1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Dams

Dams Member

And still nothing for multiplayer

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Driven axles or half shafts have some torsional flex. This is mainly just part of the overall elastic driveline which consists of multiple stiff flex points that amount to noticeable flex when flexing together. Except with axles it means that it has some give independently per driven wheel. This is evident in the Super V8 which shows tiny rear wheel speed separation even though it has a locked diff.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

As an example here rear wheel speeds and slip. It's not much difference but you can see the wheels going separate speeds for the SuperV8 despite being a spool:
    whoa2.png
    This is a tiny difference, but it can be taken into account with torsional flex of the rear axles.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  4. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

"FFB profiles slots now reset on every return to pits."

Just ask what mean this?
    :)

5. CrimsonEminence

FFB always resets to the definitive state that is set for your controls on a redundant base, so it's assured that no funky stuff is happening after pausing and returning to pits. It assures, that you don't have any "leftovers" from driving before pausing and reverting to the pits, when starting to drive again. So you always start fresh with a fully pristine state of FFB out of the garage.

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Dampness on the track's braking zone caused the spin.

7. CrimsonEminence

And AMS2 has different grip levels on tracks aswell, it's not consistent for each corner :)

To be fair, the video example is an extreme one, but track state is a significant factor with Live Track.

But like mentioned, the carcass tweaks also have a positive influence on car balance and control.

• Like Like x 2
  8. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fantastic to see these types of physics revisions still going on for some of the cars. Really looking forward to some of the other cars getting new life breathed into them with similar attention (eg. Opalas ;))

• Like Like x 5
  9. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

I would love more off-line driving in attacking and defending for the AI but I realize it must be a nightmare to develop.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

As long as they don't swerve all over the place in an unpredictable manner like in AC and rF2(that's not what we mean by; "use the entire width of the track":p)
    I've been side-body-checked out of races so often in those titles.
    Be nice if they would maybe just defend the inside line and not act so "trainy".

If it was anything but incredibly difficult to get "right", any of the existing titles would have got it by now. Alas they're all flawed in some way.

I think I like RaceRoom the best when I can get their pace right.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, that's it. Good to know it may be improved there. Some of the cars also do it once you have scrubbed a lot of the speed off too, have noticed it in some of the caterhams for example, brake in a straight line, think you have the speed scrubbed so ease off the brakes then realise you need to brake more so brake hard and it just pirouettes

12. SonicSabre

SonicSabre Member

• Fixed an issue that would lead to incorrect session times being applied to non-race session on championship load
    So happy this has been fixed. Thanks Gents!
    Just need the performance issue related to headlights to be fixed and I can finally run some custom championships with real weather!

13. F1Aussie

Thanks for the explanations about flexible axles guys. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of minute detail that is coded and simulated. From our playing perspective we don't see it so unless it is explained like above we don't realise the detail you guys go to for our enjoyment.
    I personally would really love some sort of post every so often that actually explains these intricacies to us.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. uelas77

uelas77 Member

definitely another impressive update, almost reached 1700 hours, still u Reiza manage to put me a big smile! tried last night and this morning the release candidate (another approach that I like a lot), doing a lap around Nords with the GT1, still you're improving, really good and refined feel overall.

Also recently upgraded to LCM pedals, because my T3PA lost me just the morning of Imola GP (and managed to replace them before the GP started ehehe), and yes I've already known how much of an experience changing can be having some better built and designed gear, but pedals are so important for the overall feel, and now the experience with AMS2 is just really much more enjoyable.

Keep up with the good work guys, really thrilled about what's coming next!

Ps. also the "immersion" move with the F1 and 2022 Stock cars and Galeao, top move, rezpect

• Like Like x 5
  15. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Good update! I immediately noticed something I always thought was off was pretty much gone (that being that you could be in these strange (lateral? I don't know the terminology much) slides where it felt as though you were sliding but somehow gripping at the same time), and the way this was toned down locked me far more into the driving experience and made me feel far more in control of the cars.

The cars affected have all noticably changed in different ways: the F-Ult Gen 2 feels a fair bit more planted and inspires confidence under braking a lot more, the GT4s and GT1s feel lively yet in control, and the Super V8 feels like its AMS1 counterpart now (meaning it now has enough wheelspin to make a Shelby Cobra blush :p). The DPI went from possibly my favourite prototype in any sim to ABSOLUTELY my favourite too with this update so, yeah not a bad job Reiza!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The technical term for this is “glippy”.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

I wont be back until they fix multiplayer and add the american tp #3.....at the least. Sorry, not worth my time to race others in it's current state...and with minimal people there anyway. They should of taken care of the multiplayer long ago. Nice to see Reiza tweak everything...but not enough for me to come back just yet. Hope they do something soon on the online play aspect of AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

After logging in a few more miles, I think my consensus is honestly that this may be one of the biggest updates in terms of car feeling since 1.3's diff overhaul, I really can't overstate how much more natural and engaging the cars are now

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
  19. F1Aussie

Just had my first race on the update. Championship of course :D using the porsche cup 3.8 car.
    Unfortunately in rained in every session and I stuffed the brake duct setting but wow, no weird grip slide grip slide, car felt planted but would shake its booty around if you got a bit eager on the loud pedal and if it got into a slide it was controllable, most of the time, felt very believable.
    I felt like I could get confident that the car would not do anything weird with the grip slide thing. So very predictable in that respect.
    Ended up running a few laps in testing on the same track in the dry and I really love the feeling of these now, dare I say it it had that rf2 feel to it that people rave about, like it actually bites into the track surface now.
    I always felt these cars sounded good to but the update takes it next level. After driving I jumped onto YT to listen to some onboards and it sounded so similar, impressive!
    Out of curiosity are all cars getting these similar physics updates or are there some that do not need it?, Are there more cars to come with this as well?
    Great work as usual my favourite developer!

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On Fanatec you should use auto setting to match the car rotation. Other settings may be good or bad depending on the car IIRC...