1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My hope is that we get more of the same next month, focusing on open-wheelers and the remaining cars in preparation for a huge announcement in June...

Brilliant move as this is letting people re-discover the great content already in-game. The momentum has really picked up with AMS2! It's going to be a great sim racing summer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Every tire for every category will be receiving an audit, with varying degrees of updating depending on their original state. This phase of development was oriented around the carcasses and thus, required individual car default setups to go along with them.

Once this is done, expect tire development to continue. ie wet/damp/dry characteristics, compounds etc. However, these won’t require “reset to defaults”, so players can start confidently customizing setups for their favorite cars and really start to explore what the physics package of AMS2 offers.

• Like Like x 18
    • Informative Informative x 8
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That all sounds great! So does this mean that most of the improvement left in the physics is expected to come from tyres?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair points. The multiplayer needs attention 100% and part 3 is long overdue. For me, as long as I am seeing good improvement I am satisfied and even though I really want MP tp be fixed, the car handling is always priority 1 for me. Content I can be patient on as the stuff I like most is already in game.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

MP definitely needs some stability improvements now. A fair few times sessions have not started, or the lobby says it's in qualy but you can't join.

As more people start playing the sim now that the handing is getting better and better the flaky MP will stop them staying for longer.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

granted, the filter options are a start at least, but totally agree with you that it needs some work, especially to keep more people coming back indeed

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

Thank you Reiza for the release candidate and for your work! I have just a question: when will be implemented realistic tyre wear for f-ultimate gen 2 ? In my opinion soft tyres should last around 20-30 laps and should be similar between player and AI.

8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And, if the query supports it, can such a menu allow us to select multiple classes, please? E.g. if we want results from any class except 3 specific classes that we've omitted from our selection.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steelreserv

I can't comment specifically on that and it depends on your definition of 'physics', but if you've been following this game from the beginning as I have, we've tackled some deep 'physics' concerns recently. Specifically, the clutch plate differential, driveline and now tire (carcasses). Hopefully soon we can put the hammer and chisel down, and start using sandpaper....if that makes sense.

Regarding the default setup area of physics, the cars that have had their tire carcass updated, have all new suspensions now and we feel they are in a solid place, with most track to track adjustments or driving style adjustments handled by aero, camber, toe and arb (the most accessible setup options that even the most casual players can implement), yet still have the more complicated options open for those that want to experiment, learn or have a handle on (dampers, springs).

• Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

THNX REIZA! OP UPDATE! Step by Step improving and doing the magic.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. TKracer

TKracer Member

Okey! So tried the Porsche cup car around Long Beach - great bumpy combo in any car.

There is for sure reduced "bumpiness" in cars, the car feels more stiff and you can even hear the difference without the rev limiter jumping up and down as before over bumps.

The actual cup car also had way less grip and a lot worse brakes, no idea if this translates to all the cars or if they changed the cup car more. (Sound is now amazing btw)

I also feels like the grip looses and builds up way better than before instead of suddenly loosing grip when you're powersliding, now you can dance it out of corners a lot easier.

This translated to the FFB in a way too, I guess its something similar to gyroscopic effect in AC.

In AC you can REALLY feel the forces build up and I feel like this patch is heading in that direction, I really enjoy that feeling.

So great changes so far, now I need to try them all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I think from my testing the Group A and the V8 could use some sandpaper now.
    A bit hard to get used to.Reminds me a bit of a boat (Gr.A) under some circumstances.:)

13. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Some people here might not think this but these tyre carcass revisions have finally gotten rid of the slidey Madness Engine physics which the sim racing community so intensely dislikes.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. steelreserv

GrA was not part of this round of updates. #soon
    The SuperV8 setup is in place but there are always things being looked at. Its a unique car. For now, its already been aussie approved so anything different will be detailing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

So these new changes...
    GT3 as a whole is notably better, but the BMW feels very unpredictable. Reminds me of ACC in the sense that it's very easy to break traction at weird places. Not sure this is inaccurate, but I will not drive that car again. Every other GT3 feels much improved and very close to what I would expect them to do, which is to be easy and somewhat boring to drive. I don't necessarily like that class.

