1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.6.2 Officially RELEASED

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Apex

Apex Active Member

Sure! I've set Skill/Aggression to 100/50 in-game, and currently I'm using the attached custom files. As you will quickly notice, every driver in each file has the same skills, and consistency is set very low in order to make every race less predictable.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reading back through the forum there's been a heck of alot on the topic of A.I. recently and their issues,Im always interested in this and will always bring up any problems I find. Today I caught the A.I. being really rather excellent, so much so I dropped out of the race and just watched the A.I. on the monitor. Think folks might find this interesting, keep an eye on Gabrielle!!!

• Like Like x 10
  3. Apex

Apex Active Member

I just gotta say how much I love the Caterhams - especially the Supersport and the Superlight. They are midlife crisis cars par excellence; lively, festive and high-spirited but will rarely pose a serious intellectual challenge.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yerffej

Yerffej Member

Quick question, sorry if it has already been answered, are we still on the Release candidate build ?
    Many thanks

5. RDG

RDG Active Member

Nice video!

My personal main gripe with the AI is that they don't seem to run any physics and can pull moves that the player simply can't. They can battle for position corner after corner, taking severely compromised lines, going halfway onto the grass, yet lose no time whatsoever.

I think the AI is part of the Madness Engine and thus will be difficult if not impossible for Reiza to get it to their standards unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No, 1.3.6.2 is officially released as public main build for AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I don't want to spark another one of those wars over them we have every now and again, but is the devlog meant to be coming during the month or at the end of it? Just curious since we're already halfway through and it's been mentioned but not released

8. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From the most recent development update (my emphasis):

• Like Like x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It'll be released, when it's done folks! :)

• Like Like x 7
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks mate, tried your settings and AI file for the Vintage Gen 2, but it is still unraceable for me. The AI is overly slow on the straights and banked corners. They somewhat make up for that on T1 and the double slow right handers with insane corner exit.

Below is a video I recorded without your files.

I would record one using your custom AI files but I stopped racing after the 2nd lap because I was too far ahead already, and there would have nothing to show.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

From the other newest one however, which just made me wonder if there's a scheduled release date or if it's just a "done when it's done" thing

edit: Crimson said it's the latter, nevermind :p

12. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Main build has received the latest update. If your Steam client still says "release candidate" right-click Automobilista 2 > properties > betas > none, that will opt-out of release candidate build and into main build.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Apex

Apex Active Member

Ah yes, on the 10K the AI is quite slow on the straights no matter what you do. The 1971 road track works better but you still have a slight edge wrt top speed towards Parabolica, even with your downforce maxed.

14. Rodrigo Dutra

Rodrigo Dutra Don Perina Racing AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 5
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a race tonight in the porsche cup car at Galeao. The porsche cup car must be the best fun I have ever had in any sim. The sound is sublime, again possibly the best sounding car in a sim I have heard. I can't think of one bad thing to say about it.

I hope the other cars get the same sound updates.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Anthony 123

Anthony 123 Active Member

Hadn't played in a while due to frustration with multiplayer but I loaded up the game today to find that the wheel can finally be switched off! Thank you so much!! This has been my biggest wish since day one.
    I have to second what others are saying about the sound. It often feels like the helmet setting that muffles sounds is permanently turned on in ams2. Try it for yourself, turn on the helmet and the game sounds no different. The sounds need some love for sure in cockpit view!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I prefer to drive with bonnet cam and the sound is the same, a bit muffled. I'd almost prefer to have the option to use sound from chase view (i think, one of the outside views), which often sounds more gutteral and sharp, although I think improved internal sounds are the ideal solution.

18. TexasSpecial

TexasSpecial Member

sounds like its from some very early computer generated sound files. Other than that and not having Ferraris or lambos to drive, this game is beating other sims hands down both in FFB, looks and dynamics.

19. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Ferraris and a Lambo are available as MOD. :whistle:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

exactly why I like the cockpit sound the most, it is a bit less sharp, and even then I turn down the volume of my own engine.