1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Please keep your settings if you prefer them, but I have to comment again for the general audience that zeroing settings is not the equivalent of "pure" FFB in AMS 2. Each slider has a purpose and the FFB is based on the physics of the cars (not canned). The goal is to achieve a nice balance across the four sliders, which will vary by hardware and personal preference. And, zero is unlikely to ever be a good choice because you are effectively muting one of the output channels.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ashavan

Ashavan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes You've got a point. I just didn't feel like it has made a big jump in driving feel like the other cars have. I will check that I've reset the setups and give it another go. Just wanted to see what other peoples opinions were. The DPi, GT1, Porsche cup and others all feel awesome now since the update so not a disaster if there's one car I don't gel with.

3. BadEngineer

BadEngineer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I will try again a bit of FX (was using 30 a couple of months ago) but I felt there was too much information going on so I indeed muted some channels. To each their own, yada yada yada. I like how it is now :)

4. Ashavan

Ashavan New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I might double check my setup has been deleted/reset and give it another go. Thanks for the feedback. Just wanted to see what other people thought.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I feel very light ffb on g29 (i have tried, custom and default +) only sparse bump, no road rubber sensation, some bump on curb.

6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Class P1

• are they faster than they were before the last update? I hadn't done a time trial in P1 yet and it's all going (to) well
    • I don't think they have an adio signal for the DRS, is that how it should be, or is the sound snowed under in the rest of the sound?

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

This is probably the greatest update since AMS2 was released. The updated physics and tire model are game changing. Porsche Cup am I right, guys? Holy cow these are good. All the cars that got the updates are simply fantastic to drive. There's no sim out there that even comes close to what Reiza is doing under-the-hood with physics. Nobody. Just a great job.

Now if we could just get an updated FFB guide, please :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 7
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Possible indeed.

AJR with DRS have no restriction for DRS, you can use it everywhere you think it works without losing control.
    The beep is audible for cars that are using the detection/DRS zone regulations.

• Informative Informative x 5
  9. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In that case what signal is still being sent if the sliders are all set to 0? There is still sophisticated FFB coming through at least for my wheel. You seem to be saying that the slider values provide additional FFB information and not just shape it.

10. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

I also just tried turning all sliders to 0 (except gain) on the Default + profile and found it a far nicer experience than before. Maybe i am missing out on something, but car seems less slidey feeling and i seemed to be able to steer more precisely.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Sorry I should clarify: I think one is 'loosely base don' the MP4-4, and one looks loosely based on a Eurobrun.

12. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Yep, this is pretty much where I arrived as well. After some fiddling about, once more landed on pretty much suggested Fanatec settings for the CSL DD and 65/20/30/30 in game. As much as I applaud the whole custom-FFB business, after a while I'll try default+ and it'll just click again.

One very important setting I overlooked for too long was "FEI" or Force Effect Intensity.
    Mucho too spiky and jolty on 100, so turned down to 60, then 50. Now I've arrived at that point where I'm no longer "wanting" and searching...

I did the "gain about 65/70 the rest to 0" thing first, being a compliant twit thinking that it was mandatory or something for DD. But certain info was definitely missing.

I'm happy the general physics and FFB have reached this baseline of quality where a sensible dialing-in paired with one of the recently updated cars just yields instant joy.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unless there was a change in the last update, DRS in this class is unrestricted.

I've said since early access days that P1's needed either split into two classes or rebalanced. The MetalMuros are great cars, but it would make more sense to split them into a DRS capable class, and a non-DRS capable one. The P2 class has similar problems with the Sigma able to easily run away from the much less powerful MetalMuro.

14. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

That's why we desperately need an updated FFB guide. Your recommendation goes directly against Fanatec recommended settings. For instance, Fanatec recommends 0 LFB and 0 FX for my wheel and they don't even mention damping because that was added after Fanatec posted their recommendations.

The current FFB guide on this site doesn't mention damping either because it's terribly outdated.

So if we're talking about the "general audience" they are going to use Fanatec recommended settings if they have a Fanatec wheel or just play with sliders endlessly if they don't.

You say "Each slider has a purpose and the FFB is based on the physics of the cars (not canned). The goal is to achieve a nice balance across the four sliders"

That's awesome. But nobody knows how to get that "balance" because we don't have an updated FFB guide. The current guide is over a year old.

Don't get me wrong, I love the way the FFB feels to me right now, but that's after a year of playing with sliders. New players don't want to mess with sliders for a year.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You need some damping in a DD to control rotation speed. Thats the whole point and without it the wheel reacts much too violently when counter steering or opposite lock. It doesn't ruin the Pure feel. Theres even friction and inertia to have fun with too.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My 1.3.6.0 beta install is not updating to 1.3.6.1. Does this now only happen via the main install and the release candidate system. upload_2022-5-14_9-18-23.png

17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The beta is still indicating 1.3.6.0 but it's at the same state like 1.3.6.1

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks @CrimsonEminence I was a little confused.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For such bugs a quick hotfix would be nice to not confuse more and more users.
    I for example had an other kind of confusing situation: I still had the name extension “Release candidate” in my Steam library although the latest public version update was already installed. I opted out of beta then just to be sure to have the latest version but it shouldn’t work like this. IIRC the version should automatically switch back to public version, right?

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I don't know if it's a accident but the release-candidate got a 200mb update.If it's not please could I know what's changed.Also the version number is 1.3.6.2