1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To make the "Browse Online" filter more effective for me, I would like there to be an include filter for the sub-group "Formula" and an exclude filter for the "Allow Traction Control > Yes", "Allow ABS > Yes", "Allow Stability Control > Yes" and the "Force Default Setup > Yes"

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the filter misses the most important thing to filter out, which are lobbies with password.

Unless you are specifically looking for that passworded lobby, its entry on the server list is useless to 99% of the people browsing.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  3. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I can confirm that driving the revised SuperV8 on soft slicks during a quick race at Cascavel is an experience not to be missed. After giving Reiza additional time to spot and sort out the previous handling syntax errors, etc., AMS2 has finally, in its current iteration, developed into an amazingly consistent--and engaging--driving simulation across vehicles (i.e., at least those with the latest updates).

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I just wish a refinement/revision in visual smoothness (not fps but movement related). Perhaps a slider for overall movement can cure it? Perhaps is the result of another syntax error from PC2 that makes the camera pivot point in the wrong place? (seems like putting the seat way back makes movement more natural...)
    Just don't know, but rF2 and AAC do it better, more fluid.

Overall, this is the sim I spend 95% of the time. Great work Reiza.
    Time will make it even better!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Fantastic combo, used to do lots of online racing there. Also a good starting off point to get into the (new) Super V8, as its not overly technical. I set front toe to 0.0 and steer lock to 14(lowest setting) which I find helps to tame it somewhat. Must add that the AI (100/100) was fantastic, if you let the field stretch a bit for a lap or so, they are more than good. Did the 911 GT3 after that, same track, same settings, only a second or 2 quicker compared to the V8's.
    Closed the evening with the Carrera Cup, simrace nirvana achieved.

Now if that pesky CSL DD can show up on my doorstep please....

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

After I changed the camera to Legacy Mode (or take it out of LM, don't remember well, but is related with this option... simple change it) the game is spot on. Maybe you can reduce the other movement related slides (I did some tweaks over here and there, but it's preference dependable). Fells realist, because racing cars shake a lot and fells like AMS2 is the most convincing from all sims.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah for me as well legacy mode is far more natural and the way to go unless you are using VR and feeling sick or something like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. john Ellis

SuperV8 on soft slicks at Bathurst has noticeably worse FFB/handling than I had experienced with Default+ at Cascaval. Hopefully it’s more of a setup issue

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'm also a member of the Legacy Mode Alliance (LMA)
    Thumbs up to join :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any chance we'll ever get some physics updates to the little Lotus 23? In interviews of those who drove the thing, they praised how nimble and responsive it was. Imho, the current state of the in-game version is probably the most understeery car in AMS2. I know a large portion of it is the brake bias, but it still feels like the front wheels are not connected to the road.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will be the release candidate a released candidate this weekend?
    I hope so, it seems to be a very interessting update....

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The release candidate is so stable you might as well move across to it. You automatically get put on the release when it comes out too.

• Agree Agree x 10
  13. john Ellis

Those of us who prefer “Legacy Mode” are probably just simracers who have been around since the early Papyrus days.

Please, Reiza, add an 80’s Lola-Buick, March-Cosworth, and Penske-Chevrolet to AMS2 and watch your sales skyrocket! Nostalgia sells!

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As of right now, Reiza evidently doesn't have the rights to any of the Penske CART cars, so I wouldn't bet on them getting the rights to an 80s version.

On the other hand, those rights are probably currently held by Motorsport Games, for whom things are not going great right now. Those rights may come available again...

• Informative Informative x 3
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a race at oulton Park long circuit tonight in porsche cup 3.8. Boy o boy that thing is a handful around there. With the undulations and camber on the road it was a real battle to keep it pointing in the right direction but man it felt good to do so, was a real workout, those cars really move around quite a bit.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Darko Jovanoski

Darko Jovanoski Member

I enjoy Porsche 3.8 more than 4.0. It feels more predictable and fun. It's awesome how AMS 2 can put your jaw down when some conditions and track/car combo are right! Love it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Question: How do you know how much gasoline you need in order to pit stop at the same time with the AI? Is this something you just have to play around with? Not to mention the various length of the race being a factor.

18. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

New RC build is absoloutely fantastic, spent all day yeterday trying it out, so much to try, so many improvements! So much going on in simracing right now its overwhelming! V8's like a new car, Porsche is more Porschey than ever, and i don't know if its just the new way AMS2 handles FFB in this build or what but even cars not mentioned in the patch notes feel better! (or is that just me having not tried certain cars for a bit?) Nice to see the older cars getting some love aswell! (fuscas, GTB and such) Look forward to when they get updated with full damage model!" But what a week! I mean, surprise tracks from RF2, new RC build for AMS2 was certainly a surprise for me when I got home on Wedensday, and its bloody awsome! And then, shock horror, Marcel Offermans leaves S397 all of a sudden! Any chance Reiza might snap him up? (just a thought)
    Oh, and wet tires! Wet and hard slick tires are now properly sorted! Fecking nice one Reiza! Bravo!!! @CrimsonEminence You know I'm happy about that one mate! Cheers for keeping us updated on that! Will there be a calibration pass for A.I. performance in the wet in full release?

• Like Like x 11
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It has very skinny tires! But I am sure when it gets the latest tire upgrades it will transform into a more nimble experience. Watch videos of the real thing, though, and you'll see a fair amount of drifting/sliding as was common on the old-school tires back in the 50's and 60's (even for F1).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

It seems more grounded which is a good thing. I don't know if it's the Release Candidate or prior Release but I do notice the car is more grounded. They don't slide as often when turning corners. Before, I feel a bit of loss of control and I had to be careful racing at semi high speed while turning.