1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, no more earraping.....lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. rmagid1010

Off/low/on is the 'arcade' asssists, and gamepad users will need them or ams2 will be undrivable for them. Just leave them on 'authentic' for singleplayer, and in multiplayer make sure that in your lobby settings, they are turned to 'on' (or else you will have to drive GT3 with no tcs/abs)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They are NOT just "arcade assists", they are inherently tied to the ABS/TC system. If you turn the assist "off" then there is no TC/ABS no matter what setting you use. I have no clue which one, "low" or "high", is supposed to be the realistic setting. AFAIK from my tests there is no difference between them.

I am once again asking for the confusing "off/low/high" assist levels to be replaced with one unique setting that controls the TC/ABS setting from one place and in a consistent way. Otherwise these misconceptions keep getting posted over and over again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Havner

Havner Member

You misunderstood my post. I'm not saying to remove assists. But even without assists (e.g. authentic in GT3) you still can go Low/High with keyboard shortcuts (next to onboard settings, they are orthogonal). And nobody on the whole internet knows the difference (I've searched, even back when PC2 was released).

If they went with OFF/ON, you'd still be able to go ON on cars that don't have them. If not, let them tell us what is the difference between Low/High.

7. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

You sure about that? :whistle:

8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting. The only issue I have following F1 cars is the massive, extremely annoying and unreliable staggered/stuttered/jagged behaviour of the car in front in multiplayer races.

This doesn't happen with tin tops such as GT3/4/E and Stock Cars because these cars are so slow and sluggish the issue ends up masked, and players who only drive that sort of car believe everything is fine.

9. Dicra

I tend to drive in very small lobbies with just a few friends from the same country as me, so that doesn't happen to me.

10. rmagid1010

Yeah ive tried playing ams2 with a gamepad and i couldnt stop looping the cars without it. I guess its car dependent though, but ams2 is not forgiving like forza or nfs on a gamepad

11. Dicra

That's a matter of skill and experience, not a matter of possibility. It is possible to drive AMS2 on a gamepad, use no assists and be reasonably quick (not eSports level quick probably, but not too far away). Mistakes are maybe somewhat more frequent, but that's also manageable.

Something like the F-Vintages are a little too annoyingly tricky, but the rest works just fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not true, realistic driving aids are enough to have ABS and TC in cars that also have that irl, I would leave those other Arcade Allow's on NO

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I've noticed I'm still on the releasecandidate version after the update came out publically, and I was wondering if that's an intentional thing? If I recall, last time I was just sent back to the normal release automatically when the public build came out so I'm not sure what specifically is up or if there's somehow already new things being tested :p

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Opt out of RC to be absolutely safe, but they should be both on 1.3.6.1 now. Restart steam client if you don't have received the version number hotfix yet.

15. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

i am watching the name who shall not be mentioned here stream ams2, it appears the Formula V10Gen2 has got the replay smoke bug, same as the superkarts, also the cockpit upshift sound on the F-Reiza sounds a bit strange it seems, at least better then the earraping it had before....:whistle:

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Before I got my T150 in the December of last year, AMS2 and PC2 for that matter seemed like the worst game to drive on controller out of the whole bunch. The steering is too snappy and the steering lock is kind weird too (only on pad btw)

17. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Who's that then ?

18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

A way off perhaps, but will all the older open wheeler f1 be on the list do next? and grp C?
    Yes, thats correct in game settings,(instead of authentic, thankfully) oddly just tried the gt3 Mcl and porsche with game settings to off (to make them more interesting) still very stable even with no downforce (zero) and stiff. Nice to confirm visually in speedo the wizardry dont work.
    Car is faster (correctly imo) without wizards on in default and setup dry and damp.
    Thanks for joining test @papi Bernard. lol ai crashed in front of me last lap and I hit it. so finished last.:D

I had this twice and had to select None to load the new update.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 16
  20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Sim racing games are very playable with controller, no assists, no filters, no helpers, and manual transmission, I do it all the time (rF1, rF2, GTR2, AMS1, AMS2, F1 games, AC1, ACC, etc), I use my own custom controller settings. There's videos of me playing AMS2 with controller in my Youtube channel.
    AMS2 is playable with controller and all assists off or authentic assists. The problem with AMS2 is the built-in controller filters that cause input delay and can make catching slides and making quick small corrections very difficult to perform. That's the same issue the PCars games have., so far developers haven't said anything about a possible fix for that.
    AMS1 has very good controller support, it allows me to completely disable all filters, dampers, deadzones, helpers, get raw input and fine tune from there and get very precise input with no delay. Ideally developers should implement that into AMS2, include options to disable all controller filters, enable raw input and fine tune from there like we can do in AMS1, and also implement proper controller vibration like in AMS1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1