo, the towing company proceeding to break the drive shaft, and having fly a replacement one in across the country with a stranger...

If you find yourself a good bus driver, do everything you can to keep them. Your sleep schedule will be super grateful they didn't ride the rumble strips all night.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Ah, a series of ridiculously incompetent drivers, or as they're more commonly referred to: a public lobby

20. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Except instead of ruining your race, you're trusting them with your life. :eek: