1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

As I said, if you are happy with it, everything is fine. I am too with my attitudes:)

2. Danielkart

I already know how FEI 80% or FEI 20% and INT and NDP behave. If you look at my custom you will see that I have listed both options. FEI 80% or 20% . All satisfied:)

3. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed the grainy feel is not there with wet tyres.
    Might have something to do with changes to the tyre modelling in recent updates.
    I haven't tried many cars and it's not there in all of them but I feel it most in the stock car 2022.
    I haven't got texture_vibes in my file, I'll change dt from 300 to 333 though and see what that does.

4. Danielkart

Stakanov I don't think it has anything to do with scrub or tear. Unfortunately I don't have time to test it today. I tested your custom on Friday. I also noticed that when starting (accelerating from a standstill) it pulls a lot on the steering column. Of course only with higher forces with dd. If I reduce the force to about 6Nm everything is fine. I could imagine that it has something to do with the suspension or with the spring strength. Maybe it helps you, I hope it greets you:)

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Luismuku

Luismuku Member

Hi, does anybody has a good profile for MMOS 2014 and this game? I'm trying different combinations with this custom files but I don't like it at all... Didn't have this problems on my TS-PC.

The best profile I found for me is Default+, tryed with rFuktor but didn't get good result, the steering feels very tough even on a straight. Also the wheel makes a "spring force" that I hate.

I searched profiles for MMos but is very hard to find a good one even for AC, so very more difficult to find it for this game.

6. Danielkart

Hi! I don't know MMOS. Is that a dd base? If so, maybe try my file, or try Stakanov's files:)

7. Luismuku

Luismuku Member

It's a Diy OSW 20nm. I will try those files and post here again

8. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I will try this ASAP. But your original V2 did it as well. For me, @Danielkart's files do it to me as well. Very strange that out of all the newer files, only your 4W Grip only mod doesn't give me this vibration/sensation.

EDIT: Just tried with the # next to those 2 linee - No difference
    Also tried without dt2 changing anything further down in file from dt2 333 to dt 300 -
    still no change. Oh well, for now I stay with 4W Grip only file.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Danielkart

So for me it was too much with this grit. But increasing texture_vibes corrected it for me. Maybe you have to set this value even higher if you don't use dd. And for me there are questions. Is it wrong to feel the difference between a wet track and a dry track? Is it wrong to feel the abrasion of the tires? Yes, if it's too much. No when it's toned down, even better and one of the best advances in tire physics. These are my thoughts on this, now the question arises which custom of Stakanov is "wrong"? I'll try to test again tonight. As I said, the files have not been tested since Friday. Beautiful day:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Enright

So what you are saying is to increase texture_vibes no decrease? I will have to try that then, as I have only gone down up to now.

11. Danielkart

Yes michael

12. Michael Enright

Which line do I change
    (texture_vibes (spring texture 6000 0.025)) or
    (texture (+ texture (* 2.5 texture_vibes)))
    and to what? Thanks.

13. Danielkart

spring texture 6000 0.025)) the value 0.025 to 0.6 or 0.8 or 1.0 .....

14. Michael Enright

Tried it at 0.6 - better but not good
    0.8 better
    1.0 still there and not a lot better
    Seems to me to be set off by any small bump.

15. Danielkart

For me it's great with 0.6. Try even higher. Maybe it's base dependent regards

16. Michael Enright

Been up to 2

17. Danielkart

shame if it doesn't work for you. But at least a little better than you wrote:)

18. Michael Enright

I've tried changing all the other settings around texture_vibes as well but still can't stop it. I have also tried changing settings on the wheel as well as Fanalabs. Still the same. Gone back to the old 4WGrip only mod file again. That one does not do it at all, not even with the Stock Cars.

19. Danielkart

I tested it again. It's really too grainy and increasing the value doesn't help much. I don't have this problem with my custom, but I can't say what it is either. Stakanov do you also have Michael's problems with your base? Would be interesting to know. Unfortunately I don't have a solution at the moment either. But I will post my custom later, because I got a very good idea from a member of the forum that I was able to expand and expand. The result is a fantastic tire feeling. If you like it you can put it in Stakanov's files, of course Stakanov has to like it himself. Just try it:)

20. Danielkart

Variante 26

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 2