1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't think FFB is inverted

I think the SuperV8 is very sensitive to mass displacement, and that's what we feel, Increasing the tire pressure at the rear, lowering the suspension and stiffen all the dampers around make it a bit more stable, and while driving it, make as few abrupt movements as possible

2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mate, I really, really appreciate that! Btw, loved the interview with Renato, brilliant questions, love you're relaxed, straight forward bright and slightly humorous conversation style, in depth, detailed, long format, its like listening to Joe Rogan!

Brilliant section on tire physics going into depth about how compensations in other areas had to be made for the old tire model and how they need to now be worked out with the new tire model working more correctly, the knock on effect of one thing affecting so many other areas, really interesting!
    And as Renato said its an area that will be in constant development as there is so much to learn. Made me think about music, you literally can never stop learning, there is no one musician in the world, even the virtuoso's who can't find a new style, sound, way of playing. Absoloutely fascinating to hear mate! Loved it!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Just done that but it's still the same.

4. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AC is aging, a new game with road cars would be welcome.That's what sells. A non-South American casual gamer is not going to buy a game with Brasilian tracks that no one knows and with fiat unos, copa montana, etc. On the other hand, a well known supercar or smaller sporty road car on a simulation game with sort of street/semi freeroam tracks like California Highway or Azure Coast on PC2 will give more visibility and sales will increase.

There are way more people with a T300-range steeringwheel clamped on their desk than hardcore simracers with motion rig, DD etc. And this type of people usually prefer road cars. Don't forget AMS2 is above all a game. A sim type game but a game.
    Road cars are what made PC2 sold well, with a large range of them, modern, classic, retro ones. And that's what keeps me playing this game sometimes. Imagine a good range of various road cars but with Reiza's standards, that would be incredible. That's my POV but I really think this is the POV of many peoples.

I know that the other type of cars that make people buy a sim is GT3/4 cars but ACC is much more relevant for this. AMS2 will never beat it.

5. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Last night's SRB community racing there was a "do not return to pit!" message in the chat persistently, during quali.
    So something is up with it, for sure.

6. Spie

Spie Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure that is a compliment :D:D:D

Can't wait to get back in the rig after a holiday and test the new release. Awesome work once again Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I wish they would. The South American tracks currently in AMS2 are great.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And there are many more great tracks, I hope they follow anytime, like Autódromo de Rivera in Uruguay

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. robillard3381

Don't get me wrong, I like AMS2 content, just this is not appealing for casual gamers. And for having a great content, the game needs to sell well, which is not the case. It doesn't have the attention it deserves.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Personally I think this is an uninformed and outdated statement. It might apply to the older GSC games but imo it doesn't really apply to AMS2. Look at the car and track list in the videos below:

It's not just Brazilian/South American content, there's a number of known tracks in there: Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Nurburgring, Hockenheim, Monza, Spa, Daytona, Laguna Seca, Suzuka, and so forth. Same for cars, there's s number of interesting classes in there: GT1, GT3, GT4, prototypes, Group C, open-wheelers, and so forth. Obviously more cars & tracks would be nice but imo AMS2 has a very interesting selection of cars & tracks.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  11. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But now take T2 and T4 too slow (at least in some cars ) - Official AI Report Topic

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. robillard3381

I know the content, you don't need to convince me ! I own the game and love it. Not everything but overall I love it. But for a lot of people, ams2 is still a Brazilian pcars without road cars, with some strange cars and tracks. And the demo doesn't help to change this statement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Thrustmaster user here and i have no problems with steering/wandering and FFB with the Super V8.
    Drove Adelaid and Bathurst today.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Je ne suis pas du tout d'accord avec toi. Je pense que les voitures de course se vendent mieux

15. robillard3381

C'est ton droit de le penser!
    (In English now)
    But can you expain why the number of current players on AMS2 is still way behind PC2, an almost 5 years old game?
    Forza games sell more than ACC. I don't know if road cars can increase sales of the game but this is not impossible.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've got a DD1 and have no such problem. Actually I increased the steering lock while testing at Bathurst.

• Like Like x 1
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have the time to listen to the full interview, what were the highlights?

18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Total lack of advertising through proper "commercial" activity and through content creators and streamers and very strong prejudice in the community for anything that smells Madness Engine.
    Partially a much more saturated market than it was just a few years ago.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone have any texture loading issues since the update?
    Had a race at Montreal tonight and the track surface and starting grid lines were all blurry and the signage on either side of the track was blurry and unreadable even whilst not moving.
    I run all gfx settings at full but did tweak a few NV CP settings a few nights ago, not sure if that would have made any difference?

20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I agree that the demo is not really a good representation of what AMS2 has to offer. That's one of the reasons I've been posting AMS2 videos in my Youtube channel, I've been alternating between posting videos of races at Brazilian tracks and races at more well-known European tracks.
    Imo that's one area Reiza could improve by keeping up-to-date car & track lists at their website. I always post up-to-date car & track list videos in my Youtube channel, I wouldn't mind if Reiza posted those videos in their website; :p

• Agree Agree x 2