1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, but as I said, the feel of understeer isn't that important to me as I can see when I understeer and in most cases I also know why. To me the most important thing is the information about what the rear end is doing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know the idea could be nice but the sliding should be dictated by the union of all the variables, weight, grip, physics and contact surface or pneumatic model ... predetermining it in the timing seems like a gamble, slide is not always with the same threshold ... but we can definitely test ... why give up?? Trying is better than not doing it!!! ;)

3. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes, it may not work or it may not be good. But it's worth trying to determine the timing of the slide, we have nothing to lose;)

4. Neurotic

Neurotic New Member

@Danielkart I just tested your latest custom file and I have to say I really like it. Great feel on acceleration and break, giving you a good feel for the car. Last test session was with the Ultima Race around Kyalami and I couldn't stop enjoying...I mean testing it. :)
    I think you are on a good way with the latest changes. Thanks again for sharing!

Here my settings for CSL DD (8nm) with your file:
    SEN: AUTO
    FFB: 100
    FFS: PEAK
    NDP: 15 - 20
    NFR: 0 - 10
    NIN: 0 - 10
    INT: 0
    FEI: 20 or 30
    FOR: 100
    SPR: 100
    DPR: 100

Ingame:
    --------------
    GAIN: 75
    LFB: 0
    FX: 30
    DMP: 0

• Like Like x 2
  5. Danielkart

Good evening! I'm glad they like it. I think your fanatec settings for your base are very good and make sense to me. When I compare their power to mine, our settings are perfectly matched. Many greetings:)

6. Danielkart

I will write your csl dd 8Nm settings to the custom file in my next version. I hope it's okay for you too. regards

7. Neurotic

Neurotic New Member

Sure, feel free to use them as a base for CSL DD 8nm users.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Danielkart

Good Morning! I tested your suggestion to integrate the suspension into the dynamic adjustment of the braking and acceleration feeling, unfortunately without success. Yes you are right there are physical laws that are given in reality. But for me it's still a simulation and if I feel something getting better or worse then I don't care about the physics, even if it's not logical. Integrating first tests with slide_threshold looks very good, I might post it later today. Greetings and have a nice day:)

9. Tregonhawke

Tregonhawke New Member

@Stakanov, thank you so much for creating, finessing, and sharing these. The increased feel through the wheel makes such a difference.

I've just installed the 2.1 with YAW and shaved nearly 6 seconds off of my Nordschleife GT3 Time Trial record in my first session, placing 16th.

Thrustmaster T300 FFB settings G-70, LFB-10, FX-35, D-20.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Danielkart

Version 35 with these changes: dt value has been adjusted, for less latency is now almost back to original value. RL_ and RR_ slide value adjusted. Brake_feel_follow_weight and accel_feel_follow_weight slightly lowered for dynamic braking and acceleration. Slide_threshold integrated into the custom file. Slip_crossover_line1_slope with #ausgeblendet. For me, this value makes no sense, and there are unwanted effects in the ffb. That's it, I wish you a lot of fun. Have a nice day:)Addendum: This custom should work because the wrong code is not in it

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Stakanov

Thank for feedback i'm really happy for you, the GRIP STRETCH is a nice file ... I hope as soon as possible to be able to stabilize the ATMOS V1.2 as the GRIP & STRETCH V2.1, there is no reason for this not to happen ;)

In the meantime for now I have found further incorrect code in the ATMOS 1.2 and therefore in the next version 1.3 everything should be stabilized, updated and retuned ... we'll see :)

• Like Like x 4
  12. Stakanov

@Danielkart , sorry but where is linked the value (slide_threshold 0.15) .... if i not mistake, this varible is not present in all your file v35 and under in the lines of code is absent any instruction for "slide_threhold" ... o_O

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Danielkart

Sorry I have so many files, sent the wrong one without

• Like Like x 1
  14. Danielkart

Stakanov pointed out to me that my code is wrong. So forget my last file, sorry and thanks a lot Stakanov:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If there is a way of reducing the amount of wheel shake on take off, that would be great. Everything else is pretty good, but the shake at take off is actually quite brutal. And that is the YAW and No YAW Atmos files. Thanks Stakanov, take care.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Stakanov

Yes, I know this aspect and it must certainly be reduced or strongly mitigated ... but you know why now it has come out and before no???
    It is due to the addition of the new rear variables ... in particular the new suspension per wheel (mostly at rear) + the new road per wheel (mostly at rear) + the new bumps and kerbs per wheel (mostly at rear).
    Before you did not feel it not becouse is ok but because the rear variables were not calculated and the suspension therefore did not bounce, now it does, and feel surface, bump, grip and others. ;)

Is it just a defect or can it also be an advantage that only needs to be checked???

If you notice the same defect (annoying for now), on the same car, changes from track to track ... for example on the tracks with highly slippery roads the shaking is with fast frequency and medium force with long duration (Virginia), on the medium rough tracks the defect is with medium frequency, strong shake but not very long (Kansai), on highly rough tracks the defect disappears or is very short because the frequency is less and wheel grips immediatly and then the shake is near to zero (Ibarra).

Don't think of it as a defect or witch only an error, it is more a characteristic that must be balanced or better corrected with the right measure of coefficients, smooth, suspension, rubber, stretch, slip and grip ... we will get there, but first I have to balance the file permanently and make sure there are no more stupid trivial code typing errors (maybe this is already enough to eliminate it) ;)
    I don't know when, I hope as soon as possible ... and I will work on it because I want to eliminate it!! For example, now in ATMOS 1.2 I have already found 2 lines of wrong code in the bumps ... maybe it solves the jolt or the shake ... but I have to go home and try !!! :)

In the meantime, at the start, after the clutch release, turn up the accelerator a little!!! :p

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. ricxx

Do you perhaps know whose files are for belt driven wheel bases? I suppose most people's file are for DD so it's easier to just name those for belt driven ones.

18. Danielkart

Hello rixx! For belt bases, I recommend Stakanov's files because he also has one:)

• Like Like x 1
  19. ricxx

I'm asking because I'd like to avoid using files that are not suited for my wheel. Are there more file for belt driven wheels? I'm on the CSL DD btw.

20. Danielkart

Then you have a dd rixx no belt base. Then you can also try my latest version 35, with the values of "neurotic" it also has a csl dd. The values are in the file. And by the way, there is no such thing as a bad file, you can try and test everything. You just take what you like best;)

• Like Like x 1