1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeeting at t1 monza 1991 shouldn’t be fast, but instead damaging, but i guess thats for another day and doesnt matter too much when public lobbies are gt3 at modern monza

2. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Seriously, even one rallycross track with properly "modelled" gravel would be the absolute business IMO! Doesn't have to be a stage. Just Hell, Norway or something.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cheers mate! Ha ha you saw that! Yeah i think a bit of both on that one, was'nt really sure at the time due to concerntration being split several ways, saw him at the last second and thought i'd left enough room for him to make the apex if he wanted, but he went a bit too wide and I did'nt go wide enough in hindsight. Call it a racing inccident! So glad I joined the server, just never thought to try that car track combo before, will definately be doing it again, Beemer feels great there!

• Like Like x 1
  4. GearNazi

I have a CSL DD due on Monday... I've of course been skulking around the fora and such for settings and tips, but one sets FX and LFB in ams2 to zero, or at least very low, no? Never been one for "damping". It'll no doubt end up in a LOT of playing around with settings, not a bad thing some parameters can be set on the wheel in real-time.

5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

6. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Madness engine actually does a very good job with mixed surfaces. In Pcars2 the gravel felt bumpy and more realistic than the mud pit dirt on iRacing. IRX never properly modeled gravel and just used the oval dirt physics for anything not tarmac. I remember being frustrated by there being more grip on the grass at Sonoma than on the track. Not to mention, snow in Pcars2 was really fun. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

No. All the FFB settings are used in AMS 2. For example, in-game damping is not the same as the damping on the wheel.

And, with a DD wheel, you have almost endless opportunities to screw-up your FFB from the outside (due to all the complex control panel settings designed to compensate for inadequate in-game FFB settings across the industry) in addition to the trickiness of calibrating the sliders that all users have to deal with.

People with that wheel can advise you on best foundational settings, but the message to the mass audience is not to think that DD wheels will perform better with in-game settings zeroed. All the sliders perform important functions to provide the flavour of the FFB as designed by the devs.

Also be aware that the Default+ profile is by definition more flavourful than the Default. I would start with it and your new wheel on as close to bare/raw/default settings as possible. Get the basics of AMS 2 set-up (and any other race games you own) before going down the rabbit hole of manipulating DD-specific control panel settings.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. GearNazi

Much appreciated! That's what I needed to know.
    I have grown very fond of default+ on my belt wheel, so I'm glad I can start from there.

Thanks!

9. rmagid1010

I just got a csl dd. I have been recommended the default fanatec ams2 settings which i loaded via fanalab, and i use the latest rfuktor with settings i will edit into this comment

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Also try not to get lost in looking for what you think you should be feeling through the wheel as opposed to what you want to feel . Ffb is ultimately subjective and one person's idea of the best ffb is completely different to another's ( even on the same hardware ) so just enjoy the ride .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. GearNazi

Many thanks! Found the stuff in Fanalab. It helps so much when people can just point you in the right direction a little bit.
    I have 0 experience with the entire Fanatec software side of things. But support for all the different titles seems to have come a long way in not that long a time, as everyone was always going on and on about how finicky it is to dial in a DD wheel.

At least now we have something of a starting off point.

• Like Like x 1
  12. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

The LM spec actually has a top speed of 225mph, because of its increased aerodynamic drag. But I can't guarantee that it does that much in the sim. If it does very close to that, the last few mph might just need a bit more straight.

Edit: agh I was two pages behind and this had already been covered. Nevermind :)

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

When it comes to top speed, that behaviour also changes a bit with the new carcasses. Maybe you noticed, that with established desired hot pressures (which are often a tad higher especially for revised tintops now) you also run a few beans more on the straights than with colder tires.

I would wait for the revisions of several cars for some final evaluation on some aspects. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Gillish

Gillish Member

On the topic of 'desired hot pressures', is there any guideline (besides IMO temps) on what those should be?

In general I'm a little confused by AMS2 tyre pressure, and usually just end of dropping the pressures if the cars get too slidey with hot tyres. The IMO temps don't seem to change much anyhow... How do I tell if I'm making it better or worse, besides looking at laptimes? :)

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

With all due respect to the custom file editors (these use the in-game sliders differently again), I would not use a custom FFB file until I had complete confidence that I had optimized the Reiza-provided profile, first. This will take a while if the wheel is a brand new/unfamiliar model to you.

You cannot fully appreciate the differences in the custom file, or I believe, take advantage of all the subtleties available in it, until you are intimately familiar with the Default/Default+ profile. Each has strengths or features that the other does not and cannot replicate. Personal preference will guide you which trade-off is preferable. But, unless you expend the effort to optimize both, you won't even fully comprehend or be able to evaluate the key differences--that may be very important to your long-term enjoyment of the sim.

It is a wonderful benefit that we can choose among several mature profiles and pick the one best suited to our brains and bodies.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. rmagid1010

Do you have any recommended settings as a baseline for myself and @GearNazi to test out?

• Like Like x 1
  17. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Now that all four of-the-most-recent years (2019 - 2022) of the Brazilian Stock Car Pro Series have received updates in the RC, what's your favorite so far? Just did a short race in the 2019 car at Guaporé--definitely feels different from a 2022, for example.

Overall, the updates in the RC better highlight each car's unique character, which could also be said for the Porsche Cup (3.8 vs. 4.0) cars. Muito obrigado, Reiza!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Xela1

Xela1 BANNED BANNED

seems to be massiv issues on RC 1.3.6.0. I would like to test the new carcass thing tonight, but now I m tired and watch „heute show“

19. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. GearNazi

Issues? The only real issue I could find is that I cannot be dragged away from my simrig since it's release, and as if that wasn't enough I've acquired some new obsession over everything Porsche Cup.:p

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3