1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. EcoBrum

EcoBrum New Member

I'm still not good at moving with the items in the files, but on my station that you see in signature with settings they both work very well out of box, yaw and no. Impressive.;)
    Congratulations and thanks @Stakanov :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

(Father)
    Test with DD1 and No Yaw version file, @Stakanov this is very informative and consistent, wonderful file. :)
    I also trying the Yaw version, rather not bad!!! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry but I could not leave tomorrow (i.e. in a few hours) leaving Karsten's Momentum Rack without adjusting the last object that was not yet calculated for each single wheel, I am referring precisely to the kerbs ... I would not like that in my assent, turn late during curves, passing over the curbs only with the rear wheels and do not feel the effect ... caution is never too much!!! :p

1.1.jpg

###########################################################
    Name: rFuktor 5.0.1.4 - "ATMOS 4.1 (4xFX.1WHEEL)" MOD V. 1.1 (With & Without YAW)
    Mod and Tuned by Stakanov for All wheels
    ###########################################################

The main differences from previous file version "ATMOS 4.1 (4xFX.1WHEEL)" Mod V 1.0 are:
    - Also Kerbs are now for 4 single wheels and not only on front left/right.

The rest is unchanged, then it can only improve with your personal settings. ;)

Bye and goodnight!!! :)

Last edited: May 12, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 6
  4. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

Jurassic G25 here. ATMOS 1.0 with yaw is the new keeper. Thanks, Stakanov.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks @JoKeR and all ... download the update 1.1 is the same of 1.0 but with the kerbs for 4 wheels ... nothing change!!! ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

@Stakanov brilliant settings!

Tested with my DD1. In-game: Gain 75, LFB 0, FX 30, Damping 0. Fanalab: SEN AUT, FF 80, LIN ON, NDP OFF, NFR OFF, NIN 2, INT OFF, FEI 20, FOR 100, SPR 100, DPR 100, BLI OFF, SHO 100

ATMOS 4.1 No Yaw version.

Porsche 911GT3R, Nurburgring Veedol

Very Informative and nice on corners.

Last edited: May 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm really looking forward to testing their latest custom files Stakanov. But unfortunately I can only test in the evening, I am happy to give you feedback if you want? Nice day all:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. EcoBrum

EcoBrum New Member

I agree with you, really informative, I also use the ATMOS 1.1 NO YAW version with CSL DD 8Nm and among other things with very similar values to yours even if my base is a little weakened compared to yours, in fact I can also well use the Yaw version. ;)

Driver: Last available with SEN Auto, FFB 100, FFS PEAK, NDP OFF, NFR OFF, NIN OFF, INT OFF, FEI 20, FOR 100, SPR 100, DPR 100. Cursor in game: Gain 75, LFB 00-05, FX 35-45, DP 00-15.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Danielkart

I am happy to see that the Fanatec settings are also well received by other people. For a long time I've been of the opinion that the FEI value should go down:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Danielkart

I was able to test Stakanov's Custom over the afternoon. Only one hour but that's enough for a first assessment, of course I'll test more precisely and longer. Please no hate comments or bad words, like Stakanov I try to make the custom as good as possible. And I also pass on what I notice or might work better. My custom is not perfect either and there will always be something to improve. And it's criticism on a very high level with these custom files. Believe me, I don't care who made the custom and I would change immediately if it were better. Rob once described it very well that there should be a constant battle between car and track and the steering always at the limit. I compared the V1.1 without yaw, and this also with dd values and values according to the original. You can also test it yourself and see and feel what I have tested myself. Test1: Formula USA Gen. 1 with the Lola T95 car on the Road America track. The vibrations are still too much for me personally (taking both hands off the wheel is almost impossible). The steering becomes very heavy and hard in the corners. In the long, fast bends, pay attention to the ffb display, the line will remain very flat and the bumps in the track are much less noticeable. Compare it yourself to see and feel it. (scrub_vibes_scale must be 0 with dd in any case. Everything above that results in extreme tugging and tearing on the steering (can be felt when starting at full throttle) but even 0 is still too much tugging on the steering axle. In the 2nd test with the GT1 Mc Laren can also test it out for themselves what I mean by that and feel, as I said, I don't want to downplay Stakanov's work.These are just suggestions for improvement so that our files get better

