1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza has never said MP is planned for abandonment quite the opposite. Its time will come (hopefully soon as I am hoping to get some endurance available). Think positive :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I totally agree about timing, as it can effectively act as a hype multiplier if done well. There's no way they can do Indy this year but Le Mans could be an option (still over a month before the race). However, going into 2023 they will have plenty of opportunities to release new content as the big races take place (Daytona, Indy, etc.).

For this year, we have 8 more F1 events (Monaco, Canada, Great Britain, Austria, Belgium, Italy, Japan and Brasil) in addition to the Nurburgring 24 in a few weeks (in addition to the Stock Car Pro series), so plenty of opportunities for some nice bumps in player count.

You know what would help? A short trailer-type video strategically released to build hype for in-game content that is about to take place in the real world (similar to what they did with Galeao). Back in the PC2 days, someone named JonZ used to release some really cool videos. Imagine AMS2 with this same treatment!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  3. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I totally agree with this, and JonZ is excellent! He also did an awesome job for the release of the Porsche 919 Evo I've made for PC2

The number of views of this masterpiece doesn't reflect it's quality!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Another long-time TrackIR user here. Decided to try your profile earlier today and I was impressed. It's a little more sensitive around the center than I have gotten used to, but it feels very natural. Much more so than any of my profiles even after years of using TrackIR and fiddling with the settings. Thanks a lot for sharing your settings! :)

As for another topic that has been debated before, IMHO the Super V8 are a lot of fun now (at least on the soft slicks, haven't tried the other compounds yet). The car still has a tendency to wander around a bit by itself with the default setup (or rather, it is so sensitive to any bumps in the road that it does this), and IMHO is just a tiny bit too unstable in general as well as under braking. That being said, it seems to be in the general ballpark now, and most of the improvements I would like to see are probably down to setup. For instance, after tackling Mount Panorama for a few laps, I lowered the ride height, stiffened the springs and increased the ARBs slightly for a another quick and dirty test run on Yahuarcocha (and my goodness, do these two go well together! :eek:), as well as shortening the final gear. Just those few quick adjustments made the car more enjoyable to handle, although it still feels like it generates large amounts of lift rather than downforce on occasion. :D

Considering how much the cars that have already received the latest round of adjustments have improved as a direct consequence, I'd say it's hard to find any car in AMS2 that remains untouched which wouldn't benefit from a similar treatment. And that's a statement I don't make lightly, with all the amazing improvements we have seen so far. :)

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

To get less sensitive center, just pull down the middle dot slightly for all desired axis, it should basically sort it without adjusting any curves further.

6. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, that's what I usually did for my own custom profiles (sometimes I even added a little dead zone around the center), but in your profile I actually like the extra sensitivity! Makes it far more intuitive to look where I want to go instinctively instead of having to consciously think of where and how far I need to move my head. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

I use motion control speed 0.7 and smoothing 9 fwiw. It's a taste thing but it matters for the magnitude of the curves.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope, key in the V8 Supercar is to use the throttle-oversteer to your advantage, so mid corner and the same with karts. In order to get the oversteer at the apex you should be on the throttle before the apex and it's most obvious in the slower corners. He's on the throttle far before the car is pointing toward the exit to get the oversteer-kick at the right spot.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Since im not driving a car RL on a racetrack on a trackday with a gamepad, I ask myself what kind of "Skill" you're tallking about.
    Why should I run a full Simulator for Gamepad "skillz"?

10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yes, content needs more trailers and more hype!!!

upload_2022-5-8_22-23-19.gif

(Idk if the forum would cope though)

11. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

The entire look and sound of that runs awfully parallel to how I perceive the experience in ams2.
    What really strikes me is the precision, and the way he hugs the walls. I barely dare do this in the sim.
    I'm beginning to come to grips with it now, and it's not the first time I needed to sit down for a couple days to really learn a car. Last time was with the RSR '74.
    And back then I blamed the car too.

Turned out it was me, imagine that.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Havner

Havner Member

I'm a 10+ TrackIR user for flight sims (this is the genre I coming from) and I must say I'm surprised that you guys can use TIR for racing sims. I went with triples cause TIR was disturbing my perception of position in a small scale 3d world.
    TIR is great for flight sims that are slower paced (even military ones of course, like DCS), but for racing sims everything happens too fast and the triples where the world did not move additionally to my head I found much better. I tried it few more times and I could never race with TIR. Euro/American Track Simulator is the most I can get with TIR :-D

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

We must be seeing different things in that video. I see some maintenance throttle to maintain balance through corners - but throttle not applied in anger until the car is out the corner and settled.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

For flight sims (i usually play the IL2 titles with it, so fast paced ones also work very well) you set TIR to move your head around the whole cockpit, you're constantly spotting around while flying and spend most of your time looking out of the window, often your rear even.

But for racing sims you have to set your TIR, so that your eyes are the dominant part and almost always point further in the view direction than your head, i.e. you only move your head more if you really need to, so you don't have to fall too quickly into the unnatural "eyes left, head right" situation. A bigger screen, or sitting closer to the screen helps here. It feels like poor mans VR then actually.

Ideally you should reach 90° right/left look when your TIR points just a bit over the outside of your screen (the advantage in racing games is, you don't need to look over your shoulder, so it can be dialed less steep at the last degrees).

Up/down tilt the same...you want to have the ability to watch the middle mirror but not necessarily too much head movement so your eyes still look upwards. In flight sims you usually go steeper upwards curves and slightly less steep downwards.

I personally also like roll and lateral axis activated, it gives me a good feel for open wheelers. Other people deactivate them...it's also taste.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

The maintenance throttle serves different purposes. You settle your car with it indeed, but you also create some rotation.

You musn't apply throttle in anger of course, this would lead to the torquey outside wheel pushing your car around or even worse, if you don't break free the traction a bit, you end up with push understeer.

SuperV8 is still under review, like mentioned, there are one or two screws found that can be adjusted, i'm pretty confident it will become a tad more drivable. Not promising anything miraculous but we can stay optimistic. :)

• Like Like x 11
  16. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Yup, and maintenance throttle is actually helping rotation in game. Also, in game it can help, especially in tighter corners to kick the back out a bit with some early throttle application but it's a delicate balance and if you aren't careful you'll end up looking at where you have been. Ironically, I don't see pre-apex throttle kicks happen in the video above but quite possible I missed it - I only watched it once and he seems to be following the old adage of smooth is fast...

Glad it is being looked at - I had another drive earlier, the more time you spend in it the more used to it you get, but there is some strangeness at work for sure - one thing I noticed earlier is that the feeling of weight transfer that absolutely should be present seems to be a bit too prominent. I wonder if that is why some people have reported sensations that made them believe the FFB was being reversed.

• Like Like x 2
  17. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Yea or nay: After driving the GT3, GT4, and Porsche Cup cars in V1.3.6.1, Reiza has noticeably closed the gap on ACC.

• Agree Agree x 8
  18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Great to hear! I made a comparison video nevertheless, trying to show how the SuperV8 reacts to very slight adjustments on the straights in comparison to how the Stock Car 2022 reacts. I hope it shows that the SuperV8 reacts far more violently to the inputs and just keeps turning for some reason.

After that, I did a hotlap (not a good one) with the SuperV8, just to show that it is definitely driveable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Because maybe, you don't have the space or the money for a decent wheel, and you're aiming to play a game and have fun doing that, not train for real life.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Looks like your setup haven't been reset
    Or super low DOR
    Verify your cache
    Perhaps unistall the game and then reinstall?
    Delete AMS 2 folder.