1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

You will know it’s worked if the system ask’s if you want to overwrite the existing file.
    You don’t need to remove the old one first.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Regarding your question Michael. The higher the value of scrub and tear_threshold, the later the effect occurs. I've always wondered why scrub_threshold and tear_threshold were very, very weak. That's why there were always discussions about which is better. I don't think it was felt at all with belt bases because these effects were overlaid or swallowed up. Due to these changes to the slip_crossover and slide and other values, these 2 values can now be clearly felt. Now it all comes together beautifully and it makes sense.
    regards:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, exactly as you just pointed out. Thanks for the help, guys, really appreciate it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Any T150 or TMX users here using the 4W Grip and stretch mod V2 mind sharing your in-game settings? I just can't get the ffb to feel right. its either too noisy or too muted and i cant seem to hit the middle ground.

5. Lars Mars

Lars Mars Member

Do you also have this?

6. Danielkart

Yes lars that's with me too. But it is not priority 1 for me. Greetings Lars:)

7. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

Mr. @Divit Beria i’m a T300 user and my cursor in game with Stakanov files V2.0 are GAIN 75-80 LFB 0-5 FX 30-40 DP 15-30 … another user Mr. newtonpg with TM TX use the V1.0 with GAIN 75 LFB 0 FX 30 and DP 30 … i hope help you, i advice you to set in the V2.0 the voice “kerb smooth” to 0,00 and not to 0,04 … the other voices in the file modify to taste … is very simple with all the the notes and advices in the file ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Divit Beria

One thing which I'm struggling with is that some kerbs don't even show up in the ffb while others show up very intensely. Prime example is imola. I never even feel the inside kerbs on T1 and T2 but I do feel the yellow sausage kerbs if I hit them. But then on the exit of T3, the kerb (not including the horrendous green and white kerb) is felt very clearly and harshly by me.

9. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Just wondering if you aren't feeling the inside curbs as much as the exit curbs because the suspension is not under much load for the inside curbs and the opposite for the exit curbs ?

10. Divit Beria

Could be the case but I have not come across this phenomenon in any other sim's ffb so feels a bit strange to me. Also it's not that I'm feeling the inside kerbs less but I'm not feeling them at all. And I only sometimes feel the sausage kerbs and sometimes not. Can anyone confirm if this is the case? @Stakanov @Karsten Hvidberg

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  11. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes @Divit Beria ... i think that are the suspension the problem ... i have update this and now i feel correct on my wheel ... if i have free time tonight i will attached the file in the forum ... I would have liked to tune it better but I had little strength and I am far from home ;)

@Danielkart .... I managed to import some of your latest updates such as the slide factor 0.6 and the RL/RRSlide to 25 ... but I am not up and good to the values for crossslip .... I hope to make it on the forum tonight so excuse me if it isn't perfect :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Danielkart

Hey Stakanov! Nice to hear from you, I hope you are doing well given the circumstances. I think I know what you're talking about with the crossover values, I assume the start and end values? There I have to test again what is perfect. But of course our bases are very different. If there is anything new I will inform you. Get well soon Stakanov:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Divit Beria

Glad to hear that! Will be waiting eagerly for that file.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we are managing to take other steps towards an ffb file based on the latest original from Karsten 5.0.1.4 and going in one direction for both mid/low end and high/DD (except very few values/voices easily interchangeable) ... if you compare for example the values of my file with those of Danielkart you will realize that the differences are getting smaller and smaller from version to version, the gap is getting smaller and this despite my mod is based on latest original 5.0.1.4 while Daniel's is based on the excellent version 5.0.1, the same with other users, I always look at everyone's files and test all possible combinations, I never exclude any choice out of conviction... ;)

I would have liked to update the file more and tune it better, but I already had the very good foundations of the previous files (v2.0 - v1.0 - etc.) and therefore I limited myself to excluding the most extreme changes and leaving the safest ones implemented ... as usual we have 2 files, one with the Yaw and one without Yaw, both can be used by everyone but obviously the values in game will have to be recalibrated (do not make comparisons just by replacing them serch the right value if you switch), as a customary rule the Yaw version are better suited to the low/medium/high range, the No Yaw are better to DD and perhaps to some very high end steering wheel (but this is not mandatory and i remember that the original Karsten file are for DD and for All ;)) ... for those who have instead used and calibrated the old files, they can use at 90-95% the values it used in the past, but I always recommend getting used to it first of any modification.