GT1 remains incredibly well done, but it also previously was probably the best class in the game. Maybe a bit more refined, but with the Mercedes, I didn't feel a big change. There was a lot more predictability in the McLaren though.

Formula Ultimate Gen1 continues to be an overlooked gem after the revisions. People should drive that one more, because it is pretty easy to get used to, very planted and on another planet than the previous version. However, it still feels a little too grippy, which is supported by it being 2 seconds faster than the 2020 laptime on Nurburgring GP.

Formula Ultimate Gen2 is in a similar but different spot. The laptimes this produces do surprise me, as this car has notably less grip and yet is only two to three seconds off the Ultimate Gen1. All in all, this is maybe still a second to fast, but it honestly does not feel that way, with somewhat delicate but controllable power, notably weaker brakes than previously, and a very lively attitude in general.

Super V8 remains one of the hardest cars to drive, but it is a lot more predictable now and doesn't slide as excessively. There are some weird things on straights though, with the car having a somewhat unusual tendency to weave where most others just stay planted.

The biggest positive surprise, to me, is the P1 class, which now is on the same level as the GT1's. Previously, these were very unpredictable, with the rear breaking lose at every occasion except the ones you expected. Now, they are in that grippy-yet-not-fully-planted sweet spot and a blast to handle.

The AI continues to be a pity, its performance ranging from being faster than me on 100 to being 4 seconds off the pace. I sincerely hope that, after these new set of physics revisions, which truly elevate this game to a standard I actually had stopped to hope it would reach, get applied to every car (still a lot of work to do I guess; maybe 2-3 months until every car got it), the AI will be the next area of focus.

In general, I enjoyed this update of housekeeping more than most content updates in the past. There should be more of these. I'd personally be completely fine to go through 2022 with just updates like these, because this sim deserves to be polished and every piece of content also adds more work to do as long as areas like AI are as imbalanced as they are.

Before it gets released, Reiza should, however, iron out the annoying bug that, if auto-pit is on, you cannot leave the pits anymore once you reset your car back there after doing a lap in qualifying/training.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with most of that, its good that they changed a fair bit on the V8 Supercars, yet it still seems a bit too sensitive on throttle to me, especially compared to the ams1 version, which was absolutely great.

In terms of the GT3 cars, it seems to me that they might have missed the porsche, or the difference is much less on the porsche compared to the other ones in that class.

The GT1's were always very good, but feel even better now.
    The porsche cup car feels a lot better now to me.

Im hoping to try out the others tomorrow,but so far it seems like a solid update on a lot of fronts.

The filter option in the multiplayer is a welcome feature, and hopefully the start of more work being put into the multiplayer part at some stage.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It has to be said, that old defaults for the carcass revised cars often don't work well because of tire pressures. Requirements for them often change.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. BoogieBusiness

BoogieBusiness New Member

First of all, Great game!

I see in the last two updates it says that ERS Deployment mode has been added in shared memory but I cannot find it.?
    I am using SimHub dashboard. I find the amount of ERS so I have added a bar in my dash though. But deployment mode is sorely needed in my dash.
    Found a workaround for DRS using the drs state in simhub, but nothing like it for ERS.
    Is this a AMS or SimHub issue you think?
    Anybody else have this issue?

19. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The main problem, isn’tt only a question of grip on damp surface or how much water there is, but much depends on the window temperature of the tread, when passing certain windows of temperature suddenly collapses the grip. That's why some radio drivers use the term: when do you wake up the tires? However, it would be great if Reiza makes a tyre model that is very much linked to the temperature window, which I see very little especially in formula cars.

• Like Like x 1
  20. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Technically not an issue.
    External applications need a developer's update to the new API (#12 if I'm not mistaken)

• Like Like x 1