1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

So this car is already now as stable as suspension changes can make from stock setups? There is no adjustment of ARB or springs left, already soft on rear and hard on front as can be? Is this how it is irl?

2. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup agree really twitchy on start finish straight and curbs but over 1 sec per lap quicker at kylami historic now!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Oh oh :eek:

4. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Essentially, yes. All of the GT4s are now modeled as closely as possible as their RL counterparts. As close, if not the closest, in sim racing.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Loving the update. The Porsche cup sounds amazing, and overall the cars are behaving really nicely, specially in corner exits. It feels great to feel the car losing the rear and being able to quickly recover it :)

The only small thing I’ve observed is that the F-Ultimate G2 still feels a little OP. I am far from an alien, but still I’m doing 1:42’s at Spa.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Most of the cars are a bit too fast for their IRL counterparts, but some of that can also be down to how much grip the track has. A real track is constantly evolving and changing due to wear, weather, changes, rubber, etc. Just between 2021 and 2022 the laptimes at Long Beach improved by 2-3 seconds in the IRL IndyCar race there simply from track repair and conditions.

I do have to agree with you, though. With the Formula Ultimates at Azure (Monaco) it's easy to set laps faster than the real track record. The ERS tweaks seemed to give 1-2 seconds compared to the original implementation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The tire behavior is really improved. This update for me has been fantastic. grip loss and re-grip feels very organic now in every car I have tried.

Thank you for your dedication to getting it right guys. Not trying to be a jerk or anything but I can only imagine how different things would be today if this is the way the game was initially released. People will come around though. They already are.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Kuku Maddog

Yup, my load cell plate has split into two pieces :(

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It always seems to happen when A.) a cool new update just comes out or B.) you finally get time blocked out for some dedicated sim racing lol. When you order a replacement, get two!

• Like Like x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah Loadcells shouldn't be that expensive and are wearing parts, so it might pay-off to order one more.

11. Kuku Maddog

I don’t know what I’ll do, it’s still drivable, and I’m not that up with how to install a new one , as it was part of a bolt on kit, that looks tricky to get into.
    It could be a good excuse to upgrade
    ,but options aren’t great in NZ, and prices are expensive, and we are in middle of expensive kitchen renovation. So might just soldier on.

For a moment I thought Reiza had fixed the brake’s being too easy to lock up lol. Because it worked…

12. CrimsonEminence

Braking should improve with the carcass updates too btw...

• Like Like x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yay, happy days, I can get back to championship racing again! My numero uno issue is now fixed!
    BTW what are flexible axles?
    Also does the change in tyres and physics fix the feeling of some cars having too much front grip and spinning out when braking hard?

14. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Very impressive changelog. Thank you for the hard work. Missing MULTIPLAYER section in it doesnt surprise me anymore.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
  15. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice update, the new stiffer carcasses have improved the excessive bouncing on the Porsche's and the overall handling of the cars updated.

Porsche cup sounds great, not a fan of how it handles, brakes and feels really heavy....slipping and sliding everywhere and takes a country mile to stop.

Nice to see the 2022 stockcar season updated in championship mode.
    How come there is no practice session available?

16. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni In fact, the problem of dry tires in the rain has improved, now it is not advantageous to continue with them, but I believe you took it easy with their grip review, because from the video you can clearly see that it is quite far from the real thing. never that the driver would be able to keep the car on the track in these slick conditions, LANDO NORRIS RUSSIA 2021.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Eddieo

Eddieo New Member

The ffb fade in and static wheel are great fixes. Are we able or will we be able to scrub/skip in replays yet? Alot of the enjoyment in a community comes from incident review post race so this is important to increase up take in communities. Many thanks

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. CrimsonEminence

You mean, like this?

But yeah, tire carcass changes also address imbalance issues, some cars had. Keep the reports coming, best way to test things is to get some mileage in with the revised cars. :)

Man, i've would shat my pants in that situation, not gonna lie. (and his braking looks relatively good on the G-meter in a corner before that incident, so it wasn't likely even his fault, he brakes properly, the car just decided to go "no" because "racetrack".)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Spot on, I think the car hunting at high speed might be related to the rotation, as you said it is way too sharp even on my DD1, even if i raise it to 1080 on my wheel it is still too twitchy

20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

ICM user created strategies still out of order. Why can't this ever be fixed?

It's great that there's an option to default and reset position after exiting ICM....this was sorely needed for macros. But the user created strategies still out of order once you went into the ICM and select them a few times. Developers need to understand that when it is out of order, it is rendered useless for running macros. The ONLY way I can run user created strategies using macros without fearing of being out of order is if I ONLY created one strategy, any more than that will prompt it to be out of order.