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Danielkart

Test 2: GT1 Mc Laren F1 at the Imola circuit. Actually, the jumping and bouncing of the cars got better with the update from Reiza. But unfortunately it is very bad with the V1.1 (suspension). Test it yourself, drive out of the garage and keep to the far right. Accelerate in 1st gear and watch the ffb line and feel the beats and bounce. Then with my custom, it's a big difference. Of course, this also makes car control more difficult. As I said, this is criticism on a high level, but I think if Stakanov and his people can improve it, then it will be awesome. Greetings from Switzerland:)

12. EcoBrum

EcoBrum New Member

Mr. @Danielkart I think it is more useful to communicate which values you would change in the file to improve it, than to do an analysis without the solutions and with a continuous comparison, among other things Stakanov has already communicated that this is an initial melody to be tuned and improved, but with only an analysis talkative about what you like best I don't think it goes far.
    I don't think that mr Stakanov wants this, I think from expert users that he wants practical advice on how to improve it. These are a discussions that can be done in private if without solution and only a list of bad emotions!!! ;)
    I am not an expert and I am not able, but I think that the experts also expect the correction, why don't you try to correct what you want and don't send them the inputs or the file with your modify? I think it helps him more!!! No?

I notice some things too, but I notice many others ... the file is wonderfull with all the initial variables to fix!!
    Mr. @Stakanov if I find some value that improves what I don't like, I will communicate it to him hoping it will help you

• Like Like x 2
  13. Danielkart

I have to test and analyze first, that's completely normal. The file is from Stakanov, I can't just put everything right right away. There are countless variations and possibilities. I don't have the overview with his custom that I have with my custom. I always pass on my feedback and what I notice, you would also know that if you followed the thread:)

14. Danielkart

only pass on things that are relevant and for which Custom is important. Whether a value is 0.1 or 0.2 is not important and a matter of taste. I hope you understand what I mean

15. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

(Father)
    Mr. @Danielkart i am using Stakanov's file with DD1 and without problems and it is true that there is something to improve (but not this level of discomfort and with a constant need to comparison), and since he knows how to tune a file better (lower the bump, the suspensions, the oscillations, ....) because it doesn't propose to him what to correct or which values to use on DD, would I think it would be more useful? I think that you are right when says that he must finish testing it. ;)
    Modify it as he sees fit and send it to Stakanov, I don't think he doesn't listen to it, on the contrary it seems to me that he follows him a lot in terms of values.

Otherwise continue to propose your splendid file with your modifications and I will be the first to use it if to my taste. Thanks for all your works.

16. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you want to make progress you should embrace other people's opinions. Criticism is a good thing as long as it's constructive. If everyone just made compliments all the time, that'd mean stagnation.
    Imo nobody should feel insulted by criticism, they should be thankful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. AntoAntoDD

AntoAntoDD Member

But what does it have to do with it, criticize me as well but tell me where am I wrong to make pizza ... but if you also sell pizzas then it's not criticism ... I think it's clear or not???

18. Danielkart

Believe me, I would pass my changes on to Stakanov right away if I knew. Such a custom file is the result of countless hours of testing, so you can't just conjure something out of the hat for another custom. Stakanov couldn't do that for mine either because he has enough to do with his own. It's not easy to change a few values and then it's good. And it is always the difference in the bases that makes everything even more difficult. Stakanov has many helpers in the background, I'm alone. I will definitely continue to look into the Stakanov custom and if I find something I will certainly pass it on:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Really good point about looking at the FFB display, @Danielkart - had not considered to look at it while testing. I’ll give it a try.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You make it look like there is ill intent or something. I think the respect between the guys is obvious. If you make pizza yourself your criticism is even more valuable. People should be more open minded to ideas and suggestions without always looking at things through your 'criticism is disrespectful' glasses.