NAME: "4W Grip & Stretch" Mod V 2.1 (WITH & WITHOUT YAW)

The main differences from version "4W Grip & Stretch" Mod V 2.0 are:
    - New Sunspension Code, resulting improved kerbs (and no smooth) - Now you can set to your taste the scale and the tall kerbs that is always present - i hope :D here is ok ;);
    - Again only one "dt";
    - Tear and Scrub Scale & Frequency revisited;
    - "RR/RLSlide" & "slide_factor" revisited with Danielkart's value
    (for now slip_crossover value, pos, width, start and end are not implemented);
    - The slipcrossover code in the file are even from 5.0.1.4 but now with a power value of 7 and slip smooth to 001 from 5.0.1;
    - Other small values changed and made more compatible with a unique setup.

The secondary changes, however, only for your greater convenience of setting and specifically I have prepared the insertion of 3 new items/variables so that you can easily change or test them without in-depth knowledge of the code, and are:
    - steer_spring_strength_feel
    - texture_vibes_scale
    - scrub_vibration_scale

I hope you like it ... o_O

• Like Like x 10
  15. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

(Soon)
    Good work, i feel a good sensatiion in the moviment of car and the kerb are present with a better origin of the vibration, with scale i set the intensity and with tall the height ;), i left the smooth to 0,00 :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Manolo

Manolo Member

Same here @Stakanov , good movement of the car, good curbs with 0 smooth and I really like the intensity and frequency values of the scrub and tear ;), for the first time with this file 2.1 i am also appreciating the tear that i hate :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. EcoBrum

EcoBrum New Member

Good morning guys, I'm new on the forum, first of all thanks to everyone for the help you give us because without your precious information I wouldn't even know where to put my hands.
    That said, I started getting closer to custom FFB files, I have a Fanatec CSL DD, I read the forum a lot and looked for the settings used by other forum users with my wheel.
    I think I downloaded the latest version of Karsten, namely 5.0.1.4, two files from Stakanov v2.1 (with and without Yaw) and a file from Danielkart v29.
    I found the file from Danielkart and the file from Stakanov without Yaw too soft for my liking, while I liked both Karsten's and Stakanov's files with the Yaw very much, really full-bodied and informative, maybe the second a little more because I feel a greater sense of grip on the front with my wheels, the first slip too mutch.
    Obviously it's a personal preference thing, but I'd like to know if I'm wrong or if you have something else to try and / or recommend for improvement (you can see all the information and setting in my signature).
    Thank you all in advance :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

Welcome @EcoBrum , for my little experience i think that you are right for starting with CUSTOM files, the file ffb without YAW are for DD with many more power, your is max 8Nm, then if you like soft and smooth the file without YAW are ok, but if you like full-bodied and informative then the file with YAW version are the best choice. But you are right, the taste is personal, just imagine that even on DD1 i am undecided whether to continue using Daniel’s or Stakanov’s files version without YAW or not (with Karsten/Stakanov Yaw version)!!!
    Karsten’s original file is also a great choice and let’s not forget that it’s built in top of a DD SC2!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With a couple of minor changes for my CSW 2.5, the 4W Grip & Stretch" Mod V 2.1 WITH YAW file works very well and feels good. Did quite a few PB's with it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

what are the minor changes? :D Happy to read you’re happy with this new FFB file. I hope to put it to the test in a few days myself.

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1