1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

DOR?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, yeah i don't have that happening here, but good to have some video evidence of what is actually happening on track.

Degrees of rotation, but you're controller user, so not relevant.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BlaKArg

BlaKArg Member

IMO GT4s are already better in AMS2. Cup Cars I would say even. GT3 I still prefer ACC (for some reason GT3s in AMS2 feel too "light" to me).

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. CrimsonEminence

I tried my best to replicate that for a quick spin and full use of headtracking like i usually drive :whistle:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Havner

Havner Member

Please, once and for all. Stop suggesting this. It makes no difference. You can verify the game in steam. Afterwards reinstalling the game gains nothing except time and frustration.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Havner

Havner Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I can adjust degrees of rotation/steering wheel range on controller if I set my controller as custom wheel but it doesn't get rid of the built-in controller filters & dampers, so it has limited usefulness.

9. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope, maintenance throttle is a thing which spool-driven cars don't need because they can't lift-off oversteer, which happens if both rear wheels rotating at a very undesirable difference in speed due do longitudinal weight shift to the front in combination with a wide open differential during coasting. If you compare the V8 Supercar with a GT3 car, last one will have the slowest point at the apex, so gradually go on the throttle from this point while the V8 does it two three car-lengths earlier. That's because the LSD in a GT3-car does throttle-oversteer, but far less for the benefit of having better off-throttle-rotation. The V8 has horrible off-throttle rotation and only rotates great on the throttle.

Go karting and you will experience what I mean if you compete against experienced kart-driver. If you drive karts like GT3-cars (brake/coast/throttle), you suck big time because good kart-drivers use the throttle to rotate while you will coast through half the corner, which makes a huge difference in lap-time. With a spool throttle oversteer is your weapon and I had to learn that the embarrassing way as well.

• Like Like x 2
  10. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Man, when I was driving at Intergalos Oval, 12 laps, 31 cars, no mandatory pit stop, no tire wear, fuel 4x and weather 4 slots, sunny, light rain, sunny, light rain. When I do a pit stop, all the AIs did as well and I ended up with no spot and get no fuel. Game over! LOL.

No way you can overcome this issue except to create 31 pit stop spots?

11. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleting any custom setups, resetting to defaults and saving should be sufficient for individual cars. But resetting is the most important.
    The V8 was completely revised, so if there are any remnants of the previous versions settings (in increments) the car will be a mess.
    The car did indeed go through a pretty trustworthy QC process, and this type of wandering didn’t exist whatsoever.
    @CrimsonEminence has mentioned that there are still thing about the car that are up for review and implementation, but if people aren’t properly resetting, it still won’t fix these perceived issues.
    people with issues driving the V8 should post a screenshot of their suspension tab (in units) to verify here.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am happy you said this Crimson as I have been wanting too.. SV8 had a very good step on the tyres, driveline and various setup parametres which was worth bringing to this update and for the future the work continues and as mentioned we already have one or two things in the pipe for SV8..

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

That is understandable and I'll post a picture of the setup as it is this evening (can't get back to my PC before). Maybe something went wrong when resetting to defaults? Normally it's the first thing I do with any car after a new update, but maybe I/the game didn't save the reset properly.

It's curious with this car, because there seem to be several AMS2-experienced (and therefore accustomed to resetting) people having the same issue, but it's clearly not universal, so it stands to reason it's a setup issue.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

:p I didn't see this part of the message!
    It will be very very soon ;)

• Like Like x 2
  15. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

a.k.a "the way all cars had to driven in AMS2 pre v1.3" ;)

16. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am not sure we need many more different car series, I would really like more tracks to add to the current roster - how about the full F1 2022 tracks and some of the 1990 F1 tracks as well as lots of ovals and more US Indy car tracks. It would be great to race F1 Classic V3 with the 1991 roster to mirror Geoff Crammonds F1 - tracks like Mexico, Phoenix, Hungaroring, Barcelona, Magny Cours. That would be brilliant.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

More tracks are coming as DLCs have been sold:

- historic Spa (Spa DLC)
    - historic Nurburgring (Nurburgring DLC)
    - ovals? (USA DLC Part 3)
    - historical track pack DLC

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

Ovals!

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to trying this out on 200% damage scaling now, you'd expect them to do a slight amount of damage at high speed but, not the amount they have done up till now, could do with the same for the plastic bollards at Cadwell as they are overly severe aswell

20. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

Perhaps the developers could add a "Reset all setups to default" feature in the options menu?

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2